Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other options for Instantcert Spanish?
Wondering if there are any alternatives to Instantcert's Spanish course?
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ob...n_Language
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
Just curious and also wanting to make sure we're on the same page... Are you looking for another language or another option for Spanish? Is there a language you already know? For the best bang for the buck, the ACTFL would generate the most credits for the cost. For cheap, CLEP is free. Otherwise, if you're looking to take your time, Spanish at Study.com would be an option too.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Are you looking to take Spanish elsewhere? Or another language? What school is this for?
(04-30-2022, 06:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just curious and also wanting to make sure we're on the same page... Are you looking for another language or another option for Spanish?  Is there a language you already know?  For the best bang for the buck, the ACTFL would generate the most credits for the cost.  For cheap, CLEP is free.  Otherwise, if you're looking to take your time, Spanish at Study.com would be an option too.

I'm looking for foreign language credits for UMPI. I've been taking the Instantcert Spanish course, and so far I'm not a fan. Just wondering if there are any other options available. Not too worried about money, just time and difficulty.
Is Spanish new to you? Study.com also offers Spanish 101 which will transfer to UMPI. StraighterLine also has Spanish I which will transfer. Both Study and StraighterLine are far more you'd do at UMPI. You can also take a foreign language or sign language at a local community college and transfer it to UMPI. Yes American Sign Language is considered a foreign language at UMPI.
(05-01-2022, 08:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Is Spanish new to you? Study.com also offers Spanish 101 which will transfer to UMPI. StraighterLine also has Spanish I which will transfer. Both Study and StraighterLine are far more you'd do at UMPI. You can also take a foreign language or sign language at a local community college and transfer it to UMPI. Yes American Sign Language is considered a foreign language at UMPI.

Yes I'm fairly "new" to Spanish, haven't taken it since high school. Is UMPI less difficult/work than the Instantcert course?
(05-01-2022, 09:22 PM)IceSparkle Wrote: Yes I'm fairly "new" to Spanish, haven't taken it since high school. Is UMPI less difficult/work than the Instantcert course?

InstantCert is less work than the UMPI course. At UMPI you'll have to answer Milestones in Spanish. Then write a 500 word essay in Spanish answering a bunch of questions and record yourself answering questions in Spanish.
In that case, I would recommend sticking with InstantCertCredit for Spanish. Do you know another language? Otherwise, the CLEP and MS option or the Study.com Spanish I course would probably work for you as well...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-03-2022, 02:21 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: In that case, I would recommend sticking with InstantCertCredit for Spanish.  Do you know another language? Otherwise, the CLEP and MS option or the Study.com Spanish I course would probably work for you as well...

No, idk any other languages. I was just looking for affordable/quick foreign language credits. Haven’t been a huge fan of the ICC course so far

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 149 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 494 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 269 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Easiest Exams-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only InstantCert steelers 383 227,682 06-18-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  InstantCert InstantCREDIT Managerial Accounting Course Review OldManOfTheSea 21 6,701 11-13-2022, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Instantcert Credit Transcript uncoolbilly 2 1,014 10-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Instantcert keeps billing me monthly CCCC 7 1,780 08-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  InstantCertCredit - Spanish - ACE Changes uncoolbilly 45 5,328 07-26-2022, 11:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Exclamation Bring Back Spanish - at least until the end of 2022 uncoolbilly 8 1,344 07-24-2022, 01:34 PM
Last Post: uncoolbilly
  InstantCert Courses Expired? ss20ts 19 3,187 07-22-2022, 08:01 AM
Last Post: rachel83az