Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to make a decision in the next few hours…………
I have been struggling with what I want to do.  So I need someone to bounce some ideas off of.  

I tried the free Walden term.  I finished ONE competency, so that is most likely not worth anything now that it is done.

I was also accepted at NAU.  Let me say that I really do like what they have to offer.  But the term is 6 months, so it’s a longer commitment.   But a good price at $3,000 for a term.  But not a great price if I don’t have the time.  I do work full time from home and also have a part time job which is somewhat flexible.  I have to pay tonight if I am going to go forward.  But I can drop it and choose a different start date.

Part of me thinks that maybe I should just stick with some free and super cheap options (that might not necessarily lead to a degree).  Such as the ENEB or Christian Leaders… or even Saylor.  Just to try to keep learning and keep the mind sharp!   Wink     Maybe after some time, I might find I can work faster on a degree program.

I am also interested in the option of getting a full scholarship to Columbia Southern or Waldorf (I applied for it at CSU).  I could do one course at a time and if I understand correctly, they have some flexibility in the timeframes.

Doing NAU now is not exactly about the money.  Although if I am kidding myself on how much I can complete on competency based, it sure is an expensive experiment.  I’ve got a job and a half and a kid starting high school… a puppy…. And a hubby that works third shift.

When all is said and done, I don’t want to spend over $10,000 (if it’s a masters).  Less, if I do undergrad.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
I know it's a bit late for this, but I would not start at NAU at this time. Delay it until your life is more settled. In 6 months, your puppy will no longer be a puppy - or at least shouldn't require so much attention - and hopefully everything should be much better for you to possibly be able to concentrate on NAU. In the meantime, ENEB isn't a bad option at all!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Vle045
You definitely have a lot going on right now. If you delay 6 months as suggested that gives your pup time to adjust, your highschooler time to adjust, eneb you have 24 months to complete, so a good option to continue a bit slower when you have time, if you get accepted into CSU you can do one course at a time and it's self paced up to 10 weeks for that one class.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Vle045
Concur with the other posters here. You have a lot of life going on.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 2 users Like BrianFallon's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Vle045
Thank you everyone. I ended up dropping the subscription with the reason “want to choose a different date”. I love that they give you a 10 day window to try it out before paying and the ability to try again. So that give me a little more time to get ready. It also gives me the option to switch if needed. I’ll probably try to just stick to the ENEB and free options for now.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • rachel83az
A little late, but yeah, I would also recommend you to do the cheap/free options and work on your ENEB. Pace yourself: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
CBE is not for everyone. Please keep that in mind. It sounds like you have a lot going on in life right now. I would differ the enrollment at NAU for several months. Since you're interested in the ENEB programs I would start working on one of those. Set up a schedule and see how you do sticking to it before enrolling at NAU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • FastTrackDegree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to accomplish 30 credit hours of science for job promotion Dale2023 14 1,384 12-20-2022, 09:01 AM
Last Post: learningruss
  UMPI which degree would make sense based on what I have? WrapitRalph 7 1,059 05-26-2022, 09:19 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Need 5 traditional credit hours, recommendations? huero 32 3,179 04-30-2022, 11:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  OK... transcript evals from each of big 3. Help w/decision, please?! :) studyingfortests 4 1,076 05-13-2021, 03:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77