Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly admitted, 24 credits remain for a BA Comp Sci!
Someone who has a prior Bachelor's degree would have no cornerstone requirement for an Associate degree either, the same as there is no cornerstone requirement for the BACS under the same circumstances.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-27-2023, 10:22 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Someone who has a prior Bachelor's degree would have no cornerstone requirement for an Associate degree either, the same as there is no cornerstone requirement for the BACS under the same circumstances.

TESU Advising was specific about second bachelor's requirements being separate from second associate's requirements. I realize that they misinterpret rules and get things wrong, but they're responsible for setting up your degree plan. If they set it up wrong, then I don't think you can actually apply for graduation due to "missing" courses that shouldn't be required in the first place. So effectively they will prevent you from getting the degree, even if you meet the requirements.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
Another option is to skip the Bachelors and get the Masters in Applied Computer Science, you get a Masters degree instead of the Bachelors and it would teach you the same thing practically.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(06-25-2023, 01:05 PM)vividpixel Wrote: I would feel much more confident if I could work through something like Calculus at my own pace, though, because if there's anything I fear will be a degree-stopper, it's that one. I am currently in the early stages of Intermediate Algebra & Pre Calculus via ALEKS. I have a long way to go.

You are right calculus is a gate-keeper course for many engineering and technology students.

You don't have to learn Algebra or PreCalculus before starting Sophia's calculus course.

(06-25-2023, 01:05 PM)vividpixel Wrote: I have now noticed some other replies suggesting I skip a Bachelor's and go for Master's. Would that not be incredibly difficult for someone who lacks CS fundamentals? Never having taken an Algorithms course, for example? And could I do a Master's without a ton of math? I do potentially have a math disability (dyscalculia) so Calculus would be enough of a stretch for someone who never made it past Algebra 1 in high school.

The OMSCS program has as high as a 40% dropout rate, and about 30% fail the Graduate Algorithms course every term!

You do need quite a bit of experience before entering this program. This isn't for beginners.

(06-25-2023, 01:05 PM)vividpixel Wrote: I have also never seen a Master's required on the job postings I've looked at for software engineering. And honestly, a position like that requiring a more advanced degree, could be beyond my abilities.

A lot of entry-level job postings will say computer science/equivalent or have 4 years of experience. Equilvent usually means some technical degree such as math, IT, engineering, etc.

The main thing is can you do the job?

If you don't have job experience, then you will need to build a portfolio of projects showing you know how to use various technologies.

There's a lot of hustling involved to break into the field.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • fmsoa, origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 789 04-26-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 230 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 360 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 459 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 518 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 536 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 650 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 842 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 463 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
  Competency based certifications for Electronics and Nuclear credits? sciencemathematics1 5 526 09-23-2023, 12:31 PM