Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC PSI proctor service issue
Has anyone had any issues lately with PSI proctor service? I have been booted off two different times due to a "low bandwidth" error. Not sure whats going on with PSI, both times their online support via chat was unable to resolve issue.

Done several bandwidth test online after getting booted off exam and found no issues. The bad thing is when get an exam code from study, it gets deducted from your available amount of two, even if your unable to take exam due to technical issues with PSI. 

Angry
Can't you log back in once the bandwidth returns? I've been booted off before because my connection totally went out. Then, I was able to log back in after ten minutes using the same code and resumed the exam where I left off.

However, I also got the low bandwidth error for the first time a few weeks ago. Maybe I really had low bandwidth, but I don't think so. When I tried again a few minutes later, I got in without a problem.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(01-24-2020, 01:00 PM)udi Wrote: Can't you log back in once the bandwidth returns? I've been booted off before because my connection totally went out. Then, I was able to log back in after ten minutes using the same code and resumed the exam where I left off.

However, I also got the low bandwidth error for the first time a few weeks ago. Maybe I really had low bandwidth, but I don't think so. When I tried again a few minutes later, I got in without a problem.

I tried logging in several times yesterday, and kept getting booted off before I was ever able to enter exam code. i took 3 exams last month same computer and internet connection with no issues. However, this month I keep getting booted off. looks like no exams for me this month, considering my billing cycle starts on 26th.

After getting booted off I was able to stream 2 movies back to back on Netflix, so no problem with bandwidth doing that.
I'll go ahead and submit a complaint to Study so they know because I thought it was just me.
OnlineDegree

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
(01-24-2020, 02:11 PM)udi Wrote: I'll go ahead and submit a complaint to Study so they know because I thought it was just me.

I did this morning, still waiting on a response.
(01-24-2020, 07:57 AM)lrck4 Wrote: Has anyone had any issues lately with PSI proctor service? I have been booted off two different times due to a "low bandwidth" error. Not sure whats going on with PSI, both times their online support via chat was unable to resolve issue.

Done several bandwidth test online after getting booted off exam and found no issues. The bad thing is when get an exam code from study, it gets deducted from your available amount of two, even if your unable to take exam due to technical issues with PSI. 

Angry

YES!! This has happened to me twice now! The last two exams I took with SDC gave me the low bandwidth error. I was using an HP running Windows 10. I switched to a Macbook Air and I believe I was able to get in. What computer were you using?
I was using an old laptop, but this has to do with the Internet connection. Maybe the proctor raised the bandwidth requirements recently.
OnlineDegree

Study

Saylor.org

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp 1 Touchstone Issue arrakis 29 7,222 06-21-2023, 05:05 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  SDC proctor tips? Kones 9 1,068 03-12-2023, 02:46 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Saylor Piloting New Proctor ($5/test instead of $25) ylmir 19 4,274 12-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SDC proctor NewatTESU 16 2,470 07-23-2021, 02:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC Proctored Exam Issue Diana321 8 26,929 02-20-2020, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Free Saylor Proctor natshar 4 1,579 11-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TEEX ISSUE mgmar22 5 1,427 03-17-2019, 04:11 PM
Last Post: mgmar22
  Another weird ProctorU issue jsh1138 42 6,845 12-24-2018, 12:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Proctor Page Error on Study.com ROYISAGIRL 2 1,525 12-23-2018, 05:29 AM