Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly approved edX/MicroBachelor program (upper-level chemistry)
Harvard's "University Chemistry" program will have a total equivalency of 8 upper-level chemistry credits.

No link yet from TESU and there's not an active chemistry course/program from HarvardX, but it's interesting to see new programs are being approved. The effective date was December 15, 2021.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • MNomadic
Interesting. I don't think it'll really help any degrees, though? BALS NSM is the only degree I think it applies to directly.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It'd probably also count toward the additional AOS electives (12 required for the BA in Mathematics, 6 required for the BA in Computer Science). For someone interested in chemistry, that could end up being cheaper/easier than getting other upper-level electives.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
True! I forgot that AOS electives can now be in other topics, depending on the degree.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
How much are these? I can't find the cost or the links to their courses at all... I think they just came out and are still in progress or still working towards releasing it...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-08-2022, 01:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Interesting. I don't think it'll really help any degrees, though? BALS NSM is the only degree I think it applies to directly.

The page linked says: 

"Note: Students wishing to enroll at TESU may only use these credits toward the Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science program"

So seems to only apply to that one, unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible 
(01-09-2022, 04:13 PM)Sparklette Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 01:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Interesting. I don't think it'll really help any degrees, though? BALS NSM is the only degree I think it applies to directly.

The page linked says: 

"Note: Students wishing to enroll at TESU may only use these credits toward the Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science program"

So seems to only apply to that one, unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible 

I think they need to update the wording on that page and not just keep adding courses to the DB. Most of the courses on that page are pretty useless for a CS degree, except as random electives. A CS student doesn't need MAR-201, for instance. Nor ACC-210. The cybersecurity ones may or may not apply to a CS AOS; they usually don't. So, I would guess that the policy is actually that it needs to apply to the appropriate degree and not just, say, a certificate.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
here's a "university chemistry" course from harvard at edx
but it is not part of a micro bachelors program -- and its an archived course -- and it certainly doesn't sound like an upper level course
so I don't know what they're going to do

https://www.edx.org/course/introductory-...ers-and-fo
(01-09-2022, 04:17 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 04:13 PM)Sparklette Wrote:

The page linked says: 

I think they need to update the wording on that page and not just keep adding courses to the DB. Most of the courses on that page are pretty useless for a CS degree, except as random electives. A CS student doesn't need MAR-201, for instance. Nor ACC-210. The cybersecurity ones may or may not apply to a CS AOS; they usually don't. So, I would guess that the policy is actually that it needs to apply to the appropriate degree and not just, say, a certificate.

If it works like with the edX Microbachelor in Computer Science Fundamentals (COS 104), what happens is that they move it according to the degree:

COS 104:

In the BACS, it goes to: G: AOS Electives 18SH - Group 2

In the BSBA in CIS, it goes: 1: BSBA General Education (45SH) - D: SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE - Natural Sciences and Computer Science 6SH

In the BA in Math, it goes to: G: Add'l AOS Elect 12SH
For TESU, it all depends on which course you're taking and which degree. Essentially for the courses, they go into the degree plan in the following order: AOS > General Ed > Free Electives. If the course fits into the AOS, that's where it will end up first...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOS 110 Information Literacy discounted through edx Microbachelor MNomadic 45 6,100 01-24-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS CIS Upper Level AOS jg_nuy 21 1,558 01-19-2024, 01:09 PM
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,027 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver jch 23 1,620 11-29-2023, 10:30 PM
  TESU ABSN Program anikol0927 7 1,482 11-04-2023, 11:35 AM
  TESU Bachelor to Masters Program Plan Cheap and Fast? Sargoththemino 9 908 09-13-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jch
  Newly admitted, 24 credits remain for a BA Comp Sci! vividpixel 23 1,611 06-27-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Two questions regarding to 1. TESU second degree and 2. bachelor to master program lylx1981 5 1,602 05-17-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Henry_Patterson
  Coopersmith Chemistry ROYISAGIRL 15 1,743 10-19-2022, 02:45 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Dual Major - Upper Level Credit Requirements for 2nd Degree StudiousTraveller 9 998 10-13-2022, 08:38 PM
Last Post: StudiousTraveller