Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS Update (Re: Transcripts)
(09-10-2021, 09:29 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Just checking to see if anyone got their August diploma yet.

Nothing yet but did get a newsletter from them today.
(09-10-2021, 03:01 PM)GusGus16 Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 09:29 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Just checking to see if anyone got their August diploma yet.

Same Smile
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

(09-10-2021, 05:20 PM)TINASAM Wrote:

Same Smile
The same for me as well.

Nothing yet, just a newsletter.
(08-05-2021, 01:16 PM)usul Wrote: I asked Pierpont what is the proper way to represent this degree and you must indicate your major as BOG.  Below is how it should look.

Pierpont Community & Technical College, Fairmont, WV - 2021
Associate of Applied Science degree, Board of Governors program
Area of Emphasis: Information Systems

Nice to know. I now have 4 family members with this Pierpont degree including myself. I've never been sure quite how to list it. I just put BOG Associate of Applied Science and explain myself to anyone interviewing me. This degree shows up on the clearinghouse just fine so HR already knows I have a degree.

(08-20-2021, 12:09 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Agreed.  Can't figure out the point of it at all.  I can't even really figure out the point of an AA for most people in the first place, let alone a 2nd generic one.

I have something like 95 RA credits but I dropped out for reasons which I won't go into here. Looks better than just saying I dropped out of college and the only reason I have my current cushy position is because of the AAS. A checkbox is a checkbox, it's not like I apply to FAANG with this thing.
Pierpont BOG AAS: AOS Information Systems  - 2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes echo64's post:
  • SteveFoerster
(09-12-2021, 06:19 AM)echo64 Wrote: I have something like 95 RA credits but I dropped out for reasons which I won't go into here. Looks better than just saying I dropped out of college and the only reason I have my current cushy position is because of the AAS. A checkbox is a checkbox, it's not like I apply to FAANG with this thing.

You should let Nancy know!
(09-12-2021, 08:10 AM)lacussucceed Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 06:19 AM)echo64 Wrote: I have something like 95 RA credits but I dropped out for reasons which I won't go into here. Looks better than just saying I dropped out of college and the only reason I have my current cushy position is because of the AAS. A checkbox is a checkbox, it's not like I apply to FAANG with this thing.

You should let Nancy know!

When I graduated I let her know how I got a promotion at work because of it; my AAS was the deciding factor.
Pierpont BOG AAS: AOS Information Systems  - 2019
Nancy said they were a little late in getting the diplomas out but if we haven't received them by Friday to let her know.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

(09-01-2021, 09:22 PM)Skirtlet Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 01:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Skirtlet Wrote:I haven’t received my August diploma yet either. I can’t wait.  Cool

Gasp! You joined the dark side!  Haha, I just noticed your alias from the sister board...
Anyways, congrats, you'll be getting your POG AAS anytime soon now...

Just curious, have you decided on the Bachelors the way I laid it out for you?
Your best bet is to contact both Excelsior and NYU in regards to concurrent studies.

DegreeInfo Post #39 Link: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-556434
Post #42 Link: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-556533

Dark side indeed. ? Thanks, I’m so excited to have a degree to my name while I pursue the other degree so I’m stalking the mailbox for the Pierpont diploma. I have decided to do the 2 bachelor’s in the way you suggested. This semester I’m doing NYU, UoP, and a local online college (it was free). None cared that I was attending elsewhere so far. I couldn’t defer NYU or I would have to reapply. Next semester I plan to either do NYU classes up to the limit of my NYU school scholarship and use Pell for Excelsior, or do NYU full-time with Pell and pay for Excelsior next semester myself. I did some more Sophia classes so I only have 7 credits for Excelsior to do next semester, then I plan to not confer the Excelsior degree until I’m done with NYU. If I ever did need a quickie degree, I would have the Excelsior requirements already done (after next semester) and could confer within a few months. Even if Excelsior were to add a few more classes to their degree requirements before I’m done with NYU, I wouldn’t mind taking enough at Excelsior to get a 2nd degree from them. Excelsior would be almost ‘free’ after Pell. I’ve thought about letting NYU take longer than I had planned at first so I can utilize more of the NYU private scholarships each year, but we’ll see. I’m anxious for a degree so I might just fork over more myself the last semester or 2 for NYU when the time comes.

Be careful. You can't usually use financial aid at two different schools at the same time. At least that is true with Government aid. Yes you can attend multiple schools at once and there is no law against that at all, especially if you are paying out of pocket. But using financial aid at multiple schools at once is where it gets tricky. So be extra careful with everything.

Also I'm not sure if you'd be able to complete you Excelsior degree not confer it and then come back say a year or two later to confer it without anymore work. They might make you do another class or something to finish. Maybe do everything but the 1 credit info lit and save that for last. Also check Excelsiors 2nd degree policy. For example TESU requires your 2nd bachelors degree have 24 credits which must be earned after the conferral date of the 1st bachelor. They are very strict on this. So make sure Excelsior doesn't have a similar policy.

Also some schools don't let you earn a similar degree if you already have a similar one. I know for for example many schools won't let you earn a Bachelors of Business if you already have a bachelors of business from another school. Its an accreditation issue. What is your major at NYU? Excelsior? And are you also completing a degree at UofP and local college? Just make sure all your majors are different enough they will be allowed.
Got it!

.jpg   20210916_070341(1).jpg (Size: 119.79 KB / Downloads: 79)
[-] The following 4 users Like usul's post:
  • deucess, NoStudentNoCry, rachel83az, uncapentin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 466 Yesterday, 12:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 139 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 889 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 679 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 779 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 756 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 671 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,040 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,729 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,372 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP