Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olivet
Can someone tell me if you have to have a special link or whatever to sign up for Olivet or if you sign up regular to take the online courses for $50/credit?

Also is this competency based or structured?

There are three courses I'm going to try to get done this year so that I can transfer them, so I need to make sure I don't mess it up.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

https://online.olivet.edu/yourway is the link where you sign up for Olivet YourWay classes. It progresses like a regular college/university application except that they allow you to use an unofficial transcript as proof of eligibility. You could upload your unofficial transcript from Berry College and be good. No need to pay for an official one.

The courses are structured. Each unit within a module requires a quiz, a discussion, or some other type of assignment. Some classes have more discussions and fewer "real" assignments and other classes only have a couple of discussions and more quizzes/assignments. When you look at the syllabus of each class, it shows how many of what type are expected for each class.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • TINASAM
On second thought, I'm not sure what you mean by CBE or structured. You go at your own pace but there are more assignments than for either SDC or Sophia. Does that help?
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(04-25-2021, 12:56 PM)rachel83az Wrote: On second thought, I'm not sure what you mean by CBE or structured. You go at your own pace but there are more assignments than for either SDC or Sophia. Does that help?

Yes! Thank you, I submitted an application so that I can get a couple classes done slowly. Getting these two courses knocked out this cheap to transfer allows me to graduate 3 months sooner Smile
Current Degree Programs:
Up Next 

Can anyone clarify if quizzes can be retaken and is there limit on number of retakes? I couldn't find clear info on website or syllabus
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • TINASAM
Yes, quizzes can be retaken. You can also resubmit assignments. I'm not sure if there is a limit; I haven't seen any.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Ok its very helpful. Thank u
Did anyone take quizzes for any of the courses? Can anyone share this experience? Since i never took any US RA courses I wonder what its like. Any update will be appreciated
(04-25-2021, 11:32 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Also is this competency based or structured?

The courses are not competency-based OR structured; they are self-paced, which is it's own thing.  I guess they'd lean more towards structured, but less so than a regular college course in that there aren't any deadline dates other than you have to be finished in a set amount of time (4 months I think).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • hsfamfun, Pikachu, TINASAM
How long does it usually take to hear back once you've applied?
Current Degree Programs:
Up Next 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abandoned Hymns Bring New Life to Our Christian Worship Music from Olivet University jacobmark 0 414 08-26-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: jacobmark
  Olivet University Shut Down Alpha 6 1,146 07-06-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Has anyone taken PSC 223 - American Government at Olivet? Insert Name 3 694 05-29-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z