Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ProctorU FastPass / Fast Track ending?
So,

When I went to straighterline initially, I paid for a service that would let me take a test as soon as a proctor was available. *WELL* worth it.

I am about to take a few more from them, and so when I got an email saying my 'fastpass' was expiring, I went into the system to renew it.

Problem is, there was no way I could find. So, I get on the chat and:

Quote:Kristy S11:32 am Hello High Order. Thank you for reaching out to ProctorU support team. We appreciate your patience. How can I assist you today?

(me) I need to renew my fastpass, pls

Kristy S Unfortunately, we are no longer offering the Fast Track premium. Once any current passes are expired, they cannot be renewed

(me) So, I won't be able to schedule a test on-demand any longer? Read

Kristy S Yes and no. You will only be able to do so if there is a time slot available and depending on your institution, there may be a scheduling fee added to the reservation

(me) Well, that's disappointing. Thank you

for those of you actively using the system, is this right? Or is it just going to first come, first serve?

thanks!
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

I've never used FastPass so I can't speak to that, but I know you can almost always schedule tests on-demand w/o that service, they just add $5-$8 to the regular $25 fee. I've scheduled most of my tests right at testing time, and they've always had proctors available, even in the middle of the night.

I don't like to schedule ahead of time bc it stresses me out to feel the time approaching lol. :leaving:
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:I've never used FastPass so I can't speak to that, but I know you can almost always schedule tests on-demand w/o that service, they just add $5-$8 to the regular $25 fee. I've scheduled most of my tests right at testing time, and they've always had proctors available, even in the middle of the night.

I don't like to schedule ahead of time bc it stresses me out to feel the time approaching lol. :leaving:

I wanted to schedule one yesterday at 2 pm there weren't any available till 10 pm. I usually pay the extra $8.75 to schedule test and take immediately
When I did SL courses, I did them and tried to schedule them 3-4 days in advance (even for some I haven't finished).
It worked well in the end as I know those are the only times I'm available for testing (mainly at 10:30pm to 1am).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
How much was fast pass?
SL is making me mad I got on there today to try to schedule a last minute exam again have to wait 2 hours to take the test.
Collegelady2 Wrote:SL is making me mad I got on there today to try to schedule a last minute exam again have to wait 2 hours to take the test.

LOL, their "take it now" actually doesn't mean "taking the exam now". It's to schedule a time that's not taken.
Pretty much scheduled a couple hours ahead is the "main" options. Otherwise, it'll be later in the day even.
That's why I always schedule mine a few days in advance and placing it in my calendar (generally late at night)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:LOL, their "take it now" actually doesn't mean "taking the exam now". It's to schedule a time that's not taken.
Pretty much scheduled a couple hours ahead is the "main" options. Otherwise, it'll be later in the day even.
That's why I always schedule mine a few days in advance and placing it in my calendar (generally late at night)

Well the previous 6 exams I literally schedule take it now and then took it. Which I loved.
bjcheung77 Wrote:LOL, their "take it now" actually doesn't mean "taking the exam now". It's to schedule a time that's not taken.

I especially don't mind the extra $8.75 exam fee considering I only paid $9 for each course.
Collegelady2 Wrote:Well the previous 6 exams I literally schedule take it now and then took it. Which I loved.

Saturdays are probably too busy Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 792 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 945 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College Algebra and fast petethejuggler 12 1,545 09-21-2022, 04:12 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending GizmoJack 437 60,068 04-13-2022, 01:17 PM
Last Post: ARhead
  Fast 1 Credit Lab Option ashkir 9 1,491 04-05-2021, 06:56 AM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  How fast are assignments graded on Study.com now? bjcheung77 10 1,629 01-12-2021, 09:10 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TEEX 10cr- how fast will it take to complete? jembig 7 1,068 11-18-2020, 09:54 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UL courses cheap/free/fast for TESU AOS BALS Leslie2828 31 5,317 05-03-2020, 10:05 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ProctorU darthweezy 3 727 02-25-2020, 01:39 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  Fast Turnaround from CMS Learn for Quantitative Literacy studiousimp 34 7,021 10-24-2019, 09:20 PM
Last Post: tjguitar85