Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over-studying?
anar579 Wrote:I had planned to take the Microeconomics exam today, but last night while doing the mock test from the official CLEP study guide, I didn't feel confident enough. So today I'm heading to the library to study what's really bothering me... the long term and short term differences in cost, revenue, and profit. And those graphs with like 5 lines in them, they're making me crazy!

Anyway, I took one Peterson's exam, and scored 73%, which is good and enough to pass, but I want to get a 60 for my A. I'm definitely taking this tomorrow, because if I go through the weekend with all this I might go insane (I'm even dreaming microeconomics)!

Ha ha, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I often find myself "reviewing" my study notes while I sleep. Also, once I have studied enough, and feel ready to take the exam, I HAVE to take it as soon as possible...before my brain begins to hemorrhage the information.
hilarious

If you are scoring 73% on the Peterson's, I have every confidence that you will do equally as well on the real thing.

Make the most of your studied today, and then go and kick some CLEP butt tomorrow!

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:Ha ha, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I often find myself "reviewing" my study notes while I sleep. Also, once I have studied enough, and feel ready to take the exam, I HAVE to take it as soon as possible...before my brain begins to hemorrhage the information.
hilarious

If you are scoring 73% on the Peterson's, I have every confidence that you will do equally as well on the real thing.

Make the most of your studied today, and then go and kick some CLEP butt tomorrow!

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
Well thanks for the vote of confidence, but...

I just finished the 50-question mock exam from the official study guide, and I only got 56%. I don't know if this mock test reflects the real Micro exam, but if it does I'm not so sure I'll do so well. I found it harder than Peterson's version. All the questions required you to really apply the concepts, and it seems i'm very lacking! Does anyone have any thoughts on the sample tests from the College Board and Peterson's and the real thing?

Despite this, I'll take the exam tomorrow. At this point I'm hoping for at least a B. Smile
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
anar579 Wrote:Well thanks for the vote of confidence, but...

I just finished the 50-question mock exam from the official study guide, and I only got 56%. I don't know if this mock test reflects the real Micro exam, but if it does I'm not so sure I'll do so well. I found it harder than Peterson's version. All the questions required you to really apply the concepts, and it seems i'm very lacking! Does anyone have any thoughts on the sample tests from the College Board and Peterson's and the real thing?

Despite this, I'll take the exam tomorrow. At this point I'm hoping for at least a B. Smile

Be confident! It's not easy to get a 73% on the Peterson's.

You can only do the best that you can Ana. That's all anybody expects of you.

Do great tomorrow and come back with good news for us!

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:Be confident! It's not easy to get a 73% on the Peterson's.

You can only do the best that you can Ana. That's all anybody expects of you.

Do great tomorrow and come back with good news for us!

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
I think Snazzlefrag should become a motivational speaker! hilarious
You actually made me feel better! Thanks!

For anyone who wants an additional study source if they don't "get" something in Microeconomics, I found a nice little outline that's clear and concise and has cleared a few things up for me.
[SIZE="1"]Ana
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Thanks for the outline link Anar569!! I will use it for more review on my Micro as well.

I'm sure you'll do just fine on the exam tomorrow!! Please report back and let us know...that you passed. Smile
anar579 Wrote:I think Snazzlefrag should become a motivational speaker! hilarious

For anyone who wants an additional study source if they don't "get" something in Microeconomics, I found a nice little outline that's clear and concise and has cleared a few things up for me.

Links like that are SO helpful Ana.

Whenever somebody posts a resource link, regardless of which exam it is for, I always save it in my Favorites folder for future use (even if I am not yet ready to take that particular exam). When the time comes for me to take the exam, I already have a list of useful web sites to aid in my studies.

Thanks Ana,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
anar579 Wrote:I think Snazzlefrag should become a motivational speaker! hilarious

Ha ha!

I'm glad I could help!

You're gonna do great tomorrow,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
anar579 Wrote:I had planned to take the Microeconomics exam today, but last night while doing the mock test from the official CLEP study guide, I didn't feel confident enough. So today I'm heading to the library to study what's really bothering me... the long term and short term differences in cost, revenue, and profit. And those graphs with like 5 lines in them, they're making me crazy!

Anyway, I took one Peterson's exam, and scored 73%, which is good and enough to pass, but I want to get a 60 for my A. I'm definitely taking this tomorrow, because if I go through the weekend with all this I might go insane (I'm even dreaming microeconomics)!
Hi Ana-
i looked up my test scores for micro and i found two peterson's test scores. i didn't mark which test was which, but i think on the first test i got a 73%, same as you, and on the second test i got a 70%. my clep score was 69, easily enough for an A from excelsior. good luck to you today! you'll do fine!!! Smile
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
yutzyj Wrote:Hi Ana-
i looked up my test scores for micro and i found two peterson's test scores. i didn't mark which test was which, but i think on the first test i got a 73%, same as you, and on the second test i got a 70%. my clep score was 69, easily enough for an A from excelsior. good luck to you today! you'll do fine!!! Smile
Hi Dawn,
Thanks for that info! I took a second Peterson's last night, and scored 71%. Your score results are really reassuring. I'm heading out to take the exam now. Thanks to everyone for your support!
[SIZE="1"]Ana
Ok, just took the CLEP Microeconomics, and passed with a 58, which gives me a B. I was disappointed to have missed the A/60 mark by 2 points, but I will take my score and run with it. I'll be happy if I never have to hear, see, or speak microeconomics again! Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]Ana

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Studying Through Brain Fog Stacie 35 3,020 08-03-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Studying on a Schedule, week by week RedBeardVII 11 1,323 10-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Last Post: wow
  Alternative sources for studying? Vle045 6 1,393 05-10-2021, 02:56 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Need help studying for CLEP? Free online CLEP course auggiekate 2 1,689 04-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Last Post: quigongene
  Studying for CLEP exams zapproximator 2 1,489 01-29-2018, 07:21 PM
Last Post: 2L8
  Who Is Studying Online (and Where) Life Long Learning 23 6,017 01-07-2018, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Is studying the Peterson practice Questions a waste of time? Sk8kennedy 5 1,896 09-25-2017, 03:31 PM
Last Post: TDHARRIS
  How much time should I be studying per day? 23 days until I take Biology CLEP exam fsarenas 13 5,520 06-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Tictac
  Need ideas for studying during long commute dfrecore 9 2,351 05-31-2017, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SolarKat
  How to begin studying for the US history 1 CLEP? ptp123 7 2,997 05-11-2017, 06:36 PM
Last Post: rrr