Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need 5 traditional credit hours, recommendations?
I need 5 traditional credit hours. 3 hours are for gened comm or english. The other two are elective credits. I would like self paced. I am looking at asu earned admission for the comm100. Really, I am just looking for the fastest, easiest  Do you guys know of any better alternatives to ASU?
Thank you, Huero
[-] The following 1 user Likes huero's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL
(04-02-2021, 12:24 PM)huero Wrote: I need 5 traditional credit hours. 3 hours are for gened comm or english. The other two are elective credits. I would like self paced. I am looking at asu earned admission for the comm100. Really, I am just looking for the fastest, easiest  Do you guys know of any better alternatives to ASU?
Thank you, Huero
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=36684

Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits)

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app

(04-02-2021, 12:35 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 12:24 PM)huero Wrote: I need 5 traditional credit hours. 3 hours are for gened comm or english. The other two are elective credits. I would like self paced. I am looking at asu earned admission for the comm100. Really, I am just looking for the fastest, easiest  Do you guys know of any better alternatives to ASU?
Thank you, Huero
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=36684

Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits)

And this thread

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthr...?tid=36385

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

I second the recommendation for ONU. They are self-paced, cheaper than TEL Learning, and seem to be slightly less work than TEL Learning as well. Plus, you don't pay until you finish the course. Winning all around!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thank you guys,  I will look them up.
Huero
(04-02-2021, 12:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I second the recommendation for ONU. They are self-paced, cheaper than TEL Learning, and seem to be slightly less work than TEL Learning as well. Plus, you don't pay until you finish the course. Winning all around!

So if you don't like your grade and choose not to put them on a transcript, they just go away, correct?  Similar to ASU/EA?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-02-2021, 02:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 12:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I second the recommendation for ONU. They are self-paced, cheaper than TEL Learning, and seem to be slightly less work than TEL Learning as well. Plus, you don't pay until you finish the course. Winning all around!

So if you don't like your grade and choose not to put them on a transcript, they just go away, correct?  Similar to ASU/EA?

Very similar, yes. IIRC from the press release stuff, you're not even "allowed" to get less than a C. You have to redo assignments correctly and resubmit them or the course won't go on the transcript. So you can't even pay for an F if you want to.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(04-02-2021, 03:58 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 02:54 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Very similar, yes. IIRC from the press release stuff, you're not even "allowed" to get less than a C. You have to redo assignments correctly and resubmit them or the course won't go on the transcript. So you can't even pay for an F if you want to.

That's nice.  I wish all schools did this! LOL
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you guys. I applied for admission at ONU. I finally got the email this morning(for some reason it took 4 or 5 days)

At any rate, the password process was about as painful as hammering your thumb. Sad thing is, now that I’m in, I still can’t find where the yourway courses are, or how to access them. You guys have any advice?

Thanks,
Huero
(04-12-2021, 09:18 AM)huero Wrote: Thank you guys. I applied for admission at ONU. I finally got the email this morning(for some reason it took 4 or 5 days)

At any rate, the password process was about as painful as hammering your thumb. Sad thing is, now that I’m in, I still can’t find where the yourway courses are, or how to access them. You guys have any advice?

Thanks,
Huero

Log in at https://olivet.force.com/wayfinder/s/ Once you're in, click on "view courses" up at the top.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(04-12-2021, 09:50 AM)That’s rachel83az Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 09:18 AM)huero Wrote: Thank you guys. I applied for admission at ONU. I finally got the email this morning(for some reason it took 4 or 5 days)

Thanks,
Huero

Log in at https://olivet.force.com/wayfinder/s/ Once you're in, click on "view courses" up at the top.
Thank you.  I don’t think I would have ever gotten there wothout your help.

I have 3 credit/hours left for gen-Ed.  These are my options. However, I already have Comm120 and Engl110, I need an RA course that transfers in as something different. Rachel helped me get logged in to ONU, so I was just going to take their public speaking class. Do you guys see a better option that I am missing ?

Thank you for all your help and advice,
Huero

COMM120 - Information and Digital Literacy
COMM200 - Public Speaking
COMM285 - Interpersonal Communications
ENGL101 - Proficiency in Writing
ENGL102 - Effectiveness in Writing
ENGL110 - Making Writing Relevant
ENGL200 - Composition and Literature
ENGL220 - Technical Writing
ENGL221 - Scientific Writing
ENGL225 - Business Writing
HRMT101 - Human Relations Communication
IRLS200 - Information Literacy and Global Citizenship
ITCC231 - Introduction to Information Technology Writing
LSTD205 - Legal Research and Writing
MGMT100 - Human Relations

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 573 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 415 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
Wink Fast RA Credit Options User7364 9 841 01-04-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Recommendations Needed for an online Artificial Intelligence certification or degree xspect 11 1,015 12-01-2023, 01:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Mature student seeks help with college credit/bypassing courses. Psychology oriented. Cyath 27 2,422 11-12-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Getting into a traditional PHD program after degree hacking? deuil 7 1,028 11-04-2023, 11:58 AM
  Non-Traditional Law school route. AlvinG 32 3,550 08-20-2023, 01:32 AM
Last Post: AlvinG
  Self Paced RA credit for English Literature? rlw74 4 737 06-11-2023, 02:07 AM
  TESU - credit questions kevinks 6 1,288 03-20-2023, 01:02 AM
Last Post: kevinks
  Need Credit Review/Advice for Pierpont BOG AAS Degree VP576 7 1,153 02-05-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Insert Name