Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Division Credit
Greetings--Been reading a while and can't believe I have only now found this forum, or these wonderful ways of gaining credit.

Long story short: Have had lots of success with Sophia courses both in terms of actual learning as well as getting the credits onto my college transcript. (Online campus of a Brick-and-Mortar university.) I like the format, I like the interface, and I like how I can move through either as quickly or as methodically as I can/need to. I intend to finish my Bachelor's degree in the fall.

**I find myself in need of upper division credit!**
 If I am not mistaken, no Sophia class will qualify. I've done a lot of reading and searching the forum but am at a loss for what my best options are. Hoping you all can point me in the right direction for as few as ONE but as many as FOUR UPPER DIVISION CREDITS, ACE-approved, that I can move through at my own pace. 

Thanks in advance. Good luck and best wishes to you all.

WVU580
It really depends on what specific credits you need but Study.com seems to have the most variety of UL classes that awards ACE credits.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

It depends on what your school will accept, but Study.com has the most UL courses; there's also a few at Saylor, DSST exams, a 1cr Cybersecurity course through TEEX, a 3cr CJ course at TEEX that's supposed to be good, and I think 1 at SL.

There are also UL ones at NCCRS providers like Davar and Coopersmith if your school will take those.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Study.com has the broadest range of topics for UL I've come across. There's also the option of taking online classes at a state university. Might be cheaper since resident tuition is usually much less. FHSU has inexpensive tuition - $217 per credit. Davar Academy also has some UL courses, but many look to be the same as Study.com.

What is your degree going to be in? What discipline are you looking for?
Thanks everyone for the input. I'm doing the infamous RBA degree at West Virginia University. I'm at the point now where I just need to collect credits, with a certain number required to be Upper Level.

As you might know, the RBA degree is basically a multidisciplinary degree. I could have chosen a concentration/emphasis and originally intended to. But I'm planning on graduate school, and the timing is now such that I can finish the degree without a concentration and start grad school 7+ months (2 semesters) sooner, so I'm dropping the effort to get a concentration and just trying to finish.

Many thanks again.
How many residency credits does the RBA require?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Residency: Students must complete a residency requirement of 24 hours of coursework taken at one or more institutions within West Virginia’s public higher education system. Six of the 24 hours must be taken as upper division courses at WVU. (This is not the same as in-state and out-of-state residency and does not help a student obtain in-state residency.)

From WVU catalog.
thanks!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I used Davar and Coopersmith almost exclusively for my UL credit, but as has already been pointed out, they're NCCRS, not ACE.

I ended up with mostly Coopersmith courses, because they have an excellent selection of UL Psych courses, compared to Davar, which is mostly Business. But Davar is about the best deal out there for UL...$99 for two 3-credit courses. That's hard to beat.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 947 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 497 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 821 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Coopersmith Organizational Behavior - Upper Level? milah1 6 544 10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,784 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  One SDC course, 6 sh Upper Level in Philosophy Jonathan Whatley 31 2,064 09-12-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,517 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 1,874 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Upper-level writing & economics ? StoicJ 3 779 03-07-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: stickymoaning