Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Other BSBA Programs allow max alternative credit?
(06-27-2019, 08:29 AM)SCYankee Wrote: As a father of four, everything seems expensive, even Liberty's decreased rate for veterans ($250 per credit). A few others offer the same, such as Purdue Global.

But, the Pell grant can be used? And it's $6000+? Wouldn't that make any program free that is within that price range?

Yep. That's the plan I'm taking. Exhaust the transfer credits at a cheap state university with a non traditional option and use the Pell grant to knock out the remaining 30 credits so it comes out for free. If I didn't have the Pell I would just do Charter Oak though.
(06-27-2019, 10:18 PM)Stoic Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 08:29 AM)SCYankee Wrote: As a father of four, everything seems expensive, even Liberty's decreased rate for veterans ($250 per credit). A few others offer the same, such as Purdue Global.

But, the Pell grant can be used? And it's $6000+? Wouldn't that make any program free that is within that price range?

Yep. That's the plan I'm taking. Exhaust the transfer credits at a cheap state university with a non traditional option and use the Pell grant to knock out the remaining 30 credits so it comes out for free. If I didn't have the Pell I would just do Charter Oak though.

Which university? A state u that allows 90 transfer/alt credits? Where?
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
(06-28-2019, 09:25 PM)SCYankee Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 10:18 PM)Stoic Wrote:

Which university? A state u that allows 90 transfer/alt credits? Where?
Examples:

Fort Hays State University (Bachelors of General Studies plus concentration in Business) *Very cheap and no entrance exams, or waiting, etc.
Peru State College (Their management BAS program looks good and I think they still got accelerated terms which is important to finish fast) 
The University of Maine YourPace competency program (I was enrolled here for a bit and they were quite liberal with granting credit, they also take Straighterline, so I bet they'll take all of your ACE, CLEP, DSST, etc)  
Umass Lowell online
Upper Iowa University online

There are more out there, but you'll have to do a bit of research. The good thing about these schools is that for the most part there are no tests or hard set pre-requirements.
Well that's a good start. And i don't mind doing more research (already spent days on it), but do you have a list of these? Thanks.
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,525 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,790 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,947 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 244 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 871 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 738 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  Alternative to Metropolia fcfcfc 6 695 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 284 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 696 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 484 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy