Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need TESU study plan advice
My spouse is interested in using TESU to get a BALS, however since we live outside the USA, testing online at home is his best option. 

Is this doable?

Study.com - 90 credits
TECEP-24 credits
TESU-6 required credits

Also, if it takes longer than 1-2 years to complete the degree what are TESU's fees to remain a registered degree seeking student? I can't seem to find this information on the website.
Sophia is free, I would use them first and get up to 75 credits there.

instantcertcredit has American Government and few other courses.

Then straighterline/study.com for the rest.

If you take one TECEP per year or take one course you will stay registered.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • icy, rachel83az
(05-17-2020, 07:41 PM)icy Wrote: My spouse is interested in using TESU to get a BALS, however since we live outside the USA, testing online at home is his best option. 

Is this doable?

Study.com - 90 credits
TECEP-24 credits
TESU-6 required credits

Also, if it takes longer than 1-2 years to complete the degree what are TESU's fees to remain a registered degree seeking student? I can't seem to find this information on the website.

Why 24 credits of TECEP? That isn't necessary.
(05-17-2020, 08:18 PM)natshar he feels more comfortable taking exams directly from TESU. Just wondering if this plan is doable, not if there are other options at the moment. Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 07:41 PM)icy Wrote: My spouse is interested in using TESU to get a BALS, however since we live outside the USA, testing online at home is his best option. 

Is this doable?

Study.com - 90 credits
TECEP-24 credits
TESU-6 required credits

Why 24 credits of TECEP? That isn't necessary.

Also, I've found conflicting information on the cost of TECEPs, on this forum it says they are $114, but on the TESU website it says they are $50-$75. Has the pricing just changed recently?
TECEPs are $50 per credit for LL (100, 200-level equivalent) and $75 per credit for UL (300, 400-level equivalent). There is one 1-credit LL course (medical terminology). The others are all 3-credit tests (though there may be a 4-credit test that I don't recall offhand. That means most tests are either $150 or $225.

If it takes you more than a year to finish a degree, simply take a course (such as the capstone) through TESU or take a TECEP. In general, you do not NEED TECEPs but they are good for enrolling and remaining enrolled.

Is this doable?

Study.com - 90 credits
TECEP-24 credits
TESU-6 required credits

Yes, if you max out on Study.com credits, you can do the remaining through TECEP and TESU.

I personally would just do another ACE provider instead of TECEP's, since you're limited on credits per course provider.  Sophia is completely free right now, every course, so do as many as you can (ok, don't do Foundations, TESU doesn't take those).

Here's a list of what works for the different areas at TESU:

AREA A
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: English Comp I & II
ORAL COMMUNICATION: Public Speaking
QUANTITATIVE LITERACY: College Algebra or Intro to Statistics

AREA B
DIVERSITY: Intro to Sociology OR Approaches to Studying Religions
ETHICAL LEADERSHIP: Intro to Ethics
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT: NOT AVAILABLE

AREA C
Art History I & II
Conflict Resolution
Visual Communications
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Macro & Microeconomics
US History I & II
Intro to Psychology

AREA D
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Intro to IT

GE ELECTIVES
The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
Any of the above not already used

FREE ELECTIVES
College Readiness
Intro to Business
Accounting (can also be used in Business Core)
Project Management (can also be used in Business AOS)
Developing Effective Teams (1cr) (can also be used in Business AOS)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • icy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,331 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 478 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 321 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 259 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  Need some advice tpell1219 17 783 03-31-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM