Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help with a quick degree for a promotion
No, you only have to do ONE paper or exam (usually papers) for UMPI classes. Nowhere near as much work as PLA. Or even Study.com classes. SDC classes tend to require multiple assignments that are longer or more ambiguous than what you'll find at UMPI.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-12-2021, 12:43 AM)Draconikx Wrote: I'm not doing anything from Sophia. Saylor.org and Study.com are pretty easy/fast for me I checked both out basically all I have to do is pass the final since the assignments are a joke. Uexcel/TECEP might cover some stuff I need as well.
Basically I meant that I'm unwilling to do a ton of assignments and essays that are similar to what a portfolio assessment would be like, which is what I'm assuming UMPI might be like so I'd like to know for sure because if that's the case then its out of the question. The cornerstone and capstone might be assignment based but it's only two courses I'll deal with it.
What does "RA courses" stand for? I'm not familiar with that term sorry.

Oh, I see. Then UMPI is probably not the best choice for you. The assignments are not terrible IMO, but you'll have to deal with more than 2 courses.  
I think you'd better stick with Big 3.

RA courses - courses from regionally accredited colleges/universities. TECEP/UExcel exams count as RA credits.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(11-12-2021, 12:43 AM)Draconikx Wrote: I'm not doing anything from Sophia. Saylor.org and Study.com are pretty easy/fast for me I checked both out basically all I have to do is pass the final since the assignments are a joke. Uexcel/TECEP might cover some stuff I need as well.
Basically I meant that I'm unwilling to do a ton of assignments and essays that are similar to what a portfolio assessment would be like, which is what I'm assuming UMPI might be like so I'd like to know for sure because if that's the case then its out of the question. The cornerstone and capstone might be assignment based but it's only two courses I'll deal with it.
What does "RA courses" stand for? I'm not familiar with that term sorry.

You're wrong about your assumption about UMPI. It's not a portfolio assessment. You write 1 paper, project, or take an exam for each course. Every course is different. Few degrees at UMPI have a cornerstone or capstone.

RA Courses are classes from a regionally accredited college which you need for TESU and COSC.
Thank you for the clarification guys.
Almost all of my listed courses are RA then, would those be enough for a bachelors degree at TESU or COSC or would I need additional ones/UL ones?
I'm not sure I would be a good fit for UMPI, I do want the degree fast but I'm also on the lazy side if I have no interest in what I'm learning so not sure I could actually get myself to do 30credits in the span of a few weeks and if I take longer the cost would add up from my understanding.
(11-12-2021, 02:52 PM)Draconikx Wrote: Thank you for the clarification guys.
Almost all of my listed courses are RA then, would those be enough for a bachelors degree at TESU or COSC or would I need additional ones/UL ones?
I'm not sure I would be a good fit for UMPI, I do want the degree fast but I'm also on the lazy side if I have no interest in what I'm learning so not sure I could actually get myself to do 30credits in the span of a few weeks and if I take longer the cost would add up from my understanding.

With TESU/COSC/UMPI, you need 120 credits to graduate. However, your associate's degree has around 60 credits.

Purdue, your credits come in 1.5x, so you start with around 90 credits. Next, you take the PHP exam, that's 39 credits you pick up in 1-2 days of studying, including 24UL credits. 

Next, take a few more classes at Sophia for General Education core and take UL at Purdue or Study.com, then you are ready to start classes at Purdue.

You can bring in up to 135 credits with Purdue, so you would have to do 8/9 total classes with Purdue.  You pay $195 a month for classes, so if you don't like how things are going, you can leave the school.  Purdue is 180 credits to graduate.

If you go the TESU route, you make a degree plan, then get all the classes you need for the degree. Last you take the cornerstone/capstone at TESU to get your degree.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-12-2021, 07:47 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 02:52 PM)Draconikx Wrote: Thank you for the clarification guys.

With TESU/COSC/UMPI, you need 120 credits to graduate. However, your associate's degree has around 60 credits.

Purdue, your credits come in 1.5x, so you start with around 90 credits. Next, you take the PHP exam, that's 39 credits you pick up in 1-2 days of studying, including 24UL credits. 

Next, take a few more classes at Sophia for General Education core and take UL at Purdue or Study.com, then you are ready to start classes at Purdue.

You can bring in up to 135 credits with Purdue, so you would have to do 8/9 total classes with Purdue.  You pay $195 a month for classes, so if you don't like how things are going, you can leave the school.  Purdue is 180 credits to graduate.

If you go the TESU route, you make a degree plan, then get all the classes you need for the degree. Last you take the cornerstone/capstone at TESU to get your degree.
I know I need at least 120 credits for a bachelors degree in total, I meant to ask whether the 40 or so RA credits I'd be bringing in with my AS degre fulfill the RA credit requirement at those schools or would I need a portion of that req to be UL credits?

OK hold up Purdue looks confusing, are we talking about the exceltrack Info Tech degree here? 
Where do you get the 195$ per month from? All I'm seeing is the 2500$ per term fee (no clue how long a term is, assuming around 3 months)

What's the PHP exam? - the prog language? o.0 I know other ones but not that

TESU is out right off the bat they're expensive and don't even allow a payment plan.
(11-13-2021, 02:36 PM)Draconikx Wrote: I know I need at least 120 credits for a bachelors degree in total, I meant to ask whether the 40 or so RA credits I'd be bringing in with my AS degre fulfill the RA credit requirement at those schools or would I need a portion of that req to be UL credits?

OK hold up Purdue looks confusing, are we talking about the exceltrack Info Tech degree here? 
Where do you get the 195$ per month from? All I'm seeing is the 2500$ per term fee (no clue how long a term is, assuming around 3 months)

What's the PHP exam? - the prog language? o.0 I know other ones but not that

TESU is out right off the bat they're expensive and don't even allow a payment plan.

I don't know where they got $195 a month from.

ExcelTrack is $2,500 plus fees per term. Their terms are 10 weeks long.
$195/mo at PUG is apparently for ONE degree: BS in Professional Studies. This is essentially a BALS degree, but for more technically-minded people than the average BALS degree.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(11-13-2021, 11:13 PM)rachel83az Wrote:  but for more technically-minded people 

https://catalog.purdueglobal.edu/undergr...tudies-bs/

Concentration Requirements 
* Leadership
* Supply Chain Logistics
* Industrial/Organizational Psychology

ugh, not what i expected

but then over here I noticed 

"Students in this program are not required to select a concentration."
https://catalog.purdueglobal.edu/undergr...eeplantext

now it sounds interesting
Bear in mind that one of the cheapest/easiest ways to get credit for the degree is the W3Schools PHP exam.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 5 107 Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 118 Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,688 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 190 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,546 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 208 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 622 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,074 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 247 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,205 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK