Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proctor U Setup Time - Frustrating This Week
My son took a proctored final yesterday, and another today, via ProctorU, for Straighterline courses. It took the proctor almost 30 minutes yesterday to do all the setup steps, and today it took the proctor over 45 minutes. My son was so irritated by the time he started the test he got to question 20 then decided to just click A all the way down. It didn't used to take more than 10 minutes or so for him to get the test going - not sure what the issue is this week. He is taking two more tests this week and really not looking forward to dealing with that BS again.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I've been having issues with Proctor U as well. The last time I took my exam, it took almost 15 minutes for me to connect with a proctor. After that, the guy didn't know what he was doing and kept refreshing my page saying he couldn't get the audio to work. So he sent me to a tech. I wait another 10-15 minutes and connect with the tech, only for him to say Oh everything's working fine I don't understand why he sent you over to us. And then I had t wait again for a proctor. And it's not the first time I've had to wait forever with them.
TESU BSBA GM
Started: Nov 2016
Graduation Goal: Sept 2017
114/120

CLEP: (15) A&I LiteratureㅣCollege Compㅣ Macroeconomics
ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
The Institutes: (2) Insurance Ethics
TEEX: (4) Cybersecurity for EveryoneㅣCybersecurity for IT Professionals
Saylor: (18) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political Philosophy
Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnvironmental Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
DAVAR: (18) CIS 101ㅣCIS 315ㅣSCI 103ㅣSCI 102ㅣMAN 390ㅣAmerican Gov
TECEP: (3) Business Admin BUS-421
Thankfully I haven't been seeing these issues. I have only taken 3 exams from ProctorU so far and should only be about 5 by the time I am finished. I generally have everything up and ready for when the proctor connects. Hopefully I won't have this issue on my next one Friday.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Thankfully I haven't been seeing these issues. I have only taken 3 exams from ProctorU so far and should only be about 5 by the time I am finished. I generally have everything up and ready for when the proctor connects. Hopefully I won't have this issue on my next one Friday.

I wish I could second this but after taking 6 tests with them( and taking one more), every single time was a issue so you have to just go into this expecting problems. I am going with WGU I looked up their online proctor and.... I could cry!!!!! They use ProctorU! I thought after taking all these courses with SL, I had escaped Proctur U but here they come again!
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

teacher2 Wrote:I wish I could second this but after taking 6 tests with them( and taking one more), every single time was a issue so you have to just go into this expecting problems. I am going with WGU I looked up their online proctor and.... I could cry!!!!! They use ProctorU! I thought after taking all these courses with SL, I had escaped Proctur U but here they come again!

Oh no! I was just telling my son if he can get through this next two weeks he's done with ProctorU forever. Oops - he's enrolling at WGU in July.
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
WGU now uses Examity, not Proctor U. Or if you prefer, you can schedule at in-person testing centers that they partner with, like Sylvan Learning Centers
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Yah your right... For the Business and IT folks. Here is what WGU said in their Assesment services

Technical setup:

Students should restart their computer before they begin an exam.
They should also test their computer systems and Internet bandwidth before they begin.
ProctorU students (students in the Teacher’s and Health Professions colleges): ProctorU - Help Desk
Examity students (students in the Business and IT colleges): http://prod.examity.com/systemcheck/Comp...Check.aspx

I guess this is a warning to those who are going the teacher route like me. Cause I am in a rural area the nearest Sylvan Learning center is a hour away.
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

oh, weird. it's odd that they'd use a different provider based on the colleges within the university, but i'm sure they have some reasoning for it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:oh, weird. it's odd that they'd use a different provider based on the colleges within the university, but i'm sure they have some reasoning for it.

I've never heard of Examity. Interesting - thanks!

jsd Wrote:oh, weird. it's odd that they'd use a different provider based on the colleges within the university, but i'm sure they have some reasoning for it.

If they do I wish I knew!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,081 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 741 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com - Best Time/Cost Saving Strategy? kylan11 13 1,350 10-18-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Isn't it about time for new Study.com courses? jsh1138 43 7,419 05-31-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  SDC proctor tips? Kones 9 1,069 03-12-2023, 02:46 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Study.com completion time? him22 6 1,403 09-15-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: lisarox
  Saylor Piloting New Proctor ($5/test instead of $25) ylmir 19 4,332 12-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,125 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  SDC proctor NewatTESU 16 2,483 07-23-2021, 02:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia, only 2 courses active at one time cerich67 75 11,973 04-30-2021, 08:52 AM
Last Post: ctcarl