Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS
I would just apply to TESU, send them your transcripts, and then start taking courses and sending them over. Register for a LL TECEP at some point for $75. Then when you're at 60cr, request your transcripts be sent. There are no additional fees at TESU for just remaining enrolled (no per-term fees like COSC).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-11-2018, 11:18 AM)davewill Wrote: For TESU it costs a $75 application fee plus a $75 TECEP test to become enrolled for a year. To extend each additional year, take another TECEP. They also have a $300 credit banking option, but it's cheaper to become an enrolled student.

(08-11-2018, 10:50 AM)Faceparade Wrote: ...
I’m looking to get ceritified as a Histotechnician from ASCP.
https://www.ascp.org/content/docs/defaul...f?sfvrsn=2

If you search for “transcript” on the page you’ll see the requirements. Actually now that I think about it, only COSC meets the accreditation requirements. And Pierpont as well.
That document doesn't talk about the cert you're trying for. Where it does talk about transcripts and accreditation, it only says it has to be RA, nothing else special that would keep TESU from being an option.

Page 5-6 HT cert
Page 21 accreditation

(08-11-2018, 06:36 PM)Faceparade Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 11:18 AM)davewill Wrote: For TESU it costs a $75 application fee plus a $75 TECEP test to become enrolled for a year. To extend each additional year, take another TECEP. They also have a $300 credit banking option, but it's cheaper to become an enrolled student.

If you search for “transcript” on the page you’ll see the requirements. Actually now that I think about it, only COSC meets the accreditation requirements. And Pierpont as well.
That document doesn't talk about the cert you're trying for. Where it does talk about transcripts and accreditation, it only says it has to be RA, nothing else special that would keep TESU from being an option.

Page 5-6 HT cert
Page 21 accreditation

Maybe you linked the wrong document? Page 5 talks about a cert for ROUTINE HISTOTECHNOLOGY but it requires a bachelor's degree, says m nothing about an associate's option, and there is no page 21. Page 7 lists the accreditation requirements but it's just the regular list of regional accreditors which certainly includes TESU.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(08-11-2018, 09:53 PM)davewill Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 06:36 PM)Faceparade Wrote:

Page 5-6 HT cert
Page 21 accreditation

Maybe you linked the wrong document? Page 5 talks about a cert for ROUTINE HISTOTECHNOLOGY but it requires a bachelor's degree, says m nothing about an associate's option, and there is no page 21. Page 7 lists the accreditation requirements but it's just the regular list of regional accreditors which certainly includes TESU.

Hm, weird. Here’s a quote:

At least 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of academic credit from a regionally accredited college/university, with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry (must include credit hours in both), or an associate degree from a regionally accredited college/university, with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry (must include credit hours in both),
• AND one year of full time acceptable experience in a histopathology (clinical, veterinary, industry or research) laboratory in the U.S., Canada or an accredited laboratory* within the last five years.

As far as TESU qualifying, you’re totally right. It’s fine.
Table of Contents references 3 credentials in this document:
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Qualification in Apheresis, QIA ............................................ 4
Qualification in Immunohistochemistry, QIHC................... 4-5
Qualification in Laboratory Safety, QLS ............................... 5

What am I missing?
(08-12-2018, 06:28 AM)cookderosa Wrote: Table of Contents references 3 credentials in this document:
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Qualification in Apheresis, QIA ............................................ 4
Qualification in Immunohistochemistry, QIHC................... 4-5
Qualification in Laboratory Safety, QLS ............................... 5

What am I missing?

I’m not sure why everyone is seeing something different than I am.
https://www.ascp.org/content/board-of-ce...ifications
Click on th purple box entitled “US certifications” > “+HT”
That's a completely different link from the first one. Anyway, the important part is that you don't have to go to just Pierpont or COSC. However, I would contact these folks and make crystal clear that they won't reject Bio and Chem credits earned from alternative sources before getting them that way. I think there's a good chance they'll take them, but I would not assume so.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Tedium
(08-12-2018, 10:04 AM)davewill Wrote: That's a completely different link from the first one. Anyway, the important part is that you don't have to go to just Pierpont or COSC. However, I would contact these folks and make crystal clear that they won't reject Bio and Chem credits earned from alternative sources before getting them that way. I think there's a good chance they'll take them, but I would not assume so.

Great idea thanks.
(08-12-2018, 11:05 AM)Faceparade Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 10:04 AM)davewill Wrote: That's a completely different link from the first one. Anyway, the important part is that you don't have to go to just Pierpont or COSC. However, I would contact these folks and make crystal clear that they won't reject Bio and Chem credits earned from alternative sources before getting them that way. I think there's a good chance they'll take them, but I would not assume so.

Great idea thanks.

If they won't take the bio and chem from alternative sources then you take the bio and chem through one the NM community colleges cheaply (unless you live in CA then that CC is cheaper) and then transfer everything else (through alternative credit methods) in for that TESU ASNSM Biology I mentioned (or other general associates from another RA school).  I used Clovis (http://www.clovis.edu/) for my Biol w/labs as I mentioned - no costly kits and low cost book rental, but NMJR (http://www.nmjc.edu/) may offer them as well.  I truly believe that career wise and Associates in Biology along with your certification will look better on a resume than either a general associates degree (no major) or no degree at all (just 60 credits needed for the certification).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-12-2018, 03:39 PM)allvia Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 11:05 AM)Faceparade Wrote:

Great idea thanks.

If they won't take the bio and chem from alternative sources then you take the bio and chem through one the NM community colleges cheaply (unless you live in CA then that CC is cheaper) and then transfer everything else (through alternative credit methods) in for that TESU ASNSM Biology I mentioned (or other general associates from another RA school).  I used Clovis (http://www.clovis.edu/) for my Biol w/labs as I mentioned - no costly kits and low cost book rental, but NMJR (http://www.nmjc.edu/) may offer them as well.  I truly believe that career wise and Associates in Biology along with your certification will look better on a resume than either a general associates degree (no major) or no degree at all (just 60 credits needed for the certification).

Just spoke to ASCP. They only require that the credits be listed as a course given by the college. It’s my understanding that when you transfer the credits, they turn them into their own course number. Am I correct? She also said that Labs were not required. But if course I’ll taken them if they help add up to the 12 credits. So I’ll need to see how TESU awards credits from CLEP. I agree that getting an Associates in Bio is preffereable to the general or even just 60 credits. But I wouldn’t mind the general.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 88 Yesterday, 06:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 500 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 166 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 895 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 699 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 784 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 767 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 676 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,057 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,741 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares