Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per credit tuition plan at TESC
Sanantone,

Couldn't they enroll under the per credit tuition plan to get locked in, take a TECEP and then change later down the line to enrolled options plan?
sanantone Wrote:TESC won't make you do anything. You can use whichever credit sources they accept. If you choose the Per Credit Tuition Plan, you won't be able to graduate under it if you don't have 24 credits in residence for the BA. Three credits will come from the required capstone. The other 21 credits can come from TECEPs, portfolio assessments, e-Packs, and guided study and online courses.

The Per Credit Tuition Plan works best if you plan on taking no courses or just the capstone at TESC, and you're comfortable with completing TECEPs and/or portfolios. The Enrolled Options Plan is best for those who want to mostly test out, but don't want to worry about the residency requirement under the Per Credit Tuition Plan. The last I heard, international students can't take TECEPs online yet; they have to take them on paper. The Comprehensive Tuition Plan is for those who want to take 24 or more credits per year in TESC courses. If you are choosing the Per Credit Tuition Plan, then you should enroll now because there is no reason not to enroll. All you have to do is take one TECEP to enroll. With the Enrolled Options Plan, you have to pay an over $3,000 enrollment fee each year. That's why it's advised to have your degree mostly completed before enrolling under this plan. You just have to keep in mind that the catalog and policies can change while you're not enrolled. Enrolled students have the catalog of the year they enrolled locked in.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
sheagang6 Wrote:Would transcripts need to be submitted right away when applying under the PPC plan at TESC? I have some AICPCU credits (ACE approved) & I'm not sure if they could/would be used toward a BSBA in General Mgmt. If they can, it would help to finalize some plans. Is there a link to find out if they are accepted by TESC and the equivalent course they would cover? Thanks in advance!

Applying under the PPC Plan is just like applying under any other plan. When you apply, you will need to send transcripts from all colleges attended. Whether or not you want to send an ACE transcript is up to you. It's best to have everything evaluated before you potentially duplicate credits. TESC won't tell you how ACE credits will transfer over until you send a transcript.

AngelaP Wrote:Sanantone,

Couldn't they enroll under the per credit tuition plan to get locked in, take a TECEP and then change later down the line to enrolled options plan?

According to an answer someone else received, you can switch tuition plans later.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:According to an answer someone else received, you can switch tuition plans later.

I just want to confirm this. I asked TESC about this, & was also told that if you enroll under the Per Credit Tuition plan, you can later switch to another enrollment plan. That's important if you don't have much money now, but know your situation may change in the future.
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,886 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,530 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,377 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,925 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,795 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,096 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,757 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,349 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,723 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,950 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM