Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Spanish CLEP Exam with Writing
Hello all, 
I am about to register for my first CLEP exam. It is the Spanish CLEP exam and there is now the option to register with the writing portion. This is kind of left field for me. I prepared for only listening and multiple choice and not writing. I am not great with accent marks. Has anyone taken it? How did you do? What should I expect? Thanks.
It is BRAND new, I think it's only been out a week or two, so you're the first.

If you're not prepared, you should probably do the one without writing. There will literally be NO feedback from anyone. And Modern States doesn't have a course for it (yet) so I'm not sure there's a way to practice for it, or get it for free.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-24-2019, 01:40 AM)dfrecore Wrote: It is BRAND new, I think it's only been out a week or two, so you're the first.

If you're not prepared, you should probably do the one without writing.  There will literally be NO feedback from anyone.  And Modern States doesn't have a course for it (yet) so I'm not sure there's a way to practice for it, or get it for free.

Hmmm...I didn't think of this. Recently messaged TESU asking them what kind of credit they will be giving for it no response yet. I took the Modern States course in Spanish and got a voucher but didn't know that it could only be applied to the specific course...I was going to try and apply it to the one with the writing portion. We'll see. If passed with more than 65 and above you will get 12 credits! That's a lot of credits! and I am a native Spanish speaker so I thought hey why not try it.    Smile
(10-24-2019, 07:58 PM)JWells247 Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 01:40 AM)dfrecore Wrote: It is BRAND new, I think it's only been out a week or two, so you're the first.

If you're not prepared, you should probably do the one without writing.  There will literally be NO feedback from anyone.  And Modern States doesn't have a course for it (yet) so I'm not sure there's a way to practice for it, or get it for free.

Hmmm...I didn't think of this. Recently messaged TESU asking them what kind of credit they will be giving for it no response yet. I took the Modern States course in Spanish and got a voucher but didn't know that it could only be applied to the specific course...I was going to try and apply it to the one with the writing portion. We'll see. If passed with more than 65 and above you will get 12 credits! That's a lot of credits! and I am a native Spanish speaker so I thought hey why not try it.    Smile

Well, you left out that minor detail.  I would try it, it's certainly worth doing for 12cr!  And, I'm going to guess TESU will give it a separate course number than the other exam (which got SPA-101/102/201).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 609 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 142 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 460 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 758 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 486 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 633 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 405 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 445 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,973 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 934 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch