Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Options needed to satisfy Excelsior BST Math Comp???
I haven't applied for admission to Excelsior yet (don't want to spend the $900 until I have to), but am looking for some BST Math component options.

I had an unofficial Excelsior College transcript evaluation performed last June and I still need 5 credits to satisfy the BST Math component. I have already earned 7: 2 in Algebra (Nuke School), 2 in Trig (Nuke School) & 3 in Statistics (SNHU).

My local community college offers a 5sh Calculus course, but it requires prereq's, i.e. Pre-Calc Algebra & Plane Trig or a satisfactory score on the placement test. And I don't know if EC will award 1 for 1 on the credits.

Are there any tests excluding Statistics, College Alg., Pre-Calc, and Calculus, that Excelsior awards credit for being in the category of college level Alg or above??? If I study for and pass the CLEP Calc exam, I'll still be 2 credits shy.

What about any on-line course recommendations that would fill the void?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Would this do "Analytic Geometry & Calculus" from Penn Foster?

http://www.PennFosterCollege.edu[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Thank you for the link. I took a look but was unable to find the course listings offered from Penn Foster.
wfb0l2c Wrote:Thank you for the link. I took a look but was unable to find the course listings offered from Penn Foster.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Just put - "Analytic Geometry & Calculus" in their search block. You may also have to look in the buiness and industrial center; call them and they can transfer you.

BTW: Classes are just $55.00 per credit hour and books, calculators and INCLUDED too!!

I also forgot to mention that Excelsior DOES ACCEPT Penn Foster credits too.

Good Luck!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Mr. Fey,

I called the Penn Foster number and was connected to the Bus & Indust center. The person that answered was not overly informed regarding course offerings, but she connected me with a supervisor who called me back. She is going to send me the catalog of courses offered that carry college credit. The course you referenced is a 4 Cr course. There may be some other upper-level math courses that will help me close the gap as I will still be 1cr shy. If not, I may still use PF for other degree needs in the future. I find it a little odd that they don't list the courses on their website; they are missing out on some of the marketshare. Thanks again for your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 720 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 402 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 686 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  CSM Math - what's it like? CircleT7 25 2,351 11-14-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 316 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  Excelsior---Liberal Arts Degree midnite123 5 558 10-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  online RA undergrad discrete math course nomaduser 12 1,043 09-08-2023, 12:56 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  2023-2024 Pell Grant Max: $7395 (Options to use this) bjcheung77 8 1,545 07-31-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CSM course as a math req natshar 13 1,183 07-20-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,248 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az