Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Finance course
Can anyone recommend an online course that will satisfy Excelsior's Finance requirement for Business degrees? It does not have to be upper level. I was ready to take it thru a community college this fall, but it looks like I will be moving to 2nd shift at work and the hours wont work. I'm not sure that I could do this one DSST. Any suggestions/experiences are appreciated!
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???
BYU has a cost effective online course. The final is proctored.

Just do a course search at Excelsior and you can find all kinds of classes. I think the BYU one is about the cheapest you will find though.
Dale H.
half way...
Enrolled - BS-BGB Excelsior
Completed - 65 credits
Togo - 4 CLEP, 6 DSST, 2 ECE, 1 EC Course, 1 TECEP
hunter2115 Wrote:Can anyone recommend an online course that will satisfy Excelsior's Finance requirement for Business degrees? It does not have to be upper level. I was ready to take it thru a community college this fall, but it looks like I will be moving to 2nd shift at work and the hours wont work. I'm not sure that I could do this one DSST. Any suggestions/experiences are appreciated!

Hunter,

Why don't you at least have a go at DSST Principles of Finance. If you pass, you can save yourself a semester's worth of work and a bunch of money. If you fail, you've lost $60 and you can STILL do the full course (with prior study as a good foundation).

I was terrified of Finance too. So I do understand your anxiety about the exam. But I passed it, and you most likely would too. You'll never know unless you try.

I just think it would be worth considering.

No pressure...just a gentle nudge!
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:Why don't you at least have a go at DSST Principles of Finance. If you pass, you can save yourself a semester's worth of work and a bunch of money. If you fail, you've lost $60 and you can STILL do the full course (with prior study as a good foundation).

I was terrified of Finance too. So I do understand your anxiety about the exam. But I passed it, and you most likely would too. You'll never know unless you try.
Snazzlefrag

I agree with Snazzlefrag. Try it. You might like it (the result).

Snazz, could you repost what you did to study for Prin of Fin? I seem to remember you using an additional resource to IC as well as recommending a calculator.

As for me, I plan on taking this on 9/8. I am still waiting for my other 5 test scores and still have to study for Prin of Mktg.
J-Cubed Wrote:Snazz, could you repost what you did to study for Prin of Fin? I seem to remember you using an additional resource to IC as well as recommending a calculator.

Hi James,

Here is the link to the thread you are referring to. Several people who participated, so there is a lot of good feedback and advice.

http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...php4?t=311

Good luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 30 6,219 Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 863 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 300 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 445 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,459 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 362 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 797 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,838 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 425 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,260 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045