Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Harvard Online MS Healthcare degrees $56k tuition
Very interesting.  These Harvard Medical School online degrees are as elite as you can get for roughly 56k tuition + 2k fees.  

M.S. in Healthcare Quality and Safety
https://postgraduateeducation.hms.harvar...ity-safety

M.S. in Clinical Service Operations
https://postgraduateeducation.hms.harvar...operations

One caveat though is the tough entry requirement. It says:
"Applicants must hold an MD, MBBS or an equivalent doctoral degree. We will consider candidates with a PhD degree for admission on a case-by-case basis."
[-] The following 1 user Likes smartdegree's post:
  • Pikachu
I think that these are degrees for people who intend to be senior executives in hospital or healthcare systems
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • smartdegree
There are similar options for those in other allied health fields, it's not "Harvard" but still from a pretty good and recognized university. For Nurses and other professionals who want to get into "executive" roles, I had a thread created a few days ago... link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...rofessions
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu, smartdegree
Smart decision on Harvard's part. Odds of an MD, MBBS, etc. wanting to leave their $500,000+ per year job to pursue a degree is likely pretty small. Offering it online is absolutely the best method for something like this aimed at that specific of an audience.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
[-] The following 3 users Like ThatBankDude's post:
  • Life_One, smartdegree, ss20ts
It is a nice program with a nice name Harvard Medical is recognized everywhere but if you are in the field most of the time experience outweighs the degree. I got friends with just high school diplomas that have risen to the top of hospitals because they have the experience and knowledge learned while on the job.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(09-21-2022, 10:44 AM)newdegree Wrote: It is a nice program with a nice name Harvard Medical is recognized everywhere but if you are in the field most of the time experience outweighs the degree. I got friends with just high school diplomas that have risen to the top of hospitals because they have the experience and knowledge learned while on the job.

I would very much like to see an example of a person with just a high school diploma who has become the CEO of a hospital.
(09-21-2022, 11:20 AM)Alpha Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 10:44 AM)newdegree Wrote: It is a nice program with a nice name Harvard Medical is recognized everywhere but if you are in the field most of the time experience outweighs the degree. I got friends with just high school diplomas that have risen to the top of hospitals because they have the experience and knowledge learned while on the job.

I would very much like to see an example of a person with just a high school diploma who has become the CEO of a hospital.

I could definitely see a generic Master's (I.E., cheap MBA or something), maybe even a Bachelor's degree. But just a HS diploma? I'm dubious.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
newdegree Wrote:It is a nice program with a nice name Harvard Medical is recognized everywhere but if you are in the field most of the time experience outweighs the degree. I got friends with just high school diplomas that have risen to the top of hospitals because they have the experience and knowledge learned while on the job.

This can happen to a certain degree or point in the executive chain, but not to that level of leadership.  I know a few who hold director level and they only have a bit more than high school grad, roughly 135+ credits, but not yet a Bachelors as they don't have the Upper Level requirements.  That's because they've been in many roles, increasing in leadership ladder each role they ascend to...  I know another who finished their BSBA and then recently took the Cornell/Queen's Executive MBA of the America's for about $125K and now work as a VP of a large health organization.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Graduate Statistics course Stonybeach 13 308 04-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 32 18,897 04-25-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 1,126 04-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 297 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 8 318 04-20-2024, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 336 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  New Zealand Online Degrees doyouhowdo1 1 370 03-31-2024, 10:46 AM
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 652 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Czech 100% online MBA and DBA for 3k/5k David1477 7 559 03-25-2024, 08:34 PM
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 742 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM