Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree
Hi there, I’m a newbie here and I’m glad I found you guys. I’m 40 and I’ve been in the financial industry for 15 yrs in relationship management/sales within banking and wealth management. 
For my roles I never really needed a college degree but I have always wanted to completed as a personal fulfillment, potential career progression and to lead my children as example, but I’ve been deferring it and finally I’d like to put the work on it. 
I have completed probably like 16 credits when I attempted college years ago. I’m looking to get your advice on a degree that I can complete fast, super affordable and mostly online. This degree could be within the financial realm or any other degree you may recommend as long as is not too long, fast to complete it, etc. 
I thank you in advance for your support! Rolleyes
@Freyo27, Welcome to the board, that's a good introduction post and have a few pieces of information, you really should follow the addendum and template, you can update your post with the information asked for here. we'll then see what may be an option for you to transfer your credits into. Most likely it'll be an associates and bachelors combo at UMPI: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Freyo27
(03-29-2024, 02:00 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Freyo27, Welcome to the board, that's a good introduction post and have a few pieces of information, you really should follow the addendum and template, you can update your post with the information asked for here. we'll then see what may be an option for you to transfer your credits into.  Most likely it'll be an associates and bachelors combo at UMPI: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Thank you for the guidance. I appreciate it! will update it right now, thanks  Rolleyes
Smile 
Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree

Hi there, I’m a newbie here and I’m glad I found you guys. I’m 40 and I’ve been in the financial industry for 15 yrs in relationship management/sales within banking and wealth management. 
For my roles I never really needed a college degree but I have always wanted to completed as a personal fulfillment, potential career progression and to lead my children as example, but I’ve been deferring it and finally I’d like to put the work on it. 
I have completed probably like 16 credits when I attempted college years ago. I’m looking to get your advice on a degree that I can complete fast, super affordable and mostly online. This degree could be within the financial realm or any other degree you may recommend as long as is not too long, fast to complete it, etc. 
I thank you in advance for your support! [Image: rolleyes.png]

Your Location: New York, NY
Your Age: 40
What kind of degree do you want?: I'm open to suggestions
Current Regional Accredited Credits:  I'd have to order a transcript to provide this info, honestly is not much 12-16 credits I don't recall but I wouldn't mind start over.

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: I'm not even sure I know about these, I'm going to stick that I don't have any credits from these.

Any certifications or military experience? No certifications yet, I have some securities and insurance licenses only (Financials) 

Budget: I would say bet. 5-7k budget.  I'd like to go the cheapest route possible, but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: I have a 13yr old son. I currently work full time but my schedule is very flexible because I work as self-employed and I can work on my studies part time or in the evenings/weekends.
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the night or weekends as long as my schedule is free. I estimate at least 2 hours every day. 
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal. 
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: The company I have contract with offers me reimbursements for specific financial designations related to my profession.
Great update, I suggest the Pierpont BOG AAS with an emphasis of your choice (most likely Info Systems), ladder that up to the UMPI BAS or BLS with a minor of your choice such as PM, MIS or Management, you can add the 3-4 classes that can be re-used for the UMPI MAOL later. Here's a sticky thread and it'll have all the links: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...one-it-yet
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Freyo27
(03-29-2024, 02:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Great update, I suggest the Pierpont BOG AAS with an emphasis of your choice (most likely Info Systems), ladder that up to the UMPI BAS or BLS with a minor of your choice such as PM, MIS or Management, you can add the 3-4 classes that can be re-used for the UMPI MAOL later.  Here's a sticky thread and it'll have all the links: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...one-it-yet

Thank you so much for the info!
I'll look into it asap

My deepest appreciation for you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's degree after an online degree Sherwood 15 772 Yesterday, 03:31 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 33 2,164 Yesterday, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  AFFORDABLE ONLINE MBA OR MASTER DEGREE predetaron 4 235 Yesterday, 03:57 AM
Last Post: predetaron
  Degree Advise/plan Wanted for a Canadian Student nbid 4 161 07-24-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Advice on Fast-Tracking a Bachelor's Degree in PM+IS from UMPI Fiona 4 195 07-23-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree plan advice MythrilFalcon 0 97 07-23-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: MythrilFalcon
  List of schools that will waive Gen Ed for second bachelor's degree seekers azmusic 1 221 07-20-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Cheapest U.S. bachelor’s degree for American residing abroad? wolfhq 3 226 07-19-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: wolfhq
  Looking for another BS degree option (non-IT) NewatTESU 10 614 07-18-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there any bachelor degree in photography or cinematography? NewatTESU 6 286 07-18-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: bluebooger