Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts)
(10-13-2020, 08:21 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 07:39 PM)echo64 Wrote: ACE credit just got accepted so my sister should have her AAS by the end of the year. A lot of her courses came in as FREL but you'll have to speak to the BOG advisor (Nancy Parks) who will work with your credits to get them to meet the requirements. She just got an e-mail finalizing the december degree conferral and hopefully everything works out, she could use the pick me up.
That's great!

Incidentally, if any of your sister's ACE credits were from Sophia, I would be grateful if you could post equivalencies that were accepted by Pierpont for Gen Eds.

Environmental science for her SCI/Math requirement and Sociology for the Humanities requirement were the Sophia credits accepted I believe. The Science one came in as FREL but it seems the BOG advisor is accepting it to meet the science requirement, I'll give you any updates in the following days to see if the registrar says anything to the contrary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes echo64's post:
  • rachel83az
I might need to just send them my credits and see what happens, lol. I doubt they'll award the degree, given my credits already being part of a degree, but there's no harm in trying to collect more pieces of paper...
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(10-14-2020, 01:25 AM)Thorne Wrote: I might need to just send them my credits and see what happens, lol. I doubt they'll award the degree, given my credits already being part of a degree, but there's no harm in trying to collect more pieces of paper...

The BOG is only awarded to students that have NOT previously earned a degree.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hsfamfun's post:
  • nomaduser
(10-14-2020, 12:23 AM)echo64 Wrote: Environmental science for her SCI/Math requirement and Sociology for the Humanities requirement were the Sophia credits accepted I believe. The Science one came in as FREL but it seems the BOG advisor is accepting it to meet the science requirement, I'll give you any updates in the following days to see if the registrar says anything to the contrary.

Now that's a fascinating development.  I wonder if it means that the BOG requirements are more flexible than they first appear.

Thanks!
(10-15-2020, 03:54 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 12:23 AM)echo64 Wrote: Environmental science for her SCI/Math requirement and Sociology for the Humanities requirement were the Sophia credits accepted I believe. The Science one came in as FREL but it seems the BOG advisor is accepting it to meet the science requirement, I'll give you any updates in the following days to see if the registrar says anything to the contrary.

Now that's a fascinating development.  I wonder if it means that the BOG requirements are more flexible than they first appear.

Thanks!

They are.  Just reach out to Nancy Parks - she is VERY helpful.  The only thing I need to do is the 1 cr class for the transcript.  That seems to be a lot of work for 1 cr but it's not unbearable.

Nancy is a true help!
You might want to review the thread or another thread, I recall there was a 1 credit requirement for getting a transcript, but some post mentioned they have a solution for that now, it was a month or two ago. This means, a transcript is an option without the need to take a course at Pierpont! It'll truly be FREE, except for the transcripts you send them of course....
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-15-2020, 11:19 PM)BrianFallon Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 03:54 PM)ctcarl Wrote:

Thanks!

They are.  Just reach out to Nancy Parks - she is VERY helpful.  The only thing I need to do is the 1 cr class for the transcript.  That seems to be a lot of work for 1 cr but it's not unbearable.

Nancy is a true help!

Yeah, Nancy Parks is the one recommending Sophia too so they are very flexible. I want to ask her info regarding the WVU's Regents Bachelors of Arts I wonder how that will fit in with the BOG AAS.
Nancy Parks is amazing!

My boyfriend applied today for a BOG AAS because he got 79 credits from a community college and they're refusing his degree because of an enrollment fee issue before California had free education. But they sent his transcript out for free LOL
ashkir Wrote:Nancy Parks is amazing!

My boyfriend applied today for a BOG AAS because he got 79 credits from a community college and they're refusing his degree because of an enrollment fee issue before California had free education. But they sent his transcript out for free LOL

That's great about the transcripts, what was the amount owing? If it's just an application or something like a nominal enrolment fee, then get those paid off as the BOG AAS technically is FREE except for sending them transcripts. It's a perfect first associates degree as most if not all credits can be reused for another associates or ladder into a Bachelors...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rachel83az
How to send them any credits from CLEP, since usually those are sent directly from the test to the school?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 349 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 157 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 354 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 548 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 546 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 816 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,463 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,207 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 881 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,219 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM