Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance?
That's what my evaluation shows (FIN-2000 at TESU). I was counting on this for the Finance AOS in the BSBA. Doesn't seem accurate. What do you think? Or am I missing something?
Non-course equivalency is just the labe used by TESU for third-party provider classes. Not a problem. Pretty much everything from Sophia, Study dot com, Straighterline, Saylor, etc comes in with that label. You can have up to 90 credits in the degree with that label, though there is no actual upper limit overall.

It fulfills Professional Business Requirements > E. Finance 3SH
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • Yenisei
Thanks. Strange thing is that when I run the Finance BSBA in My Progress, it does not have this class in there meeting AOS requirements.
It's not in the AOS, it is in the Professional Business Requirements. If it is not slotting there, reach out to academic advising to have it corrected.
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • Yenisei
It's not in the PBR- they have FIN 3010 slotted there instead, which I guess can be moved to the AOS.
Not enough info to compute, you need to tell us what classes you took for the equivalency for both. Technically, an email to advising to change the two classes around should fix the issue. Move FIN-2000 to the PBR, Move FIN-3010 to the AOS, the system defaults the FIN-3010 into your PBR automatically, it's a manual override needed, depending on the classes you transferred in... So, what were the classes and where did you take them?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
FIN 3010 was transferred from a 4-year school. Three other UL courses were transferred from the same 4-year school (International Economics, Public Finance, and Money & Banking), and TESU also accepted Small Business Finance and International Finance from Study.com.
Cool, so... Technically, an email to advising to change the two classes around should fix the issue. I would get them to swap the two as I mentioned earlier, as long as the classes can be swapped, it's better than not having one of the classes in the degree plan.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Yenisei

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 5 178 10 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 119 63,293 04-25-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 498 04-24-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 935 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 147 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 562 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,477 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 791 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,025 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 274 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77