Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated Approved Provider Directory
Interesting, they've updated the provider directory and it's got CIS Testing on the list and LawShelf...
LawShelf actually has 6 partner colleges/universities currently and I think they're expanding that...

The following entities have been Approved as educational providers by Thomas Edison State University:

CIS Testing
Faith Builders Educational Programs
InstantCert
LawShelf Educational Media
OnlineDegree.com
SeeMore Impact Labs
Study.com

In regards to CIS Testing, this is an email I received when asking about their exams last week.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the CIS courses.

You can purchase study material on our website for $10 http://www.cistesting.org – these purchases are non – refundable.
Our course price is $50 per credit.

If you would like to purchase a course, please pay using the link below.
https://www.talprograms.org/new/CISExamPayment.html

When we see the payment, we will send you the study material free of charge, and an email with access information to the course. (This can take up to 24 hrs. from your purchase)

Exams are taken online through the PSI browser, that is the proctor company. PSI will video you throughout the exam to make sure that you follow all exam rules.

PSI will charge you $15 for the proctoring before you start your exam.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions.

Thank you for contacting CIS,

Student Services 
Tel: 940-625-4147 7:30 AM to 3:30PM
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Dorothy44, Pikachu, rachel83az
CIS testing looks like a good source for some credits. Especially if they use the PSI browser (RPNow) and not ProctorU!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Who are the six partner colleges/universities for LawShelf?
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Lawshelf Partner Colleges [Guaranteed Credit Transfer] The link's here: https://www.lawshelf.com/partnersview

The best of the bunch might actually be Purdue Global, they grant Grad credit for 6 of these Lawshelf courses... I mean, if you complete these, you can have a Purdue Global transcript showing these grad credits and maybe transfer them into their Masters Exceltrack programs. The other schools will take these as free electives, it's cool that most will allow at least 30 free electives and for those into pre-law or legal studies, this may be a very good avenue to "get" some knowledge in that field.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
Too bad CIS Testing is NCCRS. If it were ACE approved, I could see many schools accepting their credits.
Is there a transfer list for the law shelf courses yet?
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

"Approved as educational providers" means nothing.  

Either they will take the alternative credit or they won't.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-17-2022, 12:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Lawshelf Partner Colleges [Guaranteed Credit Transfer] The link's here: https://www.lawshelf.com/partnersview

The best of the bunch might actually be Purdue Global, they grant Grad credit for 6 of these Lawshelf courses...  I mean, if you complete these, you can have a Purdue Global transcript showing these grad credits and maybe transfer them into their Masters Exceltrack programs.  The other schools will take these as free electives, it's cool that most will allow at least 30 free electives and for those into pre-law or legal studies, this may be a very good avenue to "get" some knowledge in that field.

Thanks! I know we have someone here that is tied into them, but I cannot recall if it was you. I really like the idea of LawShelf. I reached out to someone on their staff to see if any law schools have agreed to accept the credits. It does not sound like that has happened yet, although I did cross reference the NCCRS list with the ABA list to see which schools might consider it. I am planning to go for the JD after the MBA, and would love to utilize LawShelf.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
SweetSecret Wrote:Thanks! I know we have someone here that is tied into them, but I cannot recall if it was you. I really like the idea of LawShelf. I reached out to someone on their staff to see if any law schools have agreed to accept the credits. It does not sound like that has happened yet, although I did cross reference the NCCRS list with the ABA list to see which schools might consider it. I am planning to go for the JD after the MBA, and would love to utilize LawShelf.

Here's the person who is part of Coopersmith and LawShelf, https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid360529  I also noticed your message a couple of posts down in regards to a JD as well.  It's great you're in the planning stage and getting all your dots in line.  Hopefully they have something, you might want to PM the member shaas and see if anything is in the works...

(05-17-2022, 04:14 PM)BSLIONS Wrote: Is there a transfer list for the law shelf courses yet?

There are a few schools that have transfers created already, view this link and click about school: Video-Courses - Lawshelf Educational Media

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • BSLIONS
It took TESU 2 years to get to a list of 7.

Any bets how long it will take them to get to 20?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updated CIS Degree - Thoughts? joshypauly 7 1,413 07-27-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Any updated places for Math UL in TESU? StudentOLife 22 2,522 07-23-2022, 04:47 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Newly approved edX/MicroBachelor program (upper-level chemistry) carrythenothing 14 1,981 01-20-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  I did it - Graduation Approved! Thanks to all! AZDan 11 1,694 05-12-2021, 02:27 AM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Psychology or Sociology updated plan? sony732 3 1,054 01-22-2020, 12:50 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Tesu's Provisionally Approved Providers mgmar22 3 830 11-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Updated TESU Evaluation jamshid666 11 2,149 10-18-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  TESU Credit Banking Fees approved July 2019? warriortaupou 3 2,141 09-13-2019, 02:28 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU added saylor courses as LL, even though i had them pre-approved UL camjenks 7 1,650 01-23-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: camjenks