Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help completing BSBA Computer Information Systems
Hello Community!

I have been working on completing Computer Information Systems through TESU for about 8 months, and attached is a link to my spreadsheet documenting my progress so far.  It would be great if I could get some help reviewing what I have done so far and what classes or tests I need to complete the degree.  All green cells are completed classes or tests.  All yellow cells need to be done.  All red cells need something in there, because total credits for all the classes I plan on or have already taken add up to 108, not 120.  Blue cells are in progress.  I was wondering what classes I am missing, and out of the yellow cells, if there are any classes that can be replaced with easier ones. 

Thanks!

Cameron

(link to my spreadsheet) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
That spreadsheet's looking alright with a few mistakes, why is SL Intro to Philosophy showing up three times?
Here's all you need, right above your post is the Beginners Guide Sticky, on post #5, I have links to my dropbox.

There's two templates a BSBA General Management and a BSBA CIS, mix and match the two to reflect yours!
OR, customize it to reflect what courses you would like to use and have the spreadsheet for reference/tracking.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Well actually I have philosophy, psychology, and physiology 1 and 2, they look similar
LOL, I must have skimmed that too quickly - I blame it on not enough sleep and too much computer use... I should have known as I took 31 Straighterline courses (32 if you count Intro to Stats where I didn't get ACE credit as I had 65%), I took all 4 of those courses. I would stick to the CIS AOS courses in the BSBA CIS template... other than that, keep rocking the SL courses!

Note: I would search the forum for posts that are recent and find out what the updated courses are.
There are other options to round out the CIS AOS if you want, example, see this post.
http://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthre...240&page=2

Straighterline Introduction to Programming in C++ - $100
CSU Global CBE for Information Systems Analysis and Design (CIS-320) - $250
Saylor Computer Communications and Networking (UL) - $25
Saylor Software Engineering (UL) - $25
Study.com Digital Marketing & Advertising (UL) - $100
TECEP - Networking Technology (UL) - $117
TEEX Cybersecurity for Business & IT Professionals (4 UL free credits) - FREE

**Saylor Management Information Systems (UL) - $25
**Saylor Strategic Information Technology (UL) - $25
**Saylor MIS and SIT should come into TESU as the same thing, so it's duplicate credit**
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TESU will also accept the CSU Global CBEs for database management, cloud computing and big data, and digital marketing. The evaluations for the TEEX courses change every month, so get those pre-approved.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(09-07-2017, 06:04 PM)sanantone Wrote: TESU will also accept the CSU Global CBEs for database management, cloud computing and big data, and digital marketing. The evaluations for the TEEX courses change every month, so get those pre-approved.

pre-approved, what do you mean?
You can switch out the Strategic Management TECEP, that is no longer available. I would suggest that you call and switch your enrollment to the Study.com affiliate membership, which will give you a big discount on the Residency Waiver and the TESU online capstone, as well as a waiver for taking the cornerstone. That will save you $1000.

Then, sign up for Study.com and take Digital Marketing, which will count in your AOS. Then take Principles of Finance while you're at it (the $199 fee for the month includes 2 exams, you might as well take advantage of it). You can also use the TECEP Computer Concepts & Applications (easy), or Saylor's Software Engineering here.

Also consider using Davar for the International Business course, I've heard that's the best out of the bunch (Study.com, TECEP, etc.).

If your AP exam was AP Calc AB, then it's 3cr. If it was for AP Calc BC, then you'd get 6 cr.

Finally, you need an additional 2/3 courses in Gen Ed. If you feel comfortable using Saylor, you might want to do Intro to Computer Science II or Software Engineering, or SL's Intro to IT.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Leonem
Digital marketing will be an easy course that you can knock out in a day or two. Will give you 3 UL

The two teex courses will come in as upper level and will be free.

That'll give you 7 credits

Study.com history will go towards gen eds

Will Clep information systems and management information systems overlap? You should double check?

To piggy back off what dfrecore make sure you double check on saylor IT/CS courses going to General Ed.

As a CIS major if I remember correctly I had trouble getting those types of credits to fall under Gen Ed but as a Gen Man credit they went in fine.

Just double check

Good luck
TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
Computer Information Systems
General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
CIS AOS-
TEEX- Bus for IT + IT Professional = 4 UL
Study.com- Digital Marketing = 3 UL
University- Hardware Support Esentials = 4 LL C
Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL C
SL- C++ Programming 4 UL
CSU Global - System Analysis & Design = 3 C

Gen Man AOS-
Study.com- HRM, Digital Marketing,
SL - Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Organzitional Behavior.
DAU- Contact Administration, Defense Procurement Management

(09-07-2017, 10:10 PM)yb1 Wrote: Will Clep  information systems and management information systems overlap? You should double check?

To piggy back off what dfrecore make sure you double check on saylor IT/CS courses going to General Ed.

As a CIS major if I remember correctly I had trouble getting those types of credits to fall under Gen Ed but as a Gen Man credit they went in fine.

The Info Sys CLEP should come in as COS-101, and so will the DSST, as well as the Study.com Intro to Computing course.  For whatever reason, Study.com's Info Sys course comes in as CIS-102.  Go figure.

CIS and COS courses should come in as Gen Ed's, but CMP and CAP's won't (although they may work in the AOS).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 213 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 861 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,444 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,163 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 3,878 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  UMPI YourPace Computer Science ashkir 99 18,852 09-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 796 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd
  LSU Online Computer Science JO37992 2 748 03-22-2023, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 13 2,361 03-07-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Ypsiterroir
  ASU's new online BS in Computer Science program nomaduser 8 2,119 03-02-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: davewill