Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help please with credit by examination via TESU
hello good evening Nice to meet you all. My name is MariaElisa. I've been trying to find someone who has gone in depth doing credit by examination but have had little luck. I've been looking to do credit by examination. I currently have an Associates of arts and I'm trying to get my bachelor's in Liberal Arts but I'm not sure what exact exams I need what exact CLEPs, DSST, TECEP, etc I have the breakdown of the subjects ( academic evaluation)  but I'm not sure what exact exams are the ones that I need to study or take? For example I need a Civic engagement and I know I can take it with CLEP but what exam that they offer is Civic engagement? that's only one example I have a academic evaluation and not sure how to know what exams are which;  the ones I need to study for. My academic evaluation gives me  the names  of the credits/courses I need to take but how do I find out what specific exams from clep or dsst or tecep, etc, are the specific ones that I need to study for and take. By any chance can you help me with that and explain to me how or what courses I might need or how to find out thank you so much I really appreciate the help. I'm not sure if I can post pictures on my academic evaluation but I can try if someone needs to look at it thank you so much I really appreciate the help.
What school are you wanting to get your bachelors from? Have you already looked into Excelsior, Thomas Edison State University, and Charter Oaks College?
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
(03-02-2019, 01:32 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: What school are you wanting to get your bachelors from? Have you already looked into Excelsior, Thomas Edison State University, and Charter Oaks College?

Yes I got an academic evaluation through Thomas Edison State University. I want to get my bachelor's through them. Thank you
You don't have to post a picture but you can copy and paste the pertinent info from your evaluation and that will help.

For the one specific course you asked about(civics engagement) I recommend CLEP American government. American government is also available through study.com, StraighterLine(and probably a few others). Another course which would satisfy that requirement is comparative politics from Saylor.

Here is a great place to start to find out which tests correspond to which courses:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...ding_Tests
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Everyone that's active on this forum has gotten courses (or entire degrees) at TESU or one of the other Big 3 schools via alternative means. I didn't take a single course at TESU except the capstone (because I had to) and the 1cr cornerstone (because I chose to - it was the easiest way to meet the residency requirement in place for my catalog year).

There are multiple ways to get credits at any of the Big 3. You can get everything except the cornerstone and capstone via alternative methods and then take those final 2 courses at TESU. COSC is also a good choice, as they are cheaper than TESU.

Some of the ways you can get credit besides the tests you listed are Study.com, Straighterline, Saylor, ALEKS, TEEX, Sophia, etc. Many different ways, and all at ~ $100/course or less (or even free).

The first thing to do is find out what the different areas are that you need credit for. An example: Civic Engagement is an AREA, not a specific course. So if you look at their webpage that explains the GE's needed, you can see what types of courses will work in that area. The CLEP you need there is American Government. You can also opt to take that via Straighterline or Study.com, or take Comparative Politics through Saylor, etc. https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2016-and-after2 This will show what TESU courses will work in each area - but there are other courses that will work as well.

COSC also has a BALS degree (or even a BSLS): https://www.charteroak.edu/prospective/p...ntrations/ Their website isn't great, but you can see their GE's required: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/2017-...ements.php

If you list the courses you've completed here, in a simple list format that you edit (please, please edit it or I won't bother with it):

School name, RA or NA, Semester or Quarter system
course #, course name, # of credits, grade if less than a C

School name, RA or NA, Semester or Quarter system

etc.

We can help with a degree plan for TESU and COSC if you'd like.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • ronaldemail1, suzycupcake
(03-02-2019, 02:17 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Thank you thank you so much for the help I'm actually still a little bit confused thank you so much for your guidance.

thank you so much for your guidance I really appreciate your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 723 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,579 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 272 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy