Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with MAP/ classes to choose
@new2this, if History isn't acceptable at Study.com you can try other courses from them, there are other providers too and it doesn't have to be just Study.com... I would email them in regards to any other providers and the courses offered there to see if it's acceptable, such as the ones I menetioned at Davar, LawShelf, Saylor, or anything that you're interested in.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you everyone.  Does intro to college math fulfill my math requirement or must i take algebra?
I finished ethics via sophia.org learned a lot but definitely didn't like the instructors.  Im now taking visual communications which is really interesting.
(09-03-2022, 05:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @new2this, if History isn't acceptable at Study.com you can try other courses from them, there are other providers too and it doesn't have to be just Study.com... I would email them in regards to any other providers and the courses offered there to see if it's acceptable, such as the ones I menetioned at Davar, LawShelf, Saylor, or anything that you're interested in.
Principals of management on sophia os transferred to excelsior under BUS 341- management concepts and applications.
Would this fulfill my arts and sciences Upper Level requirement?
(09-04-2022, 06:52 PM)new2this Wrote:
(09-03-2022, 05:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @new2this, if History isn't acceptable at Study.com you can try other courses from them, there are other providers too and it doesn't have to be just Study.com... I would email them in regards to any other providers and the courses offered there to see if it's acceptable, such as the ones I menetioned at Davar, LawShelf, Saylor, or anything that you're interested in.
Principals of management on sophia os transferred to excelsior under BUS 341- management concepts and applications.

Nope. It's a business class, which is not an Arts & Sciences.  Think Social Sciences, Humanities, Science and Math.

I already said that Sophia does not have ANY UL Arts & Sciences.  None.  As in not a single one.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-04-2022, 07:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-04-2022, 06:52 PM)new2this Wrote:

Nope. It's a business class, which is not an Arts & Sciences.  Think Social Sciences, Humanities, Science and Math.

I already said that Sophia does not have ANY UL Arts & Sciences.  None.  As in not a single one.

My apoligies. I forgot you did say that. 
So far
23 credits needed:
Excelsior = 7 credits
Leaving 16credits 5 UL and 11 LL

Completed 
Ethics- sophia.org
Visual communications- Sophia.org
Intro to information technology- Sophia.org

Pending
Intro to mathematics-sophia.org
History of civil rights-study.com
@new2this, 2 UL - Davar Academy, Organizational Behavior and Management Info Systems - again, email your advisor to verify, this will only cost you $129 for both and you should verify with Excelsior these come in as UL and in the Arts/Sciences. Finish the LL with Sophia.org by taking courses you haven't and doesn't duplicate your current credits... Voila!

(09-05-2022, 12:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @new2this, 2 UL - Davar Academy, Organizational Behavior and Management Info Systems - again, email your advisor to verify, this will only cost you $129 for both and you should verify with Excelsior these come in as UL and in the Arts/Sciences.  Finish the LL with Sophia.org by taking courses you haven't and doesn't duplicate your current credits... Voila!

I don't think Organizational Behavior will count towards arts/sciences: http://www.nationalccrs.org/davar-academ...havior-man

Quote:Credit recommendation: In the upper division baccalaureate degree category, 4 semester hours in Business or Management (11/16) (3/22 revalidation).
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(09-05-2022, 12:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @new2this, 2 UL - Davar Academy, Organizational Behavior and Management Info Systems - again, email your advisor to verify, this will only cost you $129 for both and you should verify with Excelsior these come in as UL and in the Arts/Sciences.  Finish the LL with Sophia.org by taking courses you haven't and doesn't duplicate your current credits... Voila!

I feel like I've repeated myself multiple times here:

At EU, Org Behavior DOES come in as an A&S, but MIS will not (only TESU brings some computer courses in as Liberal Arts, EU never does).  This is the only class at Davar that will come in as A&S - and you can't get the lower price there without taking 2 business courses in a month.

Just stick with Study.com or Coopersmith like was advised previously.  Even with that, there is a list on Study.com's website showing what comes in as UL A&S; and Coopersmith also has specific courses you can take, although it's going to be more expensive than SDC; you'll need to figure out which courses will work before taking them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Basically, You can always email your advisor, it doesn't take them too long to get back to you, find the courses you want to take. I can't recall everything, so I'm just dumping what may work, but as I mentioned, just email or speak with your advisor after you've made a list of courses/providers you want to go with, select a few and email them to get the final say. If you want to mix providers as you have the cash, do that...

You can use Study.com for these classes! That's what I'm doing. For example you could take "Ethics in America" for your ethics requirement. For the lower-level elective courses you can usually take anything as long as it isn't the same as something you've taken.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of Sophia Classes that count as UL Credit Niketay 2 1,081 07-07-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior Upper Level Classes TorsMama 3 1,421 07-12-2020, 12:21 AM
Last Post: alab21
  Computer Classes TwinMom 1 1,013 06-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: ss20ts