Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help with my plan. TESU ACCOUNTING
Yes I saw that the only benefit of using the degree plan that I used was not having to take Cost Account. I am ok either way with either plan because I dont mind taking one or two additional classes. I didn't see any other differences. Did I miss anything?

Nope, rest looks good. Just need mom 16 credits TESU and 30 total RA.

I came up with a plan 2 do more UExcel and reduce TESU down to one term and a bit. 

But it was cutting it too close for me.

In the end I’ll just do 2 easy terms at TESU and if I have spare time start cramming for the CPA exam.

When are you hoping to pass the CPA?

(09-26-2021, 04:16 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:13 PM)thecontrarian Wrote: UMPI has much more flexible and lower cost options that TESU.

I made a plan for it, but I’m only 18. They don’t want u unless u turn 20.

At 19 TESU is only option for u.

Not too big deal though, in NJ TESU is very well known respected. You meet lots of people with TESU degree etc.

Does the CPA board accept UMPI degree? I dont mind waiting to enroll till I am 20. Does it work the same as TESU? How much lower cost does it end up being?

NJ board doesn’t care about your degree other than regionally accredited and ...

24 credits biz.
24 credits accounting.

It’s one of the best boards out there.

Others like Texas etc are more headache.

Also don’t worry too much about frugal bro. Spend $7K to pass the board and walk into a CPA job making $90K in year 1 all over the north east. Same applies for Tech being so close to NYC. I could never have done this without this forum.
I am hoping to finish this degree within a year of now. Then study for the CPA.

I was hoping to do as little as possible at TESU. I cant really afford two semesters there. 

Is it possible to do just the 16 credits at TESU and get the rest of the RA credits from elsewhere?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(09-26-2021, 04:29 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: I am hoping to finish this degree within a year of now. Then study for the CPA.

I was hoping to do as little as possible at TESU. I cant really afford two semesters there. 

Is it possible to do just the 16 credits at TESU and get the rest of the RA credits from elsewhere?

Sub 5 UExcel and TEL courses to get the required TESU credits down to 16 so u avoid RW.

Theoretically, that could be done in one term. Rachel has posted a way to complete 16 for IT.

Another way is using EPacks.

For me it was just uncomfortable. Yes, I’d be saving $2K maybe, but compressing too much stuff.
(09-26-2021, 04:40 PM)thecontrarian Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:29 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: I am hoping to finish this degree within a year of now. Then study for the CPA.

Sub 5 UExcel and TEL courses to get the required TESU credits down to 16 so u avoid RW.

Theoretically, that could be done in one term. Rachel has posted a way to complete 16 for IT.

For me it was just uncomfortable. Yes, I’d be saving $2K maybe, but compressing too much stuff.

Can all the UL courses be done outside of TESU? And all I need is the 16 credits?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(09-26-2021, 04:45 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 04:40 PM)thecontrarian Wrote:

Can all the UL courses be done outside of TESU? And all I need is the 16 credits?

Yes, apart from Cornerstone and Capstone, you can do all the UL stuff outside.

Now one thing to note, UL accounting courses are not everywhere.

You’re limited to SDC and UNA really. When I was looking at this it seemed if I really wanted to go hardcore, I could do 1 Tecep, 6 SDC and 1 UNA to give me all my accounting stuff for easy cheddar.
I would take Financial Accounting at Study.com, because when you do that, there is a lot of overlap in subsequent courses.

I see some additional issues/changes to make:
1) GOG-230: World Geography should be slotted in the SocSci area
2) CIS-107: Computer Concepts & Applications will be slotted in the Computers section of the Core, so no need to take the Sophia course; also, you have it listed twice
3) A&I Lit will be slotted in the Humanities area
4) You need 2 sciences (nat or computer) - I'd probably do SDC's BUS 109: Intro to Computing (prior to the TESU Computers course); and Sophia's Environmental Science
5) Take BUS 113: Business Communication instead of BUS 324: Managerial Communication
6) Take BUS 120: International Business instead of BUS 308: Globalization and International Management
7) CSM Learn course will go to the core in Business Analysis
8) Take a Stats course
9) Cost Accounting is required, I'd continue with Study.com for that (overlap)
10) Federal Income Taxation should be done via TECEP or UNA (below)
11) Advanced Accounting II - required, and no easy to get this except TESU, so I'd do that during your 16cr term
12) Speaking of, you call it a semester, but it's a 12-week term, so keep that in mind
13) I'd do the Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP for more RA credit
This leaves you with 31cr RA, including 16cr RA in a single term; all that's remaining is 5cr of Free Electives (and I'd do Sophia's Intro to IT, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, and Developing Effective Teams

Univ of Northern Alabama Accounting Career Completion Program ($545/course): https://www.una.edu/business/accounting-career-program/
- AC463P: Financial Statement Auditing I (3cr RA + UL)
- AC467P: Financial Statement Auditing II (3cr RA + UL)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Is there a place I can fit this in besides electives? Analyzing and Int Literature - 6 credits
I already have the CLEP credits and I decided to take Cost accounting in case I want the masters from TESU.
So i have 127 credits now.

(09-26-2021, 04:50 PM)dfrecore1) GOG-230: World Geography should be slotted in the SocSci area Wrote: Do you mean this area? B. Civic and Global Leadership (9 Credits) 
Where do you suggest I get this done because now I have more than 16 credits for my 16 credit semester.

2) CIS-107: Computer Concepts & Applications will be slotted in the Computers section of the Core, so no need to take the Sophia course; also, you have it listed twice
3) A&I Lit will be slotted in the Humanities area
This area? C. Knowledge of Human Cultures (15 Credits)
4) You need 2 sciences (nat or computer) - I'd probably do SDC's BUS 109: Intro to Computing (prior to the TESU Computers course); and Sophia's Environmental Science
5) Take BUS 113: Business Communication instead of BUS 324: Managerial Communication
6) Take BUS 120: International Business instead of BUS 308: Globalization and International Management
7) CSM Learn course will go to the core in Business Analysis
Under Quantitative Skills for Business?
8) Take a Stats course
Would that be through Sophia?
9) Cost Accounting is required, I'd continue with Study.com for that (overlap)
10) Federal Income Taxation should be done via TECEP or UNA (below)
11) Advanced Accounting II - required, and no easy to get this except TESU, so I'd do that during your 16cr term
12) Speaking of, you call it a semester, but it's a 12-week term, so keep that in mind
Can I still take 16 credits in that term?
13) I'd do the Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP for more RA credit
Where would that fit in?
This leaves you with 31cr RA, including 16cr RA in a single term; all that's remaining is 5cr of Free Electives (and I'd do Sophia's Intro to IT, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, and Developing Effective Teams
Univ of Northern Alabama Accounting Career Completion Program ($545/course): https://www.una.edu/business/accounting-career-program/
- AC463P: Financial Statement Auditing I (3cr RA + UL)
- AC467P: Financial Statement Auditing II (3cr RA + UL)
Is this for the Auditing and Advanced Auditing requirement?
I am not sure if I put all of these in the right slots.

A. Intellectual and Practical Skills (15 Credits)

ENC-101 English Composition I                 Sophia.org 3
ENC-102 English Composition II                 Sophia.org 3
COM-209 Public Speaking                          Sophia.org 3
MAT-121 College Algebra                         Sophia.org 3
SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy Cornerstone   TESU -16 credit semester 3
B. Civic and Global Leadership (9 Credits)
SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology                    CLEP DONE ALREADY 3
ETH-230 Ethics in the Digital Age                     UEXCEL  Business Ethics 3
POS-110 American Government                          CLEP DONE ALREADY 3
GOG-230 World Geography                                TESU -16 credit semester 3
C. Knowledge of Human Cultures (15 Credits)
HIS-113 American History I                                    CLEP DONE ALREADY 3
HIS 114 American History II                                 CLEP DONE ALREADY 3
LIT 291 1 Analyzing and Int Literature - 6                 credits CLEP ALREADY DONE 6

D. Scientific Knowledge (6 Credits)
BUS 109 Intro to computing                                    Study.com 3
Environmental Science                                               Sophia 3
II. Professional Business Requirements (42 Credits)
ACC-101 Principles of Financial Accounting                           study.com 3
ACC-102 Principles of Managerial Accounting                   study.com 3
CIS-107 Computer Concepts and Applications                     TESU -16 credit semester 3
LAW-201 Business Law                                              sophia.com 3
MAN-210 Principles of Management                     CLEP DONE ALREADY 3
MAR-201 Introduction to Marketing                     CLEP DONE ALREADY 3
FIN-301 Principles of Finance                            Sophia.com 3
ECO-111 Macroeconomics                                   Sophia.com 3
ECO-112 Microeconomics                                Sophia.com 3
BUS-210 Quantitative Skills for Business                 CSM Learn 3
STA-201 Principles of Statistics Sophia.org 3
BUS 113 Business Communication                       study.com Business 113: Business Communication        3
BUS 120 International Business                           study.com  Business 120: International Business 3
BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone                      TESU -16 credit semester 3
III. Area of Study (18 Credits)
A. Required Courses (6 Credits)
ACC-201 Intermediate Accounting I                         study.com 3
ACC-202 Intermediate Accounting II                                  study.com 3
B. Additional Courses 12 Credits Select four courses
ACC-401 Advanced Accounting I                         study.com 3
ACC-402 Advanced Accounting II                                       TESU 16 credit semester 3
ACC-411 Auditing 3
ACC-421 Federal Income Taxation                                    TECEP or UNA 3
ACC-303 Cost  Accounting                                        study.com 3
ACC-415 Advanced Audit 3
IV. Electives (9 Credits)   
PLA 100 PLA-100                                                TESU -16 credit semester 1
CIS 351 CIS 351 Computer Concepts                                         TESU -16 credit semester 3
intro to IT                                                   Sophia 3
Essentials of Managing Conflict                                  sophia 1
Developing Effective Teams                               sophia 1

Acethroughcollege, you do need 150 credits to actually get your CPA certificate. You can do your 120 hour bachelors and then a masters degree (MBA, MAcc, etc), but you can also just have “extra” undergrad credits. In other words, having 127 hours (or more) on your degree plan isn’t necessarily a bad thing… Much cheaper and easier to take some “extra” CLEP/ or Sophia classes than going back to school, whether for more undergraduate or graduate credits later.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • thecontrarian
(09-26-2021, 05:26 PM)freeloader Wrote: Acethroughcollege, you do need 150 credits to actually get your CPA certificate. You can do your 120 hour bachelors and then a masters degree (MBA, MAcc, etc), but you can also just have “extra” undergrad credits. In other words, having 127 hours (or more) on your degree plan isn’t necessarily a bad thing…  Much cheaper and easier to take some “extra” CLEP/ or Sophia classes than going back to school, whether for more undergraduate or graduate credits later.

Are you saying that a masters is not required? It can just be more credits in the undergrad part?
Can those extra 30 credits be in any area?

(09-26-2021, 05:33 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 05:26 PM)freeloader Wrote: Acethroughcollege, you do need 150 credits to actually get your CPA certificate. You can do your 120 hour bachelors and then a masters degree (MBA, MAcc, etc), but you can also just have “extra” undergrad credits. In other words, having 127 hours (or more) on your degree plan isn’t necessarily a bad thing…  Much cheaper and easier to take some “extra” CLEP/ or Sophia classes than going back to school, whether for more undergraduate or graduate credits later.

Are you saying that a masters is not required? It can just be more credits in the undergrad part?
Can those extra 30 credits be in any area?

A master’s degree is not required for a NJ CPA license. The 30 “extra” credits can be in any subject area(s). I know a couple of CPAs who got their bachelor’s degrees, sat for the exam, and took a bunch of random community college courses to get to the 150 to actually get their license. Of course, you might want a relevant master’s degree for your own purposes, it might help you get a job, etc., etc., but it is not required.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 341 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 196 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 414 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 216 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 375 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 344 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,578 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 634 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts