Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Options? Degree in Business
(04-17-2020, 01:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For TESU, it looks like you're at 78cr with the BSBA, and you could get it in Gen Mgmt or HR.  COSC or EC would prob be similar, although they're not ACBSP so that may or may not make a difference for you.  They are similar, with a similar amount of Free Electives; although COSC is definitely the cheapest (which may not matter for your purposes).
-------------------------------------------
Another option: GGU.  They have a new program they worked out with Study.com, and the portion you pay there is 10 3cr courses x $300/cr = $9000.  But they have some good options, and allow a LOT of free electives (51cr in most degrees - the GE is only 39cr).  https://study.com/college/school/golden-...spire.html

They take ACE credit. They're RA.

They not only have a BS in Business with 9 different concentrations, but a BA in Management with 5 concentrations, and a BA in Organizational Leadership.  I think the BAM or BAOL would be the easiest to finish, and you're at 87cr - so 2 more courses with Study.com, and then you could start taking their courses, and spread it out over this year and next, and be done fairly quickly.  I went there ages ago and really liked my courses there.  The nice thing is that they are 8-week courses instead of 12-week ones like TESU.  They just have so many more options, and the BAM is so much less math-y than the BSB, which is a good option for many who want/need a degree that is business-y, but doesn't have to be a BSBA.
-----------------
There are probably more options out there, but these 4 schools may be the easiest for you to complete, at least in terms of number of courses because they take so many GE's unlike WGU.  But that's a good option too.

Thanks dfrecore, I'm going to check them out. They seem a little steep price wise but I'm going to see what they tell me, if they're a network school with my employer they could potentially offer some benefits.
(04-18-2020, 02:04 PM)oroseeo Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 01:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For TESU, it looks like you're at 78cr with the BSBA, and you could get it in Gen Mgmt or HR.  COSC or EC would prob be similar, although they're not ACBSP so that may or may not make a difference for you.  They are similar, with a similar amount of Free Electives; although COSC is definitely the cheapest (which may not matter for your purposes).
-------------------------------------------
Another option: GGU.  They have a new program they worked out with Study.com, and the portion you pay there is 10 3cr courses x $300/cr = $9000.  But they have some good options, and allow a LOT of free electives (51cr in most degrees - the GE is only 39cr).  https://study.com/college/school/golden-...spire.html

They take ACE credit. They're RA.

They not only have a BS in Business with 9 different concentrations, but a BA in Management with 5 concentrations, and a BA in Organizational Leadership.  I think the BAM or BAOL would be the easiest to finish, and you're at 87cr - so 2 more courses with Study.com, and then you could start taking their courses, and spread it out over this year and next, and be done fairly quickly.  I went there ages ago and really liked my courses there.  The nice thing is that they are 8-week courses instead of 12-week ones like TESU.  They just have so many more options, and the BAM is so much less math-y than the BSB, which is a good option for many who want/need a degree that is business-y, but doesn't have to be a BSBA.
-----------------
There are probably more options out there, but these 4 schools may be the easiest for you to complete, at least in terms of number of courses because they take so many GE's unlike WGU.  But that's a good option too.

Thanks dfrecore, I'm going to check them out. They seem a little steep price wise but I'm going to see what they tell me, if they're a network school with my employer they could potentially offer some benefits.

The nice thing about going to a "regular" school is that you pay for a course and then get reimbursed after you're done, so you're not out $3500 right off the bat like you would be at GGU.  Also, with being able to use tuition reimbursement, you don't have to come out of pocket as much for ACE/NCCRS credit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-16-2020, 01:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: oroseeo, how much tuition assistance do you get for Ashford if you can only transfer in 75 or 90 credits into their program?  Do you get tuition assistance if you go the TESU or WGU route?  I would take all the Sophia.org courses you can just in case you want to head into TESU/WGU instead of Ashford.  What is your budget and when are you looking to finishing the degree?

HogwartsSchool has a valid argument, many times I tell people to do the "one and done - Bachelors & Masters" program at WGU if they are in Business/IT or Education/Nursing fields and they're not going past a Masters or further their education in anything else.  Just do all you can with Sophia.org in regards to transferability then you need to decide if you want to graduate from a State University with online degree offerings or Exclusively online university with degrees in those fields.

However, having said that, I also recommend people to have a good rounded "undergrad" education.  The Big 3 was never one of my choices even though I recommended them 20+ years ago, back then they allowed you to transfer in everything as there were no Cornerstone/Capstones.  Even though they are RA, I thought of them as similar to NA or lesser quality as you're just paying for credit transfer and other fees (doesn't that look degree mill'ish?).  I recommended people have a rounded education by taking the bulk of their courses (especially the last 30-60 credits) at a local college/university and for the first two years, community college or using the alternative testing methods.
Could you elaborate a bit more on the Bachelors to Masters route with WGU? Is it just a matter of completing the degree plans separately or is there some hybrid route they offer?
MrWileyCoyote, It's completing them individually, there isn't a hybrid system. They work on competencies and if you're really familiar with the subject matter, you can pretty much blast past everything relatively quickly. However, not everything is that easy said and done as there are objectives and assessments that have to be met before you go to the next set of courses. What I recommend is to get 90+ credits first for transfer and complete the Bachelors, apply and move onto the Masters. If you have the energy/time commitments strategically planned, you should be able to complete both in a very timely manner.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-29-2020, 03:19 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: MrWileyCoyote, It's completing them individually, there isn't a hybrid system.  They work on competencies and if you're really familiar with the subject matter, you can pretty much blast past everything relatively quickly.  However, not everything is that easy said and done as there are objectives and assessments that have to be met before you go to the next set of courses.  What I recommend is to get 90+ credits first for transfer and complete the Bachelors, apply and move onto the Masters.  If you have the energy/time commitments strategically planned, you should be able to complete both in a very timely manner.
Thank you sir. Been meaning to comment that on our last few interactions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 584 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 259 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 599 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,688 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 497 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 282 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 840 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,225 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 275 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden