Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potentially rising prices at Eastern University (MS in Data Science)
I was told by someone at Eastern University that the cost of their MS in Data Science program, "has the potential to increase after this academic year", but, "they do not anticipate a large increase".

I don't know if it is possible to "lock in" a price since they do not charge the full program price up-font. From what I understand, you have to pay at the beginning of every new 7 week term. Again, I am not sure if the price can be locked-in?

I will be using a Federal Student Loan to pay for my classes at the beginning. It sounds like I will need to resubmit FAFSA forms every 7 week term period? Is this right? 

Does anyone here have any experience using a federal student loan with Eastern University specific to one of their graduate programs?
currently working on: 
Getting a few IT certs, Coursera certificates, and a TEFL Certification while researching Graduate Degree options.

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
You file a FAFSA once a year. It's good for the entire academic year.

UMPI: BLS with Management Information Systems, Project Management, and Management minors - Graduating March 2021

UMPI: MA in Organizational Studies - beginning March 2021

Community College: AS Individual Studies
Community College: AAS Business Administration

Sophia: Environmental Science, Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, College Algebra, Visual Communication, Microeconomics, Introduction to Information Technology, Introduction to Statistics, Human Biology

UMPI: https://online.umpi.edu/
With most schools, you cannot lock in pricing - unless they offer that specifically (some schools do give a "this price is set for 4 years" deals).

FAFSA is a once-a-year thing.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-12-2020, 11:36 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You file a FAFSA once a year. It's good for the entire academic year.

I see, thanks for the reply.

(11-12-2020, 01:44 PM)dfrecore Wrote: With most schools, you cannot lock in pricing - unless they offer that specifically (some schools do give a "this price is set for 4 years" deals).

FAFSA is a once-a-year thing.

I see, thanks for responding. It is good to see you on this site still! Thank you again for helping me with my undergrad degree plan!
currently working on: 
Getting a few IT certs, Coursera certificates, and a TEFL Certification while researching Graduate Degree options.

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
FAFSA is done once per year, like others have stated.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2022, Expected)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | College of Health Sciences

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eastern University Sparklette 69 6,374 01-18-2021, 01:25 PM
Last Post: eleverson
  Decent prices for Education Grad School Credit Whitepines 0 173 01-13-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Whitepines
  University of Denver Online Master's in Data Science matrixski 6 428 12-31-2020, 12:19 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  California Coast University - Anyone done a Masters? Graduate Certificate? GoodYellowDogs 13 598 12-24-2020, 02:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advanced Data Analytics Masters Program at UNT? SoulBlast 2 295 12-22-2020, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude
  ACCEPTED University of Alaska Fairbanks MBA Zachcleigh 8 898 12-15-2020, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  Temple University mba online ranking news Imbanewbie 2 238 12-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Thoughts on Brandman University natshar 0 347 12-04-2020, 11:27 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Thoughts and Opinions on PhD in Bible Exposition from Liberty University isaachunter 8 727 11-30-2020, 01:50 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  University of Health & Humanities, Virgin Islands (UHHVI) bjcheung77 1 358 11-26-2020, 01:09 PM
Last Post: eLearner