Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Credit Banking Fees approved July 2019?
Can anyone break this down for me? I got to this page after viewing the TESU page on Study.com: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition then https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees. Does this mean there is a $300 fee to assess alternative credits from credit banking? 

Fees
2019-2020 Fees
Application
$50 (non-refundable)
Payment Plan
$35
Late Registration
$155
Course Extension*
$231
NJ Plan Credit Banking
$100
NSF Returned Check
$35
Graduation
$298 (paid the year of graduation)
Transcript
$15
Duplicate Diploma
$35

Credit Hour Residency Waiver Fee
In-state
$2,800
Out-of-state
$2,800

NOTE: The Credit Hour Residency Waiver fee is a one-time fee that only applies to students who do not earn at least 16 credits via the University’s Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses before they complete their degree or undergraduate certificate. If a student pays the fee, and does not apply for graduation within 12 months, they will be required to pay additional credit hour residency waiver fees.

Special Assessment Fees
Individual Learning Account (formerly known as Credit Banking)

Up to 60 credits
$300
61 credits or more
$400

Military Credit Bank
$290
Portfolio Assessment Review

Up to 12 credits
$389
Each additional 6 credits
$221

Regardless of residence, military personnel have the option to pay New Jersey residency tuition, as long as they have selected and paid the Per Credit Tuition. Military Programs and related tuition and fees can be viewed here.
Note: All tuition and fees listed here were approved on June 7, 2019 by the Board of Trustees of Thomas Edison State University and are effective with registration for the August 2019 term. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
*To be used by students who need additional time to complete course work or exams past the end date of the term. This fee cannot be used to extend enrollment and does not keep a student enrolled if the annual enrollment year has expired.

[Image: AIbEiAIAAABECI36zoWa_pao2QEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bo...NmOg?sz=40]
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials
That's always been the case as far as I know. It doesn't come up that often because credit banking isn't useful for most academic purposes. It mainly comes into play for employers or other organizations (like boards of accountancy) that want to see courses on a college transcript.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • warriortaupou
(09-13-2019, 11:39 AM)davewill Wrote: That's always been the case as far as I know. It doesn't come up that often because credit banking isn't useful for most academic purposes. It mainly comes into play for employers or other organizations (like boards of accountancy) that want to see courses on a college transcript.

Thanks @davewill. I may be misreading or misunderstanding. Is this an additional cost I have to pay to have them evaluate when my son/daughter transfer their ACE or direct transcript to TESU for them to award potential credit?

Thank you in advance.
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials
[-] The following 1 user Likes warriortaupou's post:
  • Oulton1
Credit banking fee does not apply if a person is seeking a degree/certificate from TESU.

Most often seen here is is used for someone who has already earned a 120 credit accounting bachelor (from any school), but they need 150 credits to take the CPA exam - in order to get these alternative credits to appear on an RA College transcript for this purpose they pay TESU to 'bank the credits' for them; the person is then able to produce a TESU transcript to prove they have the required additional college credits.  Note: You cannot use these banked credits to transfer them to another school - that is something called credit laundering, which doesn't work.  In example - If TESU accepts 'Alt Course X' for Credit, you cannot bank it with TESU and then transfer it to say COSC who does not accept 'Alt Course X' normally.  Also, you cannot bank credits with TESU that TESU does not accept; ie: you cannot credit bank Shmoop ACE course credits through TESU, as TESU doesn't take Shmoop.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • davewill, warriortaupou

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 240 Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 211 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 253 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,499 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 251 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,069 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 361 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 680 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 533 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM