Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ACE-Recommended Study.com Courses
Hello! We’re excited to announce 10 new ACE-recommended courses on Study.com! These courses are:

Accounting 101: Financial Accounting
Accounting 102: Intro to Managerial Accounting
Accounting 301: Applied Managerial Accounting
Accounting 302: Advanced Accounting
Business 105: Labor Relations
Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management
Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising
Business 311: Project Management
Finance 101: Principles of Finance
Genetics 101: Intro to Genetics

We know that many students are using Study.com courses in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in business at Thomas Edison State University and other institutions, and we hope that the new courses in business, accounting, and finance will help users achieve this goal faster and at a reduced cost. We’ll also be updating our transfer guide with TESU in the coming weeks to include these newly recommended courses.

The full list of all our 73 ACE-recommended courses is available right here, and our listing on ACE’s National Guide is here.

We’re constantly getting new courses recommended for college credit, so keep an eye out for more courses in the coming months.

Thank you!
This is amazing! Will these courses be ACE recommended for 3 credits each?
More upper level natural science and computer science courses, please. We have umpteen million options for business. Thank you.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Amazing! I need 3 of these. Looks like I am signing up again!

Did I ever tell you how much I love you Study.com? Smile
Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
(Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
(DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
(CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
(UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
(COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
(Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics
You'd really make things easy for me if those two COM courses were pushed back up to 3 credits... then I could avoid Straighterline altogether.
What's the difference between Basic Genetics and Intro to Genetics? They both have the same ACE recommendation.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:More upper level natural science and computer science courses, please. We have umpteen million options for business. Thank you.

Agreed sanantone!!

Study.com, there is also very very much a need for a good selection of ACE-approved upper level Social Science courses as well.

Examples of possible topics/course options I just found on TESU's website: HIS-356 War and American Society, POS-309 Dilemmas of War and Peace, POS-310 Constitutional Issues, PSY-300 Thanatology: An Understanding of Death and Dying, PSY-317 Worlds of Childhood, PSY-331 Introduction to Counseling, SOC-315 Social Gerontology, SOC-322 Dealing with Diversity, SOC-376 Women and Social Action, SOS-304 Drugs and Society.

Or UL topics which fall under these categories: anthropology, archaeology, economics, geography, history, labor studies, political science, psychology, sociology, and African-American studies; American studies; Asian studies; environmental studies; urban studies; women's studies.

ndelcollo Wrote:You'd really make things easy for me if those two COM courses were pushed back up to 3 credits... then I could avoid Straighterline altogether.

ndelcollo, Me too!!!

Not sure how helpful 1-credit college courses are anyway, unless there is an extra spot in free electives, in which case I would tend to vote for one of the, er, actual free courses available, instead of paying for it when possible.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Study.com Wrote:We’re constantly getting new courses recommended for college credit, so keep an eye out for more courses in the coming months.

Thank you!

Awesome! Keep them coming! Of course, the REAL hook is if you can get your upper level courses evaluated for credit. I know that's challenging, but that allows your customers to stay with you for 4 years instead of 2!
cookderosa Wrote:Of course, the REAL hook is if you can get your upper level courses evaluated for credit. I know that's challenging, but that allows your customers to stay with you for 4 years instead of 2!

Very valid point, and extremely wise from a longer-term business viewpoint, cookderosa!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I'm glad to see some additional courses, and hope that they can get UL recommendation from TESU, that would certainly be helpful. It's nice to have new ways to get Principles of Finance, Managerial Accounting, Advanced Accounting & Project Management. And nice to see a new Marketing course.

My only concern is, why bother with adding Strategic Human Resources that's only getting LL ACE-recommendation when you already have a Human Resources that's LL? A little bit of a waste of time in my opinion. It would be nice to get the UL ACE-recommendation.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,279 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,471 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,609 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 545 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat