Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NationsU M.T.S. Journey
Interesting that you had this experience because, in my initial application run of schools for my PhD/DBA/EdD search, I felt that Liberty was one of the more straightforward simple options. There may have been some bias since I was given an application fee waiver Wink

You might be on to something with the additional requirements for the Divinity School
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I doubt NU will add more programs/concentrations. They haven't added new degrees in the 21+ years they've been open. The current degree went from an MRS to an MTS upon accreditation review and they added a few things to the coursework like extra research papers (probably to get DEAC approval) but it's essentially the same program. I'm guessing since most everyone, including professors, are virtually volunteers and tuition is so low, they'll stick with their current model. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(01-26-2018, 10:12 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: You might be on to something with the additional requirements for the Divinity School

I don't know if you've seen the application page I did. It involves agreeing to their beliefs. But it seems to only be for the Divinity school (and maybe other religious programs).

I now feel that I can't start the first MTS class until May Sad 6 months of no progress is around $500, although the entire degree would still be cheap if I finished by Dec 2019.

I think that I might go faster on my CS degree than originally planned, but that would leave less time for the MTS. It's difficult to decide.

More importantly, I'm still really considering dropping out of this program in order to do a grad certificate or different Masters. I am very interested in this program, but the opportunity cost may be too great in the next couple years. I could enroll in this program later on. I decided that I would only do the MTS if I don't find something else that I think will help me earn more.

Just linking the group MTS thread which helped me decide, so I can remove it from my signature: http://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthre...?tid=27884

I've been exploring teaching at community colleges again. The MTS degree might not be enough for some schools, even if my 18 grad credits are from an RA school. I also would not want to teach theological-related topics, so I'm thinking of getting a different Masters.

I am not 100% sure yet, but I believe I will be too busy with other things to work on this degree. I'll probably wait at least 3 months before I officially tell them, because hopefully they won't charge me if I never took a course. I hate to give up on the low tuition, and I still would like to complete this degree, but I feel like I have found some other good opportunities that I can't afford to miss. However, I will come back to this if I end up being unable to afford other opportunities or take them. It seems unlikely, however, that I would spend my time on this MTS instead of spending on a 4 or 6 month MBA, or accumulating 18 grad credits in an area (my first area, or an additional area). I feel like the MTS would be something fun to do later on. I really do wish I could study that material now, but I have to think about income, etc.

To wrap up this thread of mine, I've dropped out without having started a course. Doing an MTS is still an interest of mine, but anything related to my career goals will come first. It will probably be a while until I have time for an interesting "hobby degree". For a while I thought this would tie into my career goals, but my plans changed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,452 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 1,913 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,841 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,277 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  Round 2 - WGU MSITM Journey quigongene 41 6,537 04-16-2022, 10:26 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Walden MHA tempo learning journey Sparklette 17 3,883 02-24-2021, 08:46 AM
Last Post: pkmoose
  NationsU graduate RoyalSpade 4 962 02-20-2021, 02:07 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  NationsU to Liberty RoyalSpade 3 1,499 01-02-2021, 07:51 PM
Last Post: novamonday
  Walden U - MS Psych Learning Tempo Journey warriortaupou 3 1,040 10-07-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Unity
  Walden Master I/O Psychology -compentency based $1100 - My journey xspect 57 12,588 09-21-2020, 10:39 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou