Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Study.com courses (5/16/19)
(06-21-2019, 03:22 PM)kphung29 Wrote: One of the advisors placed in my evaluation Network Technology CMP354 into the UL CS electives for BACS.  How's the TECEP compared to SDU or SL?  What's the ballpark estimate to prepare for this exam?  I know my way around computers but haven't taken any classes or have any experience with networks aside from basic wifi/router home setup. LOL.  Thanks again!

This thread has good information, especially at the end. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...logy-TECEP

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • akr680
Update to the update:

Chem 112L: Chem II w/Lab - has been updated, it's now ONLY available as a lab course (lab costs extra, approx $200)
CompSci 307: Software Engineering - has been updated, it's now UL

Both have been updated in ACE:
Chem 112L has both options (4cr or 3cr) but the default is 4cr even thought the dates overlap
CompSci 307: SW Engineering - the date ranges have been fixed, the default is 3/1/19 for 3cr UL, although you can choose 2/1/19-2/28/19 for 3cr LL
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • alab21, studiousimp
(07-17-2019, 05:05 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Update to the update:

Chem 112L: Chem II w/Lab - has been updated, it's now ONLY available as a lab course (lab costs extra, approx $200)
CompSci 307: Software Engineering - has been updated, it's now UL

Both have been updated in ACE:
Chem 112L has both options (4cr or 3cr) but the default is 4cr even thought the dates overlap
CompSci 307: SW Engineering - the date ranges have been fixed, the default is 3/1/19 for 3cr UL, although you can choose 2/1/19-2/28/19 for 3cr LL
Interesting, so if I'm not mistaken, this is the first alternative credit source for a chem 2 lab?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
MNomadic Wrote:Interesting, so if I'm not mistaken, this is the first alternative credit source for a chem 2 lab?

Yeah, I noticed this right before dfrecore posted the update. I was eye-ing this course for so long! Their Chem 2 lab hasn't been posted yet, I really wonder if the materials are going to be the "second" part of the same kit as Chem 1 Lab, I am hoping it is...

Actually, they updated it. It's a different KIT4516... dang...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-18-2019, 03:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
MNomadic Wrote:Interesting, so if I'm not mistaken, this is the first alternative credit source for a chem 2 lab?

Yeah, I noticed this right before dfrecore posted the update.  I was eye-ing this course for so long!  Their Chem 2 lab hasn't been posted yet, I really wonder if the materials are going to be the "second" part of the same kit as Chem 1 Lab, I am hoping it is...

Actually, they updated it.  It's a different KIT4516... dang...

I heard #2 is in the $200 range (maybe $198?).

(07-18-2019, 12:24 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Interesting, so if I'm not mistaken, this is the first alternative credit source for a chem 2 lab?

Not technically - SL used to have a Chem 2 w/lab, and a Physics 2 w/lab - they expired in 2015.  So this is the 2nd Chem 2 w/lab, but the only CURRENT one out there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21
Comp sci 201 from SDC ( data structures and algorithms).  I just got my grade back for this course assignment. I spent about 5 hours on it and got an 87.  I had taken a year of java before starting this course. It was a good refresher and honestly wouldn’t be too bad if you had never used java before.  Best of luck to anyone trying to take it. 

Just
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

[-] The following 1 user Likes Zachcleigh's post:
  • Ideas
Has Study.com ever said anything about Non-Western Lit? Whether they plan to offer one anytime soon? (If not, Davar, Coopersmith, Sophia, or others should.)

I haven't heard but really with Shmoop gone you can't get enough UL credits to do a degree at TESU now anyway so they'll need to add more UL lit courses for it to be helpful
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(08-04-2019, 08:26 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: I haven't heard but really with Shmoop gone you can't get enough UL credits to do a degree at TESU now anyway so they'll need to add more UL lit courses for it to be helpful

You can if you got in on HES Poetry courses earlier.

(06-21-2019, 12:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: In regards to the course Current Trends & Applications coming in as a lower level CMP-299 course is that, the Big 3 doesn't have to follow ACE/NCCRS recommendations (it's updated regularly in their transfer agreement/PLA databases) and TESU has a reason to believe it's lower level until some students appeal that decision successfully.

APS-401 Current Trends & Applications is the Capstone for the BSIT and BS degree programs (formerly BSAST), the course has to be taken at TESU.  Here is the course link:  https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=APS-401&sem=  

For Network Technology CMP354 (UL) - I highly recommend doing the TECEP instead of the online course, you save so much $ from it.  There are recommended resources in the PDF.  Here are the links: https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseC...de=CMP-354 and https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=CMP-354

Final Note The Network Technology course is also available at Study.com, but it will come in as Lower Level.  The course transfer agreement lists it, but accidentally placed the course in the Business section instead of the Computer Science section.  It comes in as CMP-254 (LL) - Computer Science 304: Network System Design >> CMP-254 : Network Technology

If that is acceptable in the degree plan, you're better off paying $70 at Study.com vs $225 at TESU.  For your degree, be it BSIT or BS (BSAST), they require certain UL courses that add up to 18 credits at the Upper Level (including the capstone).   I would suggest LL for $70 at Study.com unless you need it for UL, then do the TECEP.
If I were to take both the tecep and the SDC course would I get credit for both even though it’s essentially the same class? I’ve spent so much time studying for the tecep that I figured taking the class too would be an easy credit if one comes in as UL networking and the other as LL networking
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ringo457's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 462,707 3 hours ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,629 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 521 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,252 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 519 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 306 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 940 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,714 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 529 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,765 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly