Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Finance Study.com testing
So tonight I'll take my first Proctor U exam for the Study.com Personal Finance course.

Will the real exam mimic the practice exams? Are the questions similar/ the same? Based on my quiz scores the site says I only need a 59% to pass the exam but Im feeling insecure about the chapters that require calculations - interest rates etc.

Is it necessary to memorize the formulas: present value/future value etc?

And how do I know when the tests are able to be administered? I get home by 6 but want to do a quick cram so possibly take the test at 8pm EST? Is that too late? I was afraid to click the exam button to try it last night because I didn't want to be sucked into the exam vortex with no way to opt out
TESU Commencement - Saturday, September 23, 2017!

Goal: TESU, BSBA General Management by September 2017
68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month
Prin of Mgmt, Org Behavior, Bus Law, Prin of Fin (DSST)

November 2016
TESU Info Session (waived app fee + free breakfast)
Previous B&M - 45 cr. transferred
March 2017
Aleks - Intermediate Alg, College Alg, Intro to Stats
Institutes - Ethics
Guardian Scholarship Awarded 3/23/17
April 2017
Study.com - Personal Finance, Digital Marketing & Advertising
May 2017
World Religions, Pr. of Marketing
The proctor is actually RPNow - the difference is, with RPNow you can test literally anytime, 24/7, with no appointment. With Proctor U, you must have an appointment time set up in advance.

When you're ready, you'll be guided through the usual disclaimers/agreements (I won't cheat, I know they'll use my webcam to watch me, etc., etc.) and you'll download/run their software.

The few calculations are basic. I think there was a "which of these formulae is used to calculate...". It's 100 questions, so if you need a 59, you can get 41 wrong and still pass. Wink You'll rock it!
SolarKat Wrote:The proctor is actually RPNow - the difference is, with RPNow you can test literally anytime, 24/7, with no appointment. With Proctor U, you must have an appointment time set up in advance.

When you're ready, you'll be guided through the usual disclaimers/agreements (I won't cheat, I know they'll use my webcam to watch me, etc., etc.) and you'll download/run their software.

The few calculations are basic. I think there was a "which of these formulae is used to calculate...". It's 100 questions, so if you need a 59, you can get 41 wrong and still pass. Wink You'll rock it!

Thanks SolarKat! A little weight lifted knowing I can study and take the exam at midnight if I need to!

68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month

November 2016
March 2017
Institutes - Ethics
April 2017
May 2017
I passed it with an 85 and didn't even do the practice exams just the 5 question quizzes. You will be fine. The hardest part of the whole darn thing was doing the room scan, I must have did it 10 times before I was satisfied (oh I didn't get my whole desk in the shot, oh that was too blurry, too fast, I wonder if the map on the wall next to me is not acceptable, etc). Good luck.
TESU - BSBA-GM

54/120 CR

BM- 15 CR
ALEKS- College Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Trig, Intro to stats
Shmoop- Modern Europen History
Strighterline- English Comp II
CLEP- Analyzing and Interpreting lit- 55 (6cr)
The Institutes- Insurance Ethics (2cr)
Sophia- Developing Effective Teams (1cr)
Study.com- Principles of Management, Information Systems and Computer Applications, Organizational Management, Intro to Computing
cgf Wrote:I passed it with an 85 and didn't even do the practice exams just the 5 question quizzes. You will be fine. The hardest part of the whole darn thing was doing the room scan, I must have did it 10 times before I was satisfied (oh I didn't get my whole desk in the shot, oh that was too blurry, too fast, I wonder if the map on the wall next to me is not acceptable, etc). Good luck.

LOL! That was like me when I did my very first remote proctoring as I didn't know what to expect... now, it's like a specific routine.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
cgf Wrote:I passed it with an 85 and didn't even do the practice exams just the 5 question quizzes. You will be fine. The hardest part of the whole darn thing was doing the room scan, I must have did it 10 times before I was satisfied (oh I didn't get my whole desk in the shot, oh that was too blurry, too fast, I wonder if the map on the wall next to me is not acceptable, etc). Good luck.

I'm tempted to test in the bathroom since it has the least extra "stuff" of any room in the house. lol
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
a2jc4life Wrote:I'm tempted to test in the bathroom since it has the least extra "stuff" of any room in the house. lol

You would not believe it, I've worked in the bathroom before (few hours) but have never done a proctor exam in the bathroom (it's too tiny)!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
a2jc4life Wrote:I'm tempted to test in the bathroom since it has the least extra "stuff" of any room in the house. lol

Our house is in utter chaos, but my son has had no problems with his proctored exams - and he's taken over 20 of them. As long as your desk/pc area is free of papers and clutter, you're good.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice

My husband used to use our small walk-in-closet (empty) as his office, and hold conference calls there! It was the only closed, quiet, clean part of the house at the time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
UPDATE! I had a piece of paper on my desk but that was from the code they told me to write down. I used it to try to figure a percentage of 5 million - because of course my brain went all South Park's Timmy on me. The words at the bottom said I got 90 out of 100 correct, which i can only imagine is a good thing. But I guess they'll tell me if my score counts pending the "investigation" of my study set up.

1 down. 22 to go.

68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month

November 2016
March 2017
Institutes - Ethics
April 2017
May 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 268 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 213 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 333 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,223 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,281 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 924 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study Together Validity + Benefits Stacie 0 414 07-26-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,053 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM