Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proctor authentication younger students
Does anyone have tips for preparing a younger high school student for the authentication process? I've nearly failed it myself a couple times when I was asked about cities/addresses I lived in 15 years ago. I'm guessing I can't be in the room during authentication?
I don't think they always ask the same questions, and they can always say "I was 2, I have no idea." Then they would have to ask another question.

Also, the authentication questions normally come from your credit report (not directly, but there is obviously a database out there with the info because it's similar to what I have had to go through when authenticating my info for other things credit-related). So, your child may not have ANY info they can ask about, if they don't have a credit report (most people under 18 won't). I'm not sure what they do at that point, but I'm sure they come up with something else to ask about in that instance.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you! Good to know you can ask for another question.
(08-22-2017, 06:41 AM)n2yoga Wrote: Thank you! Good to know you can ask for another question.

It's not that you need to ask for one, it's just that they will have to figure out a different means of authentication, other than using a credit report.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-22-2017, 12:41 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I don't think they always ask the same questions, and they can always say "I was 2, I have no idea."  Then they would have to ask another question.

Also, the authentication questions normally come from your credit report (not directly, but there is obviously a database out there with the info because it's similar to what I have had to go through when authenticating my info for other things credit-related).  So, your child may not have ANY info they can ask about, if they don't have a credit report (most people under 18 won't).  I'm not sure what they do at that point, but I'm sure they come up with something else to ask about in that instance.

My grandfather, my father, and I all share (shared, I suppose, my grandfather recently passed) the same name, and I was asked about where my grandfather lived in 1984 and about the color of the car he owned in the '89. I wasn't born until the 90's, and my proctor wasn't amused at all when I said, "I apologize, but I wasn't alive in 1984, so I don't know the answer to any of these."

I had to reschedule because he was an incompetent oaf, and I try not to say that about people unless I am absolutely certain it is true.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
I've never failed authentication but they keep asking me what hospital is closest to my address and every time I'm like, idk. But they don't mind.

I wonder, if the person taking the test is a minor and doesn't have any info to pull from, if they'll just make you show a second form of ID.
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
(08-22-2017, 03:20 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 12:41 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I don't think they always ask the same questions, and they can always say "I was 2, I have no idea."  Then they would have to ask another question.

Also, the authentication questions normally come from your credit report (not directly, but there is obviously a database out there with the info because it's similar to what I have had to go through when authenticating my info for other things credit-related).  So, your child may not have ANY info they can ask about, if they don't have a credit report (most people under 18 won't).  I'm not sure what they do at that point, but I'm sure they come up with something else to ask about in that instance.

My grandfather, my father, and I all share (shared, I suppose, my grandfather recently passed) the same name, and I was asked about where my grandfather lived in 1984 and about the color of the car he owned in the '89. I wasn't born until the 90's, and my proctor wasn't amused at all when I said, "I apologize, but I wasn't alive in 1984, so I don't know the answer to any of these."

I had to reschedule because he was an incompetent oaf, and I try not to say that about people unless I am absolutely certain it is true.

I'm not certain I know the color of the car I drove in 1989 .  I went through a lot of crappy cars back then in my late teens/early 20's, it could be any number of cars I drove then.  Honestly, I don't have the faintest idea which one I was on then.  As a matter of fact, in 1989, I might have driven 3 different cars over the year.

I mean, I can't even definitively tell you the color of my husband's car now - I say it's gray, he says it's silver, I know the name is something not even remotely close to either of those (maybe pewter??).  But I'm not sure where that would be on any documentation?  So weird.
I am posting to follow up on our experience today. My daughter failed the authentication questions which were similar to the ones I usually get which are incorrect about our geographic location. She was asked to show a second ID. She used her passport and that was accepted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes n2yoga's post:
  • dfrecore

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SDC proctor tips? Kones 9 1,068 03-12-2023, 02:46 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,529 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
  Saylor Piloting New Proctor ($5/test instead of $25) ylmir 19 4,273 12-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Are there resources to get credits online for students in the UK? yellow_gambit 4 1,013 11-24-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: yellow_gambit
  SDC proctor NewatTESU 16 2,469 07-23-2021, 02:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC PSI proctor service issue lrck4 6 1,375 01-24-2020, 11:50 PM
Last Post: udi
  Free Saylor Proctor natshar 4 1,579 11-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Are NCCRS credits allowed for international students?? cecilgambe7 3 1,111 09-16-2019, 11:22 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Proctor Page Error on Study.com ROYISAGIRL 2 1,525 12-23-2018, 05:29 AM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Warning about Study.com 30 day trial for TESU students LuckyStar 19 21,009 12-16-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: natshar