Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Graduate School
acs1122 Wrote:Either one works for me!!! I just want a sense that I can do it, without getting overwhelmed with the high-level of work that would be expected of a grad student. I'm trying to work past a deep fear of not being able to 'do' the work, and end up kicked out of grad school, or something.

You finished, so how was the experience? Was it anything like what you expected? Any problems adjusting? Did you have trouble keeping up with other students?

If you're close to graduating and going to Excelsior, you might want to consider taking "MLS 500: Graduate Research and Writing" It's a graduate level course and would count as one of your upper division Arts & Sciences. I'm seriously considering this for one of my upper division courses I have left. I'm also getting with a few other graduate schools to see what open enrollment graduate courses they have, and if I can get Excelsior College to accept those. That's another option you can try.

Joe Lomas
joel66 Wrote:If you're close to graduating and going to Excelsior, you might want to consider taking "MLS 500: Graduate Research and Writing" It's a graduate level course and would count as one of your upper division Arts & Sciences. I'm seriously considering this for one of my upper division courses I have left. I'm also getting with a few other graduate schools to see what open enrollment graduate courses they have, and if I can get Excelsior College to accept those. That's another option you can try.

Joe Lomas

That's great news, THANKS!!!!! Boy, I feel like a huge burden was just lifted off my shoulders Smile. I've gotta get this fear of grad school under control, and taking this class will be a good step in that direction.
Anne,
Next up: SPHR Exam again, missed it by 50 pts first attempt....:eek:
BS Liberal Arts - Excelsior College, MBA/HRM - Northcentral University

[SIZE="1"]Check a New Dreams & Goals Discussion Forum at http://www.getwettodayforum.com[/SIZE]
If I can chime in here... I am currently enrolled at CCU and plan to be done with my MBA HRM degree by December. Much like Shoto, It will have taken me about 6 months to complete. While it is challenging, it is not overwhelming. The college staff is super friendly and they heap copious amounts of praise on you for doing well on tests, finals, and the overall course. This praise comes in the form of letters and certificates (these certificates look better than the Excelsior Diplomas by the way:mad: ). It seems I am constantly getting mail from them and have a nice collection now. All of my coursework/testing is done electronically which means no waiting for snail mail. I purchased 9 out of 13 books at Amazon, used, for $140.00 (will be selling them soon...Wink ) and rented the rest from CCU's library for $25.00 each for three months. The classes are $630 a shot but there will be none of the BS (NOT Bachelor of Science...the other one) Excelsior graduation fees...This will leave extra money to get a nice frame for my diploma.

Overall I think they do a great job. This is definitely not a degree giveaway; it's a program developed for mid-career minded people. Hope this helps someone out there....Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
acs1122 Wrote:Either one works for me!!! I just want a sense that I can do it, without getting overwhelmed with the high-level of work that would be expected of a grad student. I'm trying to work past a deep fear of not being able to 'do' the work, and end up kicked out of grad school, or something.

You finished, so how was the experience? Was it anything like what you expected? Any problems adjusting? Did you have trouble keeping up with other students?

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Then let me robustly recommend CCU's MBA program!

As for keeping up, you set your own pace; I set my pace at Warp Factor 7 (WF7) and completed my MS degree in 6-months.

Granted I worked at a fevered pace and for a few hours each day but it can be done. In fact I would say that if you worked at a moderate and comfortable pace (WF1) you could complete a graduate degree within one-academic year (9 months). Take it from two EC grads - Basket Weaver and myself, CCU is the way to go!

In the end you will have your degree complete and your future right in front of you - Engage![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
OK, well for me, that just sealed the deal. I am definitely going to CCU for my Masters after I get my BS (Bachelor of Science kind Big Grin ) Thanks for all the feedback on this subject!!!!
Machelle

HG&D - 62
Ed. Psych - 57
Humanities - 59
A&I Literature - 59
Here's To Your Health - 59
Fund. of Counseling - 49
Criminal Justice - 55
Intro to Law Enforcement - 51
My biggest concern was due to all this testing out, I thought well maybe 'testing out' wasn't properly preparing me for grad level work. But, it was me letting the fear get the best of me, breaking me, filling my head with doubt.

Brian & Lee, what can I say, you guys are great!! First of all, you've managed to instill just about enough confidence in me to actually believe that I (ME!!!) can succeed as a grad student. Secondly, if I can complete grad school in 6 months, well that would just be icing on the cake, as well as ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I'm still a little dazed and dazzled by all of this ---any of this even being possible for me, so thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm checking out CCU for sure. It's good to hear that they are very supportive, and offer so much encouragement.
Anne,
Next up: SPHR Exam again, missed it by 50 pts first attempt....:eek:
BS Liberal Arts - Excelsior College, MBA/HRM - Northcentral University

[SIZE="1"]Check a New Dreams & Goals Discussion Forum at http://www.getwettodayforum.com[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=Old Rusty Pipe]For everyone, consider yourselves empowered:
Dantes Online Catalog

>>

...and three hours later here I am! Wow, I wish I had found that link months ago. You can go up a level and view all the programs (cert - associate- bachelor-master- phd) which was great. I did notice a few missing that I had found on my own, but boy that's a great place to start!!
acs1122 Wrote:My biggest concern was due to all this testing out, I thought well maybe 'testing out' wasn't properly preparing me for grad level work. But, it was me letting the fear get the best of me, breaking me, filling my head with doubt.

Brian & Lee, what can I say, you guys are great!! First of all, you've managed to instill just about enough confidence in me to actually believe that I (ME!!!) can succeed as a grad student. Secondly, if I can complete grad school in 6 months, well that would just be icing on the cake, as well as ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. I'm still a little dazed and dazzled by all of this ---any of this even being possible for me, so thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm checking out CCU for sure. It's good to hear that they are very supportive, and offer so much encouragement.

[SIZE="2"]Looking at where you are now, close to attaining your Bachelors degree, I would conservatively say that you could actually have your Masters completed around this same time next year; not bad at all!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Hey, I was checking out the US News & World Report site and I came across these great comparison charts for online graduate programs:

USNews.com: Education: E-Learning Guide: Courses and Degrees

Chris
93 credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 30 6,174 6 hours ago
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 857 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 720 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,188 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 300 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 442 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,768 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,454 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 359 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 789 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh