Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated CIS Degree - Thoughts?
All,

For shizzles and giggles, I ran the what if on the 2022-2023 eval for Computer Information Systems, BS (BS.CIS)

No higher level math above Mat-121 that I saw.  No more chem or physics with labs...  Which is what held me back before...  Not a math geek...

What are your thoughts on what must be done through TESU?
(07-14-2022, 12:50 PM)joshypauly Wrote: All,

For shizzles and giggles, I ran the what if on the 2022-2023 eval for Computer Information Systems, BS (BS.CIS)

No higher level math above Mat-121 that I saw.  No more chem or physics with labs...  Which is what held me back before...  Not a math geek...

What are your thoughts on what must be done through TESU?

I just ran it myself and it isn't new, it actually is still just the BSBA-CIS concentration, you can see that if you scroll down to 'Program Requirements: 1: BSBA General Education' - https://www.tesu.edu/business/undergradu...on-systems

I don't know why they relabeled the "What If", it just is making it harder to identify
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • rachel83az
Depending if you have the energy, money, time to complete the 4-5 extra courses... If you're going for the BACS, you might want to get the BSBA CIS as well as there are just a few more courses.  There have been slight changes and it's easier now to finish both!  Here's the wiki for it: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It's a business degree; so if you don't want that, then it's not the right one for you.

The only way you needed chem or physics w/labs was if you were getting a BS - so if you want a BA, you can do that and skip those requirements.

Just depends on what you want/need.

TESU has the same requirements no matter which degree you get - 6cr of residency with the cornerstone and capstone. And 30cr of RA (so 24cr of RA brought in).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@joshypauly, forgot to mention that the degree is NOT the BS IT you're referring to that had the higher level math and chem/physics labs.

Considering the changes, it´s still possible to get the BS CIS + BSBA Operations Management?
MrPanda Wrote:Considering the changes, it´s still possible to get the BS CIS + BSBA Operations Management?

I don't see why not, it's just formatted differently on the "what if" feature only. The degree remains the same, a BSBA CIS + Operations Management double AOS.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MrPanda
(07-14-2022, 01:22 PM)allvia Wrote: I just ran it myself and it isn't new, it actually is still just the BSBA-CIS concentration, you can see that if you scroll down to 'Program Requirements: 1: BSBA General Education' - https://www.tesu.edu/business/undergradu...on-systems

I don't know why they relabeled the "What If", it just is making it harder to identify

That's a pretty nice option for getting both a business degree and the CS degree. Heck, if I didn't already have one BS from TESU, I might be tempted to do this double combo myself just for kicks and grins.
In progress: TESU: BS CIS | Coursera: Google IT Support
Completed: TESU: BSAST Nuclear Engineering Technology (2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 237 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,755 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 496 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,263 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,533 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
  Almost finished with dual CIS/CS degree - HELP! ACI 22 2,014 01-04-2024, 03:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az