Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help deciding
Hello All
Need help deciding would it be easier to complete Saylor .org PSYX-101 exam or Clep intro to psychology exam.
Go either CLEP or Straighterline for the price. That saylor course is not NCCRS approved, it is designed in order to sit for a ECE test. So the price would be a little more than a CLEP exam. The reason I suggest straighterline is because they usually have specials where you can buy one get one free.... So you could knock out two courses for 150 bucks (75 a piece), which would be the cheapest route.
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
Thank you for you help
I believe it is best to prefer CLEP and DSST over alternative sources when possible because they are more widely accepted.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
The UExcel/ECE test will result in graded credit on a transcript from Excelsior College.

If you barely pass the CLEP exam at the level to earn credit – congratulations! "A pass is a pass", you have credit, and there's almost no way the nothing-to-write-home about score to will redound against you in the future. If you fail the CLEP exam, that isn't "equivalent" to a D or an F in the sense that you'd get a D or F transcripted anywhere.

But if you barely pass the UExcel/ECE at the level to earn credit, you'll have a C transcripted from Excelsior. If you don't pass it, it appears you'll have an F transcripted.

CLEP is the safe road here. And nothing keeps you from using the Saylor material as part of studying for the CLEP!

I lived dangerously and took the UExcel/ECE Introduction to Psychology myself. Who else would I recommend this option to? Someone for whom this was part of a suite of study in a related field (like a psychology, social science, or health science major), who would study hard for an A, and for whom the benefit of having a transcripted grade on that would outweigh the risk.
subcch004

Where do you actually plan on going to school, what degree are you seeking, and do you have any credits already? People here are very good at giving advice with more information. CLEP exams are nice because they generally are accepted in more places then compared to other ACE or NCCRS associated credits. For example I am taking a few classes at a local community college then transferring it to TESC at the end of the semester; when I submitted all of my transcripts they didn't take anything from my ACE transcript, but they would take CLEP and DSST exams. If you know for sure that you plan on attending a "Big 3" college you may have more options with the courses you are willing to take. The MOST important rule is to verify with your school or potential school that they are willing to accept the course or exam you take, which includes CLEP exams. So if you want, give us an idea and people may assist.
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
UptonSinclair Wrote:I believe it is best to prefer CLEP and DSST over alternative sources when possible because they are more widely accepted.
Same here. Plus the CLEP isn't hard.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Thanks for all this valuable info.
I am considering COSC - Degree in Information systems. I currently do not have any traditional credits. I just find myself going around in circle trying figure out what the most effect route to take.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another person who needs help deciding on schools <advice please>! Mamasaphire 6 1,085 11-20-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Mamasaphire
  Need help deciding (TESC or COSC) - counseling/addiction studies/psych, etc CM1999 1 447 06-07-2015, 02:36 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Need help deciding which path to take Txcell 2 476 05-15-2015, 09:29 AM
Last Post: ajs1976
  TESC - BA in English - Need help deciding what courses & CLEP exams I should take af2012 8 910 02-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Last Post: IrishJohn
  Help me on deciding which courses to take.. bigticket 9 1,564 09-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Need Help Deciding on TESC Degree Objective bulletsoul 4 1,027 03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Griffin
  Need help deciding on what degree to get Shadowless 7 1,941 04-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Last Post: japhy4529