Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help Getting Started With Study.Com / Straighterline.Com
Hello All,

I was hoping someone could help me get started with some step by step instructions to get started with Earning Credits through Study.Com or Straighterline.Com. I need to know how/when to sign up for the ACE account thing and if there is a cost related to this. Then I am also trying to find out average cost and time to finish a course. I'd like to do at least 2 courses to start and go from there. I really just need help with how the actual credit transfer process works so I can talk to my current school and see if the credit will be excepted.

Update : I am mostly concerned with taking and Completing Managerial Accounting this way. Looking for a step by step for getting the credit as quickly as possible to my school. "Hudson Valley Community College" thanks. This will allow me to finish my degree this spring!!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
You would want to check with HVCC first to see if they will accept ACE credit recommendations. Some colleges will not accept ACE recommended credits other then CLEP/DSST or military. I believe HVCC will accept some challenge exams from Excelsior College. It is somewhat similar to CLEP/DSST. Excelsior offers a challenge exam for managerial accounting. Thomas Edison State University has a challenge exam program as well called TECEPs. They offer one for principles of managerial accounting. The TECEPs show on the transcript as a pass/fail course so HVCC may accept it as TESU considers a passing grade to be equivalent to a C grade and TESU is regionally accredited.

For transferring ACE recommended credit you sign up for an ACE account. There is no cost to set up the account. You then complete the course you want to take such as study.com. After successfully completing the course you log into your ACE account and request to have the course added to your ACE transcript. After the course is approved and added to your ACE transcript you can request to have the transcript sent to your college. ACE charges a small fee to send each transcript.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Study.com and Straighterline are self paced courses and are typically completed within a few weeks depending on the course difficulty and previous knowledge of the subject. Study.com and Straighterline both require a paid subscription that lasts one month so most try to complete the courses within the one month subscription otherwise you have to pay for a second month. For study.com the 1 month college accelerator subscription without discount code costs $200. If you use a discount code (if one is available) or purchase a 1 yr subscription (through study.com, not a discount code or coupon) it will be cheaper. Straighterline charges a $99 dollar per month subscription plus the cost of the course, some business courses include an e-book otherwise you pay extra for the book and course material (if required). Straighterline also has discount codes as well.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...llege.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 386 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 258 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 369 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,109 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,322 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,324 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 664 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 945 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore