Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the game
Hello everyone,

I am so excited to be a new member and to be able to get the support I would need to successfully do well on the test. I am thrill to past my first test and be able to share some advice as well. Can anybody tell me the success rate for IC. I heard that this site is the bomb!!!!
twonliz Wrote:Hello everyone,

I am so excited to be a new member and to be able to get the support I would need to successfully do well on the test. I am thrill to past my first test and be able to share some advice as well. Can anybody tell me the success rate for IC. I heard that this site is the bomb!!!!

Welcome. I can't speak to the exact pass rate but my personal experience is that when we use the forum feedback to guide our study and utilize the IC cards we almost always pass. One missed test out of about 20 since we signed up for IC. Pretty good.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
The only people I see reporting failure after using IC are the ones who try to pass the tests by memorizing the exact questions on the flashcards, expecting the same questions to be on the tests. The rest of us do just fine using IC to guide our study supplemented with other sources, and some of us don't need anything else for the easier tests.

Welcome!
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
I used IC for 90% of my study...that and practice tests I was able to research on the internet. Be sure to use the search function and the Specific Exam Feedback section...they will save you a ton of time and give you all the feedback/prep you could ever ask for. This site is a Godsend...Welcome!
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Welcome to the forum!

Here are 2 threads that show the successes of the forum members:

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...mbers.html

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...-list.html
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
IC works best when you use it like it was made to be used - a vert convienent learning tool. It is like having a condensed storehouse with 90% of the information you need right on your screen. READ THE ANSWERS to the questions asked. I've used it for about 15 tests so far, and passed every one. I supplement it with a book on the topic of choice every test, but the IC ready made flashcards are the best way to go.
Jack
[SIZE="2"]graduated
[/SIZE]
[size="7"]100% Baby!!![/size]
[size="5"]

||
||
||
\ /

[/size]
DEGREES EARNED: [SIZE="1"]
BA, History, TESC '10
AAS, Mechanics and Maintenance, TESC '10
[/size]
TESTS PASSED:[SIZE="1"]
CLEP Social Sciences & History - 70/50
CLEP American Government - 65/50
CLEP English Composition General - 68/50
CLEP A & I Literature 70/50
CLEP Sociology 73/50
CLEP College Math 74/50
CLEP Intro Psychology 72/50
CLEP College Algebra 65/50
CLEP Macroeconomics 73/50
CLEP Microeconomics 70/50
CLEP Western Civ. I 79/50
CLEP Western Civ. II 70/50
CLEP US History I 79/50
CLEP US History II 78/50
DSST Technical Writing 63/46
DSST Intro to Computing 463/400
DSST Substance Abuse 463/400
DSST Fundamentals of Algebra 433/400
DSST World Religions 467/400
DSST The Civil War and Reconstruction 68/47
DSST A History of the Vietnam War 78/44
DSST An Introduction to the Modern Middle East 80/47
DSST Western Europe since 1945 71/47
DSST Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 70/45

[SIZE="2"]ON DECK:[/SIZE]

A B.E. or an MBA
[/SIZE]
Thanks, I believe that I am pleased. So far I have been able to retain to flashcard method. Does anyone have in good techniques for taking the money and banking dsst?
Personally IC is one of the main reasons I have my degree right now. I never failed a test. But I also didn't use IC as my one and only source. I also supplemented with a book or two. The university podcasts and videos on itunes turned out to be very helpful as well. Use IC but also seek out some additional study materials. When I attended a few brick and mortars I didn't just use my textbook, I'd also look for more info from different sources if I still had questions. Same with IC. Use it...but adding more study materials won't hurt either.
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)
twonliz Wrote:Thanks, I believe that I am pleased. So far I have been able to retain to flashcard method. Does anyone have in good techniques for taking the money and banking dsst?

As a new member, you need to learn how to navigate and search the site well. The information that has been shared by forum members is what puts this site over the top. The first thing you need to take a look around is the Exam Specific Forum that only members have access to.

To get there, you have to sign in a second time to the discussion forums. This is in the upper right hand area of the forums. Once you have done that, the list of 3 discussion forums expands to 4 -- the last being the Exam Specific Forum. Click on that. Then in the right hand area of that forum you can search this forum specifically for the test(s) you want to prepare for.

Welcome to our family and enjoy your experience!

Judy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game On, Again, for Gainful Employment bjcheung77 2 332 10-02-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  XAMK- video game creation help Personherebb9 2 656 08-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: flosfillin
  Certificate: Basic Game Design: Athens State University: $395 eriehiker 1 1,205 09-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Trying to figure out a game plan cesmith78 9 1,884 09-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  New To The Game moguling 3 673 09-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Last Post: KayV
  Trust Me I'm A Game Show Host ... JBtesc 2 1,072 11-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Last Post: JBtesc
  Game Math, ICCP Tests, TESC Operating Systems Test AVG 3 1,224 09-20-2008, 02:18 AM
Last Post: gus
  Tired of Waiting - CLEP Game Plan BMWGuinness 20 3,198 01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Last Post: BMWGuinness
  Help me set a game plan... wantajd 12 2,421 12-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Last Post: barcotta