Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newer courses from Coopersmith
Looks like Coopersmith got a new batch of exams reviewed by NCCRS back in August 2018. Sorry if someone has already posted this info, I couldn't find it in a search and it is news to me...

Looks like Coopersmith is also doing some "affiliate" thing to get us to refer other folks, so if you want to give my referral code (which i guess is just the number 38) then I'll let you know how that goes if anyone uses it.

Looks like a few new interesting options (and UL!) for Psych majors, some unique culinary/hospitality and education offerings, and what you would expect from most providers for business.

When I get some free time I'll update my Pysch plan on the wiki.

(note that I also found some old exams that have been renewed as of Aug 2018, and some of them switched from LL to UL! I have not noted those here however).

New (as of August 2018) exams:

Business
  • Human Resources Management (BUS-202) 
  • Principles of Finance (FIN-101) 
  • Principles of Financial Accounting I (ACC-101)
  • Principles of Financial Accounting II (ACC-102)
  • Small Business Management (BUS-401) 
  • Training and Development (BUS-304)
Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, Social Work
  • Career Counseling (PSY-325)
  • Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior (PSY-305)**
  • Family Therapy (PSY-306)
  • Group Counseling (PSY-307)
  • Substance Abuse Counseling (PSY-320)
  • Therapeutic Interviewing (PSY-310)
  • Child Development (PSY-230)
  • Educational Psychology (PSY-204)
  • Jewish Rabbinical Counseling (PSY-308)
  • Social Ethics (SOC-104)
  • Social Psychology (PSY-315) (says LL even though "300")
**PSY-305 is oddly recommended as BOTH "In the lower division/associate degree category OR in the upper division baccalaureate degree category." I have not idea how (or why) it can be both upper and lower level?

Culinary
  • Bar and Beverage Management (HOS-203)
  • Buffet Catering and Garde Manger (HOS-201)
  • Culinary Math (CUL-203)
  • Food Styling (CUL-301)
  • International Foods (HOS-202)
  • Nutritional Cooking (CUL-202)
Education
  • Analyzing Children’s Literature (ECE-304) (says LL even though "300")
  • Health and Safety in Early Childhood Education (ECE-303)
  • Inclusion: Effective Practices for all Students (ECE-355)
  • Music Education (ECE-302)
Exercise Science
  • Sports Nutrition (NUT-103)
(not sure why this one didn't end up in the below category, but not very important)

Nutrition 
  • Coaching: The Future of Wellness (NUT-320) (says LL even though "300")
  • Nutrition Life Cycle (NUT-210)
  • Nutritional Counseling (NUT-102)

Looks like the LL/UL mostly matches the course numbers, but I started to see a few that were were mismatched. I noted a handful of them when I noticed, but double check because I wasn't looking too closely while compiling.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 10 users Like jsd's post:
  • !=scholar, Clepper43, cookderosa, Llgdavis, MNomadic, sanantone, scout2family, SDO, sofinel, suzycupcake
Does the referral code give me a discount?
Coopersmith Career Consulting is located @ https://www.coopersmithcc.net (for those who are about to ask Smile ) - they are a NCCRS course provider (http://www.nationalccrs.org)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(02-07-2019, 02:40 PM)natshar Wrote: Does the referral code give me a discount?

It doesn't seem like there's any benefit to you, so there's no real incentive to use it on your end. Feel free to ignore it, I just saw they're doing it and got a referral code. It says *I* can get $30, but I'm assuming that it's probably a $30 credit towards one of their exams, which I have no use for.

If anyone ends up using it and it's just a credit, I'll see if it's transferable. I'm guessing not.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

I do NOT have those on my spreadsheet! Woot woot! Love adding new courses, especially ones that aren't the norm. I'm going to see if my kid is interested in some of those culinary ones.

I checked a bunch of providers in August, mid-month, but did not check Coopersmith for some reason. And now, I find that I could have had all these exciting courses on here for like 6 months! I am SO disappointed in myself! LOL
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Clepper43, cookderosa
I'll use your code! My son will start taking the hospitality courses soon (within the next few months).

Let me know what the code does for you on your end- if it results in any kind of discount, I'd love to know. That's the kind of thing I like to share with my homeschool group because it will get passed around and used. You scratch my back.... kinda thing. Wink

Also, for the curious, Coopersmith charges $50/credit
I'll post a detailed review once my son does a few.
I saw this from Coopersmith concerning referral codes: " In addition, you will be provided with a Referral Code. Save that code and give it to any of your peers or friends that are interested in taking Coopersmith Courses. You will receive cash back for every student you refer..."  It sounds like the code can be given to others which is nice to know.   Big Grin
Goal: BA in English (TESU)
91/120

In progress-Coopersmith: Medieval Hispano- Jewish Poetry
(02-11-2019, 11:59 AM)Oulton1 Wrote: I saw this from Coopersmith concerning referral codes: " In addition, you will be provided with a Referral Code. Save that code and give it to any of your peers or friends that are interested in taking Coopersmith Courses. You will receive cash back for every student you refer..."  It sounds like the code can be given to others which is nice to know.   Big Grin

I love sharing coupon codes, I have a page on my blog dedicated to that very thing, but I never could figure out why companies do it that way. If I just bought a class, and I tell someone else, I have to do the selling- there is no incentive for them to use my code! If it's a legit coupon- like "hey, here's $5 off the class" then they might actually check it out.
Given the opportunity to make $10 for referring someone and them not getting a coupon vs referring someone and us EACH getting $5, I'd take the $5 all day long.
I think they overestimate how many people actually use the codes.

A few years back SL gave me a code to share with my homeschoolers- no money to me, just a coupon code to share. They tracked it and it only got like 100 clicks. I had over 10,000 followers at that time- so not even buying, just clicking, the percentage taking action was very low- and that was WITH a coupon incentive. I even posted it here- where people do use SL. (in my homeschool group, only a small number use ACE credits)
did some minor updates on my Pysch and Soc wiki plans based on these new courses.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Something I just came across for cheap credits - Sterling College Online (sterling.edu) is RA and only $135/credit hour. They have a good number of majors. Maybe it should help anyone who might need those few extra credits from somewhere.
[-] The following 2 users Like !=scholar's post:
  • sanantone, suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,591 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Linear Algebra Experience Live Zachcleigh 11 3,241 03-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 545 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,803 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 307 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77