Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith?
I am a foreigner, my English writing is very poor, and my native language writing is also very poor. LOL

I am currently studying psychology 311 (A UL course) on study.com, but there are 4 papers, which is too painful. I never want to take UL courses on study.com again. Sad

I bought "Foundations of strss management" on coopersmith yesterday.Is "end of course review" PPT what you call a crash course? That is a 73 Pages PPT.

I think my English reading ability is not bad.I browsed through it, and many of the content is very similar to the psychology class I learned before. I really like it.

I learned in this forum that "Theraputic interviewing" is also an exam without short essay.Are there any courses without essay like these two courses?

I also want to learn "Abnormal Psychology", "Drugs Society", and"Group Conseling".Just study the "end of course review" PPT,will I pass the exam?

Thank you all Big Grin
Therapeutic Interviewing does not count as UL credit for a Psych degree at TESU. It only counts as a free elective. The same is true of Group Counseling.

Abnormal Psychology and Drugs, Society & Human Behavior are good choices.

See this page for equivalents at TESU: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-06-2021, 06:08 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Therapeutic Interviewing does not count as UL credit for a Psych degree at TESU. It only counts as a free elective. The same is true of Group Counseling.

See this page for equivalents at TESU: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting

I understand. I enrolled in Excelsior College.  Big Grin
(03-06-2021, 06:13 AM)qiaoyiren Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 06:08 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Therapeutic Interviewing does not count as UL credit for a Psych degree at TESU. It only counts as a free elective. The same is true of Group Counseling.

To my knowledge, those are the only two UL Psych courses at Coopersmith that are strictly multiple choice.  The rest all have between three and ten essay (short answer) questions.
(03-06-2021, 06:36 AM)ctcarl Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 06:13 AM)qiaoyiren Wrote:

To my knowledge, those are the only two UL Psych courses at Coopersmith that are strictly multiple choice.  The rest all have between three and ten essay (short answer) questions.
I posted this post just to wait for your reply. I didn’t expect you to reply so quickly. I have read many of your Posts. I know that you are also an EC student. I chose these 5 courses after reading your posts.

Is "end of course review" PPT what you call a crash course? Can I only study the crash course PPT to pass these five UL courses
(03-06-2021, 06:50 AM)qiaoyiren Wrote: I posted this post just to wait for your reply. I didn’t expect you to reply so quickly. I have read many of your Posts. I know that you are also an EC student. I chose these 5 courses after reading your posts.

Is "end of course review" PPT what you call a crash course? Can I only study the crash course PPT to pass these five UL courses

There is some variation in the study materials for Coopersmith courses. There is always at least one PPT deck, whatever you choose to call it, which is highly targeted and helpful for the exam prep. Sometimes there are additional PPT decks. There are also recommended textbooks for each course. I have found that most textbooks are available on Amazon and/or eBay at very low cost, if you don't mind going with an earlier edition. Some I purchased, some I didn't.

I can't predict how someone else will do on the exam based strictly on the provided study guides, except to say that between the PPT decks and textbooks, I always felt very well prepared for the exams. For courses where I felt I already had a grasp of the basics, I got by with the PPT decks alone.
(03-06-2021, 07:59 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 06:50 AM)qiaoyiren Wrote: I posted this post just to wait for your reply. I didn’t expect you to reply so quickly. I have read many of your Posts. I know that you are also an EC student. I chose these 5 courses after reading your posts.

There is some variation in the study materials for Coopersmith courses.  There is always at least one PPT deck, whatever you choose to  call it, which is highly targeted and helpful for the exam prep.  Sometimes there are additional PPT decks.  There are also recommended textbooks for each course.  I have found that most textbooks are available on Amazon and/or eBay at very low cost, if you don't mind going with an earlier edition.  Some I purchased, some I didn't.  

I can't predict how someone else will do on the exam based strictly on the provided study guides, except to say that between the PPT decks and textbooks, I always felt very well prepared for the exams.  For courses where I felt I already had a grasp of the basics, I got by with the PPT decks alone.

Yeah, you did a great job. I remember you got an average of 91% on coopersmith.
(03-06-2021, 08:05 PM)qiaoyiren Wrote: Yeah, you did a great job. I remember you got an average of 91% on coopersmith.

That's...kind of amazing, because I don't even remember what my average was.

But I really enjoyed my Coopersmith courses.  I had been sweating my UL credits for years, after I strode confidently into a UL UExcel exam (they were called "Regents College Exams" then) because it was a subject I'd studied avidly since the age of 14, only to emerge hours later dazed, confused, and with a 70 that hit me like a thrown brick.

Coopersmith taught me to study with targeted materials where I needed only a refresher, and directed me to the right books where I needed the basics.  It worked for me, but it's not for everyone.  There's not a lot of hand-holding.
I just enrolled in my first Coopersmith course, Sports and Exercise Psychology. Does anyone know the best way to study for this exam? I am so lost on what to study, I have been hitting the "end of course review" pretty hard but the other study materials that they present to you don't make sense. If anyone could help that would be nice!
(04-12-2023, 01:27 AM)lonelySamurai Wrote: I just enrolled in my first Coopersmith course, Sports and Exercise Psychology. Does anyone know the best way to study for this exam? I am so lost on what to study, I have been hitting the "end of course review" pretty hard but the other study materials that they present to you don't make sense. If anyone could help that would be nice!

It was a few years ago, so I don't remember many details. For both of the Coopersmith courses I took, I was well prepared for the exam from the "end of course review".  I turned the information into flashcards style of review. I read through the other course materials the same was I'd read through a textbook. For Sports/Exercise Psychology, I had a little bit of familiarity with the subject from being an assistant coach/camp counselor for kids.  It was a straightforward exam with no tricks.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • lonelySamurai

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 422 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 264 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 743 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 373 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,335 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 952 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study Together Validity + Benefits Stacie 0 425 07-26-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,073 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  Financial aid for on-line study in England? Pelican 7 942 06-15-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: sanantone