Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Student: Business Degree Course Map
(05-11-2023, 07:59 PM)jch Wrote: In my experience TESU lists the restriction on my academic evals specifically as an ACE/NCCRS limit, and the counter next to it only counts credits that are ACE/NCCRS. Credits from PLR have never counted against the restriction for me.  
Here's the exact language:
Quote:NCCRS and ACE Semester Hours (SH)
Thomas Edison State University limits the number of semester hours (SH) that are accepted in transfer based on courses and examinations approved through the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) or the American Council on Education's (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service.
Specifically, a maximum of 90 semester hours (SH) in total, from both ACE and NCCRS reviewed organizations, like corporate training, CLEP, DSST, AP exams, Study.com, Sophia, Ma'alot Educational Network, Military Joint Services Transcript (JST), can be used toward a bachelor's degree and 45 SH toward an associate degree. This is a policy revision made in December 2020.
The total amount of ACE/NCCRS semester hours (SH) applying to your degree program is currently: 63.00
That makes it very clear that the restriction is implemented as just an ACE/NCCRS limit.
Edit: also verified this with a quick tally: the PLR credits I have are NOT counted against the ACE/NCCRS limit on my evals.

Not trying to argue this with you - but it still does not count towards the 30cr of RA that are required.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@Nate121693, Better Nate Than Never... oh hey, that's a recent movie I haven't watched yet, I may watch it with my kids sometime later... and OP hasn't logged in/responded either for a few days. I think it's best for OP to take their time to read/review the posts again and provide as much details as possible, again this is to help us help you in the long run...

For me, the PLA option wasn't recommended as often as TECEPs due to their cost/credit, TECEPs are just $52/credit for lower level, and for PLA, you have to pay for the PLA-200 course and then do a portfolio for up to 12 credits, at a few bucks over $1400, taking more TECEPs for RA credit would have been recommended vs the PLA option.

Having said that, PLA and TECEPs both count for residency credits for military, it'll be a good mix/match approach to getting your credits, PLA would be worthwhile only for upper level hard to find courses and that is if you have the experience/knowledge to complete the portfolio in your favor. It really depends on the student...

It's best for the student to verify with TESU if the PLA will work if they are transferring in 90 ACE/NCCRS credits into the degree or if you prefer, transfer in foreign credits such as the ones from ENEB after you get a favorable evaluation. Again, it depends on the student and if they take that in lieu of RA credits, if TECEPs/PLA works for military, I don't see why it won't work for civilians.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 284 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 240 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 238 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,757 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 498 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,264 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,533 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM