Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outlier.org - 2 For 1 Courses
Outlier.org
Your Degree Is Waiting
2 For 1 Courses
Start college now with no risks and all the rewards.

Get ahead for less when you buy one for-credit course and get one free. You’ll earn transferable college credits—and guaranteed admission to Degrees+ when you pass both courses.

That’s on top of the 50% savings you already get with Outlier vs. traditional college. And if you do the work and don’t pass, you’ll get a full refund. There’s no application to get started, so why wait?

Use code: 2FOR1OFFER

UNLOCK SPECIAL OFFER

World-Class Online Education
Experience cinematic lectures from top instructors and earn 3 transferable college credits from the University of Pittsburgh (a top 50 global school) all for 50% less than traditional college. We’re so sure you’ll succeed that if you do the work but don’t pass, you’ll get a full refund.

What are you waiting for?

GET STARTED
Click here to unsubscribe.

Outlier.org, Inc.
240 Kent Ave
Brooklyn, New York 11249
United States

Questions? Email us at hello@outlier.org.
2021 OUTLIER.ORG, INC ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Pay $597 and get two courses?
msa145 Wrote:Pay $597 and get two courses?

Here's the thing, if someone is looking at ASU EA/UL courses, those are $425 each. Outlier.org courses are going to be at least $100 cheaper and they're going to be on a transcript from the U of Pitts! The Uni's are similarly ranked, but U of Pitts should be higher if I recall correctly, you can confirm by reviewing their WIKI pages.

Previously, Outlier was $400/course, even with the bump to $597, with this 2 for 1 deal, you get it cheaper. Hopefully they allow registration of more courses or a purchase now - enroll later option. For those looking for RA, graded credits, and looking into a Masters later on, a transcript from a better known university may open doors.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • upgrayedd
Caveat: Outlier courses may come on a U of Pitts transcript, but they apparently have different course numbering than the courses that are taken directly from the university itself. You may or may not be able to get an appropriate syllabus. This can limit future transferability. Contrast with ASU UL classes where all classes are put on the transcript identically to ones taken in-person.

A good deal can still be a bad deal if it won't work for your purposes.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-16-2022, 04:30 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Caveat: Outlier courses may come on a U of Pitts transcript, but they apparently have different course numbering than the courses that are taken directly from the university itself. You may or may not be able to get an appropriate syllabus. This can limit future transferability. Contrast with ASU UL classes where all classes are put on the transcript identically to ones taken in-person.

But how often do you need a syllabus to transfer lower level general education courses?  I’d consider the special course numbers a bigger risk than the syllabus issue.
(12-16-2022, 06:37 AM)Courcelles Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 04:30 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Caveat: Outlier courses may come on a U of Pitts transcript, but they apparently have different course numbering than the courses that are taken directly from the university itself. You may or may not be able to get an appropriate syllabus. This can limit future transferability. Contrast with ASU UL classes where all classes are put on the transcript identically to ones taken in-person.

But how often do you need a syllabus to transfer lower level general education courses?  I’d consider the special course numbers a bigger risk than the syllabus issue.

IIRC, it's been an issue with Calculus. Depending on where you're transferring to/from, not all Calculus classes are created equal. Without even a syllabus, it gets rejected.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I'm not certain why anyone would think that taking 1 or 2 classes and getting a "U of Pitts!" transcript makes any difference to anyone, anywhere? Who cares?!? If you don't graduate from a school, then having some classes from there is practically useless in terms of bragging rights. If you go to Harvard or Stanford for 3 ½ years, then graduate from TESU, your degree just says "TESU" and nobody will know you went to Stanford/Harvard.

This is not a good enough reason to pay more for classes...it MAY be a decent deal if you need RA credits, but it's certainly not going to give you some sort of "cred" or "bump" in status.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • midnite123
dfrecore Wrote:I'm not certain why anyone would think that taking 1 or 2 classes and getting a "U of Pitts!" transcript makes any difference to anyone, anywhere? Who cares?!? If you don't graduate from a school, then having some classes from there is practically useless in terms of bragging rights. If you go to Harvard or Stanford for 3 ½ years, then graduate from TESU, your degree just says "TESU" and nobody will know you went to Stanford/Harvard.

This is not a good enough reason to pay more for classes...it MAY be a decent deal if you need RA credits, but it's certainly not going to give you some sort of "cred" or "bump" in status.

LOL, not sure why you're only focusing on the transcript alone, it's not the only reason I put the deal on here... People need to look at a 2 for 1 deal at every way possible to see if it's for them or not, check the pros and cons. It's like me buying my first 1980 Corolla at a used car dealership, I didn't buy it because it was 'poop brown' in color, it was the cheapest usable car on the lot and hit all the requirements I had for it... It's like buying a 2 for 1 meal at a new restaurant with a Groupon, who would care if you got it through Groupon or not! The same thing here, for those reading, decide for yourself.

Here's an example someone would go for this 2 in 1 deal: They don't like Sophia.org or Study.com for Calculus I or Computer Science I and want to take a more traditional approach. Instead of going to a community college or university, this would be a viable alternative. Especially since some people here get education reimbursed by Guild Education if their company goes that route. They're saving their company money and getting a 2 for 1. This is also viable for people who were posting comments on the original Outlier.org thread mentioning they'll take a course or two anyways, to test that system out, this saves them that 1 course. It's up to them to decide...

Here's an example for a con, they know they want the cheapest option possible, they know they're not going with Outlier.org anyways and would go for something else like TECEP or TEL Learning, whatever other RA options. The learning material isn't as concise or fit the quality of a real class. Some Sophia/Study.com courses are as I mentioned in the Beginners Guide, high school level as these are intro courses. Just like your post here, you can get it as cheap, easy, fast but what if it's not exactly what they're looking for? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid339151

For those reading, you decide if the 2 for 1 course sale is for you or not. All 'deals' on Slickdeals for example, may or may not apply to you. I only got this email as I grabbed one of their courses Nov 17 and starting in Jan 25. They sent this email to me to notify me of this deal and I'm posting it, it's not for the 'tip of the ice berg U of Pitts transcript' alone. That is just one minor of many reasons I would take the courses, it's the learning gained from it that counts more.

(12-18-2022, 02:25 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
dfrecore Wrote:I'm not certain why anyone would think that taking 1 or 2 classes and getting a "U of Pitts!" transcript makes any difference to anyone, anywhere?  Who cares?!?  If you don't graduate from a school, then having some classes from there is practically useless in terms of bragging rights.  If you go to Harvard or Stanford for 3 ½ years, then graduate from TESU, your degree just says "TESU" and nobody will know you went to Stanford/Harvard.

LOL, not sure why you're only focusing on the transcript alone, it's not the only reason I put the deal on here...  People need to look at a 2 for 1 deal at every way possible to see if it's for them or not, check the pros and cons.  It's like me buying my first 1980 Corolla at a used car dealership, I didn't buy it because it was 'poop brown' in color, it was the cheapest usable car on the lot and hit all the requirements I had for it...  It's like buying a 2 for 1 meal at a new restaurant with a Groupon, who would care if you got it through Groupon or not!  The same thing here, for those reading, decide for yourself.

I did say that there MAY be a reason to take an Outlier course - but having the transcript is not one of those.

I would also like to remind people that unlike ASU/UL courses, which don't go on the transcript until you choose to put it on - if you fail an Outlier course, it goes on your transcript as an "F" grade.  Yes, that UofPitts transcript, which stays with you forever, will have an F.  Getting a refund does not erase it, it just erases the money you spent.  So that is always something to consider when taking these courses.

I personally would highly recommend staying away from Outlier and going the ASU/UL route if you have that option.  It's just safer.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • rachel83az
The deal is back for those who understand the deal and need or want it... For those who have no use, you can move on with your current studies...

This Summer, make a break for your degree, without going broke. With 2 courses for the price of 1, you’ll graduate faster for less.

Get ahead on your degree—and closer to your goals—when you take 2 of the world’s best online courses. If you pass both courses, you’ll skip the line and get automatic admission to Degrees+! Save even more on courses that are already 50% less than traditional college. And if you do all the work and don’t pass, you’ll get a full refund.

You’ve got nothing to lose! Now’s the time to supercharge your summer and put your college goals on the fast track.

Use Promo Code: 2FOR1OFFER

UNLOCK SPECIAL OFFER - Don’t wait! This offer expires June 14, 2023.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • JPN

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,748 Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,761 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 568 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 674 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 298 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 573 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 458 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  outlier College Writing II liangju1@asu.edu 4 605 11-10-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77