Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not All Harvard Grads have high salaries
The general population always assumes that Harvard grads always get the best jobs with the best pay.    

But looking at Harvard's GSE Masters Grads from 2020, their median salaries are only $65,000 and the middle 50% earn between 53K and 78K.  Hardly a path to financial freedom.  Those look like the average salaries at any state school masters in education.  

https://cso.gse.harvard.edu/files/gse-oc...report.pdf

I guess what I wanted to say was that for some occupations, the Harvard prestige is probably not going to give you a better paying job than any other state school grad.  That's why I'm still surprised some people take out $100K in loans to take something like MSW or masters in education from a prestigious school when they could've gone to their local state school.

Of course when you actually have that Harvard acceptance letter, logic flies out the window perhaps for most people Smile
Saw last year a report on the homeless guy who was Harvard graduate
So there is no guarantee about anything, its often upto you what you do with your degrees and how you build your life
The average earnings for a Harvard grad are only $82,000.  Even the top 13% of Harvard men and the top 4% of Harvard grad women only make $120,000 on average.

I made this point in another thread where I said someone who earn a master's degree would be in a similar position to someone that earned only a bachelor's degree from Harvard.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
It's pretty sad to say someone with a degree from Harvard - what's supposed to be the grandest institution of higher learning in the nation - can earn only $53K. That seems soooo low. I wonder what degrees they completed and what they do for careers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • smartdegree
if you think the harvard graduates have it bad, just look at the drop outs
[-] The following 2 users Like bluebooger's post:
  • LevelUP, Vle045
It's like any other degree, it may help you get your foot in the door, but it won't keep you employed or help so much with your subsequent jobs. You won't get paid double just because you went to Harvard.

There are certain situations, I'm sure, where it makes a lot of difference... like getting into a top law firm, or sliding into a lucrative job at Goldman Sachs, but probably not for the vast majority, especially if their families are not also well connected.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
What I would like to see is blending a boot camp with a college degree.

So basically you take an intense 40hr week boot camp for 3 months, then you earn 18-30 college credits.

College Degrees such as:
Software Engineering/Development
Digital Marketing
Project Management (include PMP cert)
Data Analytics
Cybersecurity

SNHU does bring in credits for some types of boot camps:
https://www.snhu.edu/admission/transferr...ifications
https://www.thinkful.com/
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 16,224 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,619 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  Question for Amberton University MAPD/Counseling students/grads Amberlinjeanne 3 722 06-21-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Harvard University Kennedy School of Government Pathway collegecareerstudent 36 9,117 06-02-2023, 06:03 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  ChatGPT opinion of Harvard Extension smartdegree 7 2,735 05-09-2023, 05:22 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Online grads sue USC smartdegree 54 4,925 01-14-2023, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation collegecareerstudent 24 4,250 10-17-2022, 09:05 AM
Last Post: datby98
  New Harvard Online MS Healthcare degrees $56k tuition smartdegree 7 1,219 09-21-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  37.5% of 2001-2010 Duke Fuqua EMBA Grads Today Earn Less than $100K (10-20 yrs later) smartdegree 8 1,319 05-20-2022, 04:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Salaries for online master's degrees by subject sanantone 0 673 08-22-2021, 06:42 PM
Last Post: sanantone