Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC Proctored Exam Issue
Hello everyone!

First, I’d like to mention that this forum has been an amazing source of information in finally obtaining my degree, everyone here is so helpful and very supportive.  Had I had a place like this to come to when I first attempted this, I’d have graduated YEARS ago!

So I’m hoping you can guide me towards what to do next with this situation.  This past Sunday, I was on question #60 of a proctored exam for study.com when an error screen came up and said I have 30 seconds to save my work or all would be lost.  Then the entire screen shut down.  I called SDC and they said someone would call me back.  I also submitted an email request via their site.  On Monday I realized they took one of my 2 exams away and said they were in the process of grading my exam.  No one’s called me so I called again yesterday and rec’d the same response of “someone will call you”.  Today I learn I failed the exam and need to re-take it.   I'm confident I would have passed it under normal circumstances.  I only needed to score a 57% and I scored a 51% with 40 questions left blank.

I’d love to retake the exam, but I don’t want to use up my remaining one exam for the month and I can’t seem to get anyone to call me.  Any tips/tricks to getting this resolved or am I being too impatient with the process?  Or maybe I need to chalk this up to internet gremlins and just retake the exam at my expense?  Any help is appreciated, thank you very much!
You can send them a message explaining the situation. I don't know if they'll grant you a free retake.
You mention not wanting to use your second exam for the month. Each month 2 are included, but once you used those you can buy up to three more at $70 each.
Thank you for your message. They haven't responded to Sunday's email (or my 2 phone calls), but I did just send them another email asking for a response. I was hoping to avoid buying an exam this month but so far it's looking like that's what I'm going to have to do here.

Well, clearly I need to have some patience here. I just received a response from SDC. They reset the exam so that I can take it again and, once taken, I will still have one remaining exam for the month. So happy for this news!
SDC is the absolute worst that I have experienced in regards to customer service. I love their courses, but they need to revamp their phone system and add more people for email replies.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrighterFuture88's post:
  • lrck4
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them. I recently took 2 tests last week with them. On my 2nd test i got a pop up saying that "Lync wasnt allowed" that freaked me out as i dont even have lync installed. it happened during my 2nd test on question 15 or so. Nontheless i clicked ok and kept going and it got submitted with no issue. I had emailed them about another issue and they never got back. Sometimes you have to email them multiple times ive heard.
(02-05-2020, 11:55 AM)Diana321 Wrote: Thank you for your message. They haven't responded to Sunday's email (or my 2 phone calls), but I did just send them another email asking for a response.  I was hoping to avoid buying an exam this month but so far it's looking like that's what I'm going to have to do here.

Well, clearly I need to have some patience here.  I just received a response from SDC.  They reset the exam so that I can take it again and, once taken, I will still have one remaining exam for the month.  So happy for this news!

Glad to hear it all worked out for you!
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

(02-05-2020, 11:43 AM)Diana321 Wrote: Hello everyone!

First, I’d like to mention that this forum has been an amazing source of information in finally obtaining my degree, everyone here is so helpful and very supportive.  Had I had a place like this to come to when I first attempted this, I’d have graduated YEARS ago!

So I’m hoping you can guide me towards what to do next with this situation.  This past Sunday, I was on question #60 of a proctored exam for study.com when an error screen came up and said I have 30 seconds to save my work or all would be lost.  Then the entire screen shut down.  I called SDC and they said someone would call me back.  I also submitted an email request via their site.  On Monday I realized they took one of my 2 exams away and said they were in the process of grading my exam.  No one’s called me so I called again yesterday and rec’d the same response of “someone will call you”.  Today I learn I failed the exam and need to re-take it.   I'm confident I would have passed it under normal circumstances.  I only needed to score a 57% and I scored a 51% with 40 questions left blank.

I’d love to retake the exam, but I don’t want to use up my remaining one exam for the month and I can’t seem to get anyone to call me.  Any tips/tricks to getting this resolved or am I being too impatient with the process?  Or maybe I need to chalk this up to internet gremlins and just retake the exam at my expense?  Any help is appreciated, thank you very much!

I had the same problem today. I was on question #60 on an exam when a screen popped up saying there was a network problem and that I had 30 seconds to save my work. I clicked the ok button and then it shut down. I reopened the software quickly and it asked me to scan the room and take a picture of my ID again, and I did, and I was able to return to my test and finish it.
(02-13-2020, 03:51 PM)plasticbottle Wrote:

I had the same problem today. I was on question #60 on an exam when a screen popped up saying there was a network problem and that I had 30 seconds to save my work. I clicked the ok button and then it shut down. I reopened the software quickly and it asked me to scan the room and take a picture of my ID again, and I did, and I was able to return to my test and finish it.
That's great that you were able to return to the exam!  I wasn't so fortunate and ended up having to retake it this past Sunday.  Now I'm waiting for it to be graded.  So odd that we both had an issue specifically on question #60.
(02-13-2020, 05:01 PM)Diana321 Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 03:51 PM)plasticbottle Wrote:

That's great that you were able to return to the exam!  I wasn't so fortunate and ended up having to retake it this past Sunday.  Now I'm waiting for it to be graded.  So odd that we both had an issue specifically on question #60.

did this happen on study.com?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 264 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 274 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 768 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  Sophia English Comp 1 Touchstone Issue arrakis 29 7,003 06-21-2023, 05:05 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 701 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Anyone recently take the Study.com stats 101 final exam? oh.golly.molly 1 805 05-02-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  exam timer mombie 3 536 03-08-2023, 11:37 AM
  Study.com 5 Exam Limit??? joshua27 15 1,578 02-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: BrianFallon
  When do you have to take your Straighterline exam? loops77 3 685 01-25-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Failed Exam BSBRose21 3 1,977 01-14-2023, 03:49 PM