Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnlineDegree.com Is Finally Open
(09-17-2018, 03:09 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 02:57 PM)tobyisking Wrote: @Merlin, I actually offered to retake the final as that seemed easier to me than having someone take a file off my computer. The lady I was talking to said that was not an option. She said that this is a normal practice for RPNow.

When I took proctored finals through SDC, I believe it stated that I need to leave the browser open for up to 15 minutes to ensure the file gets uploaded properly. OD provides no such warning. So maybe if you closed out too soon after finishing, it wasn't able to upload the whole file? I wish it would give some kind of confirmation when it was done.

The RPnow client still presents that warning at the end of every exam, so it should have been there regardless. But yes, I agree... there really is no good reason that it cannot auto close when it is done or update the screen when it is done. At the least, it could just start a 15-minute timer and auto-close the screen at the end of that time. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Yeah I've taken multiple tests so I left it open for a while. I reached out RPNow I will see what they say.
Maybe I just didn't see it but when using RPNow for my 2 OD finals I didn't see anything indicating I should let it wait. Just my score and such. I think it actually stated I can close out now. Of course it may depend on internet upload speeds, size of file(length x resolution?), Etc.

Going forward I will just continue to leave it open for 15 minutes just to be on the safe side.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(09-17-2018, 03:43 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Maybe I just didn't see it but when using RPNow for my 2 OD finals I didn't see anything indicating I should let it wait. Just my score and such. I think it actually stated I can close out now. Of course it may depend on internet upload speeds, size of file(length x resolution?), Etc.

Going forward I will just continue to leave it open for 15 minutes just to be on the safe side.

Hmm, it's always stated that I should leave it open for 15 minutes at the end of the exam, despite the fact that I have a gigabit uplink and a fast computer. I assume it only takes a fraction of the time indicated to actually do the upload, but I leave it open for at least 15 minutes just in case.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
I have taken two finals with OD and it did not say to leave it open for 15mins as study.com does. I thought it odd, so I looked everywhere to see if I could find such a message. I did not, so I closed out. I hope I don't end up with a problem. I checked my emails, including spam, there is nothing from RPnow.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
(09-17-2018, 05:01 PM)mudball Wrote: I have taken two finals with OD and it did not say to leave it open for 15mins as study.com does. I thought it odd, so I looked everywhere to see if I could find such a message. I did not, so I closed out. I hope I don't end up with a problem. I checked my emails, including spam, there is nothing from RPnow.

Interesting. They must use a modified client for OnlineDegree I guess. Either way, it seems odd that they'd remove that message if it still requires upload time.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
I have completed 14 of the 15 OD classes and the testing client is slightly different.  One of the funny things is that the sound check at the beginning is more sensitive.  My laptops are kind of old and I pass the sound check by coughing.  I used to have to cough multiple times and really loudly.  My kids must think that daddy is really sick.  Anyway, the OD testing client always picks up a light cough on the first try.  Makes me laugh.

But it doesn't require the 15 minute wait.  I have always shut off the computer very quickly after the test.  There still is a small box that pops up.  I just wait until that goes away and then shut everything down and it has been fine.
[-] The following 2 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • MNomadic, mudball
(09-17-2018, 05:13 PM)eriehiker Wrote: I have completed 14 of the 15 OD classes and the testing client is slightly different.  One of the funny things is that the sound check at the beginning is more sensitive.  My laptops are kind of old and I pass the sound check by coughing.  I used to have to cough multiple times and really loudly.  My kids must think that daddy is really sick.  Anyway, the OD testing client always picks up a light cough on the first try.  Makes me laugh.

But it doesn't require the 15 minute wait.  I have always shut off the computer very quickly after the test.  There still is a small box that pops up.  I just wait until that goes away and then shut everything down and it has been fine.

Wow! Good work getting through them all so fast!

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
A bit off topic, but I actually have a phone call with the founder of OD, Grant, tomorrow afternoon. I plan on launching a startup sometime soon (maybe sometime next year or 2020), that will change the world - just like he is. Anyway, I'm already thinking of ways to affordably offer my future employees full tuition reimbursement by using OD/SDC/a partner uni. I contacted OD regarding a suggestion about a different layout for employers to offer to their employees (similar to how study.com built a separate version for businesses for their employees) to track progress, create degree plans, general marketing information, etc. 

Are there questions/concerns ya'll want me to bring up in our call?

-----------------------------------------
Our Convo:

Hi Josh, would you be available for a quick call with our Founder, Grant?
This afternoon or tomorrow afternoon PST?
-
Gabriela from OnlineDegree.com

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 11:40 AM, "Gabriela" <gabriela@onlinedegreecom.intercom-mail.com> wrote:
Hi Josh!
Thank your for the note below...it's a great suggestion! You're right that whether companies are paying for employee tuition or encouraging them to pursue it on their own its a huge win to save money and time! It's a great idea!
Let us know how we can help...perhaps we can include your company in a pilot to build it out?

How Can We Help You?
Hi,I’d just like to say I think what y’all are doing is amazing. I plan on launching a startup soon & will incorporate your company into my employee's education planning to get their college degrees. I would love to see a version of your layout for companies & their employees. Just a suggestion for the future. Thank you!
BABA, New England College, 2019
[-] The following 2 users Like harrypotter's post:
  • Life_One, MNomadic
That's a crazy coincidence! I have a phonecall interview with Grant tomorrow! They asked if I could do it this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • harrypotter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 346 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,399 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 641 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  OnlineDegree.com final exam vs quizzes jsd 7 1,524 04-26-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  OnlineDegree cosmetic update rachel83az 4 930 01-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  onlinedegree.com transcripts not showing up? studyingfortests 6 1,012 10-31-2021, 06:59 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  COS 101 Onlinedegree.com cizzie 3 957 10-19-2021, 03:18 PM
Last Post: cizzie
  onlinedegree.com course difficulty/completion times? studyingfortests 4 1,290 07-10-2021, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  onlinedegree.com ?? TINASAM 4 991 03-03-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  onlinedegree.com Cosmology carebear_007 2 801 02-18-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: carebear_007