Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Transfer Course Equivalencies
Hello everyone,

Anyone can view the Official Transfer Course Equivalencies database, without a student account. You just need to go to this webpage: https://peportal.maine.edu/

Under the "Quick Links" section, you will find the "Transfer Course Equivalencies" link. Inside that link, you will find the "Transfer courses or test credit to the Univ. of Maine System" button.

After that you would be able to select "University of Maine at Presque Isle", select a letter from the list (e.g., S), and find whatever provider you want to transfer from.

If you scroll down under the "S" letter to find "Sophia Pathways Learning LLC", you will find a "Show All Subjects" button.

This database is open to students and guests as well. No login is required.

It's the same database that used to show that Sophia's Principles of Finance would transfer as BUS-325. It now shows that it will transfer as a BUS-2XX elective. It's also the same database that used to show Study's Presentation Skills would transfer to a BUS-1XX elective (if I remember correctly), and now it shows PCJ-215, which is the right corresponding course.

It's not 100% accurate and it may contain minor errors, but overall, it is reliable and it reflects the latest transfer evaluations.

I hope that helps; I realized from some comments that many students are not aware that anyone can access the database, not just them.
[-] The following 9 users Like Holmes's post:
  • clj626, crotique, Darknigh7, FastTrackDegree, JannikTT, lynnii2, Pikachu, rachel83az, RachelB
The database shows how courses have transferred in the past. It doesn't show all of the changes made over time. So what it shows today may not apply to someone tomorrow. I always try to stress this and people have complained that I say this. It says right on the screen that it's from the past.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
I would still go by the official Study.com transfer guide and what people reported works for IC & Sophia.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(03-10-2022, 11:31 AM)LevelUP Wrote: I would still go by the official Study.com transfer guide and what people reported works for IC & Sophia.

Study.com transfer guide has a few errors. Study doesn't seem to ever update these pages for some reason.
As a side note, we all should only use these as references as mostly all content online will "expire" or be out of date. It's great to have these as references for planning purposes, but it's up to the student to get in contact with the school representatives in order to verify that these are up to date and transferred as planned, if it is not, the academic advisors will provide you alternative options.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • ss20ts, Vle045
(03-10-2022, 10:09 AM)Holmes Wrote: Hello everyone,

Anyone can view the Official Transfer Course Equivalencies database, without a student account. You just need to go to this webpage: https://peportal.maine.edu/

Under the "Quick Links" section, you will find the "Transfer Course Equivalencies" link. Inside that link, you will find the "Transfer courses or test credit to the Univ. of Maine System" button.

After that you would be able to select "University of Maine at Presque Isle", select a letter from the list (e.g., S), and find whatever provider you want to transfer from.

If you scroll down under the "S" letter to find "Sophia Pathways Learning LLC", you will find a "Show All Subjects" button.

This database is open to students and guests as well. No login is required.

It's the same database that used to show that Sophia's Principles of Finance would transfer as BUS-325. It now shows that it will transfer as a BUS-2XX elective. It's also the same database that used to show Study's Presentation Skills would transfer to a BUS-1XX elective (if I remember correctly), and now it shows PCJ-215, which is the right corresponding course.

It's not 100% accurate and it may contain minor errors, but overall, it is reliable and it reflects the latest transfer evaluations.

I hope that helps; I realized from some comments that many students are not aware that anyone can access the database, not just them.
Very useful info.

Just to add :
If you scroll down under the "C" letter to find "Credly/ACE ", click the  "Show All Subjects" button to see all ACE credit related courses.
What institutions does OOSC and SHMO represent on the Credly/ACE list?
(06-04-2022, 01:00 PM)Jennr2z Wrote: What institutions does OOSC and SHMO represent on the Credly/ACE list?

OOSL is Straighterline. I don't see OOSC.

SHMO is old credit from Shmoop, which no longer has credit recommendations.
(06-04-2022, 01:12 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 01:00 PM)Jennr2z Wrote: What institutions does OOSC and SHMO represent on the Credly/ACE list?

OOSL is Straighterline. I don't see OOSC.

SHMO is old credit from Shmoop, which no longer has credit recommendations.

You are correct it is OOSL, i hit a C instead of L  Smile
You may want to review these and note to yourself some of the providers no longer are in the 'ACE recommended' for credit list, such as SHMOOP quit the business as many institutions decided they were not up to snuff, they were too "Shmoopy" for their own good...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 3 156 04-13-2024, 07:13 PM
Last Post: layermonkey
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 188 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 484 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 254 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  Can I transfer credits after applying? annanotherone 8 527 02-22-2024, 11:39 AM
  Transfer credit help needed - UMPI for BA in Accounting Sarajane 15 1,819 02-06-2024, 07:12 PM
  Does CLEP College Composition MODULAR transfer? octoco 2 339 01-11-2024, 10:25 PM
  How long is it taking for Jessica to reach out after Transfer Credit Report completed octoco 7 633 12-19-2023, 09:17 PM
  UMPI Transfer Credit Questions Cb1818c 2 516 12-02-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Ncerva
  2024 transfer Wk17 7 696 10-16-2023, 01:16 PM